Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/3/2015 2:49:13 AM EDT
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/2-injured-when-man-accidentally-fires-rifle-at-gun-show-339681182.html

Officials say two men were injured at an Idaho gun show after a vendor from Washington state accidentally fired a rifle.
Ada County Sheriff's officials say a 74-year-old man was securing a rifle with a plastic zip tie Saturday morning when the weapon fired. The bullet reportedly went through a cardboard box, two table covers and a metal cane before striking a man holding the cane as well as a man standing nearby. Both were hit in the leg.
View Quote

rumor has it that he just moved here from Florida
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 2:58:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't care where he moved from, fucking idiot. Idiots everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]
From Florida.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
What's your definition of a fudd, OP?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:09:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

an old coot who shoots people at gunshows while trying to put a rifle in a box
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:10:30 AM EDT
[#5]
He was "securing" the rifle.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:12:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Found one!
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:32:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty specific definition there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:32:26 AM EDT
[#8]
What's the value of a gun show? Sounds like a bunch of tarded shit all the time and nothing you can't get online/at a store anyway unless you like old shit, amirite?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:42:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What's the value of a gun show? Sounds like a bunch of tarded shit all the time and nothing you can't get online/at a store anyway unless you like old shit, amirite?
View Quote

So admittedly, you have never been to a legit gun show have you?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:56:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I don't think you are. I always enjoy the gun shows. Always, perhaps your expectations are out of synch with reality.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:58:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I stopped going to gun shows years ago, however everyone I've ever attended they would have people verifying weapons were cleared and tagging them at the entry doors. Guess that wasn't happening here or it was missed.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fresh jerky and plush beanie babies?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:00:05 AM EDT
[#13]
"...when the gun fired"

No, "...when the asshole fondling the gun fired it because his dumb ass didn't check it's condition"
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

an old coot who shoots people at gunshows while trying to put a rifle in a box and hates black rifles and double stack handgun and rifle magazines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

an old coot who shoots people at gunshows while trying to put a rifle in a box and hates black rifles and double stack handgun and rifle magazines.

Added to your description.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:03:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The internet killed the gun show. I see no reason to go unless I want to A) see where I fit into the gun owner obesity spectrum, B) see what's new in the motorized scooter and baby carriage markets, C) talk to idiot vendors who forget most people have access to the internet and realize their prices suck or D) buy some beef jerky and dreamcatchers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Step 1) make sure rifle is unloaded.    
"BANG!"
"Check!"
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:09:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The internet killed the gun show. I see no reason to go unless I want to A) see where I fit into the gun owner obesity spectrum, B) see what's new in the motorized scooter and baby carriage markets, C) talk to idiot vendors who forget most people have access to the internet and realize their prices suck or D) buy some beef jerky and dreamcatchers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lulz. So true. The last gun show I went to some greasy fat fuck ass blasted the entire area I was in and a few people vomited because the smell was so bad. Never again
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:10:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Found one!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found one!

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:10:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, so tell me what I would gain.  My only goal would be to buy things so what advantages are there to just buying something online and it either getting shipped to a nearby FFL or straight to my door depending on what it is?

I've seen the jerky and beanie baby reference below, but that isn't exactly something that draws me in.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:22:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, so tell me what I would gain.  My only goal would be to buy things so what advantages are there to just buying something online and it either getting shipped to a nearby FFL or straight to my door depending on what it is?

I've seen the jerky and beanie baby reference below, but that isn't exactly something that draws me in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get a bad ass leather rebel flag wallet with your name dented in the leather with metal stamping stencils.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Herp derp "son I've been handing guns longer than you've been alive" annnnd bang.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#22]

At the last show I went to the four idiots in line were taking turns muzzle sweeping just about everybody in line ahead if them including me with the 22 pump rifle one of them had brought. Didn't see one of them check it prior to doing so. Not that that would make it ok.

Yup, that's my last show. Does anybody have a brain anymore?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:48:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I have picked up a "cleared and zip tied but still trigger pullable" rifle and jacked out 3 rounds. Those tube fed .22s get rounds jammed in the tube and no one bothers to make sure they see the follower before calling it clear. I did get a discount on the model 24 though. Haha.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

The ammo can guy.  Sadly, mine died.  

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I've been to a couple shows where firearms were discharged in my presence, including one in Detroit where some guy was hit in the leg.

My local dealer almost blew my head off a couple months ago, while I was looking at the pistol display.  Dumbass pulled the trigger on a suppressed SBR that he took off the rack.  Thankfully, he had the muzzle elevated enough for it to miss my noggin.

The former might have been a fudd, but the latter definitely wasn't.

Dumbasses have infested just about everything.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Really folks.....how hard is it?

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#27]
"Securing the rifle with a plastic zip tie."

WTF is that?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

A Fudd's sole reason for owning guns is for his hobby of hunting. He believes the lie that the Second Amendment only applies to the militia. He supports the NFA, the GCA, the AWB, and the Brady background checks because you can't hunt with a machingun, and the goverment should have records of who owns guns, and he's too much of a coward to accept responsibilty for his own safety, and would prefer that the government does it for him by keeping guns out of the "wrong" hands.

If hunting was outlawed tomorrow, he'd sell all his guns and buy more fishing gear. He says he's a gun owner like he's on your side, but he'd sell your Second Amendment rights straight down the river just so long as he gets to keep his "duck and deer" guns. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing, and he is just as much of an enemy to your gun rights as any gun-banning politician on either side of the R/D line.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Really folks.....how hard is it?

http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/p_988004001_1.jpg
View Quote

I have been shooting for 50 years and simply have no idea how to use one of those things.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

"BANG!"
"Check!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"BANG!"
"Check!"

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

WTF is that?
View Quote

Something to do with safety so the gun can't be loaded and fired.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is that?

I simply have never used anything like that.

I unload the firearm and put in a bore store or case.

I wouldn't even know how to install it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A Fudd's sole reason for owning guns is for his hobby of hunting. He believes the lie that the Second Amendment only applies to the militia. He supports the NFA, the GCA, the AWB, and the Brady background checks because you can't hunt with a machingun, and the goverment should have records of who owns guns, and he's too much of a coward to accept responsibilty for his own safety, and would prefer that the government does it for him by keeping guns out of the "wrong" hands.

If hunting was outlawed tomorrow, he'd sell all his guns and buy more fishing gear. He says he's a gun owner like he's on your side, but he'd sell your Second Amendment rights straight down the river just so long as he gets to keep his "duck and deer" guns. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing, and he is just as much of an enemy to your gun rights as any gun-banning politician on either side of the R/D line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say they are more like a sheep in wolf clothing. They're cowardly and selfish, only thinking about if they get to blast some critter, when it is the congress critter that he should be going after and writing to, as they'll take his hunting gun the same as they'll take our sporting guns. Our government is failing us and we're slowly letting it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:30:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Niiiiiice.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Washington, Florida of the Northwest strikes again.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Can someone link a youtube video showing me how to install that plastic zip tie thingy?

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:31:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but if you buy everything on line, you don't get to enjoy the aroma of the patrons who smell like they have a load of shit in their pants.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

WTF is that?
View Quote

"She's good to go, Boss.....all secure"
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is that?

What I find hilarious is that some gun shows that require Zip Ties through the action or to keep the trigger held to the rear allow familiar vendors to just loop a Zip Tie around the trigger guard.

Just hanging like a piece of jewelry.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I stopped going to gun shows years ago, however everyone I've ever attended they would have people verifying weapons were cleared and tagging them at the entry doors. Guess that wasn't happening here or it was missed.
View Quote

I don't think they check vendors at the door.

Kind of like TSA molesting grandmothers in wheelchairs, but allowing airline employees to service aircraft unmolested.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"BANG!"
"Check!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"BANG!"
"Check!"

LOL
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What I find hilarious is that some gun shows that require Zip Ties through the action or to keep the trigger held to the rear allow familiar vendors to just loop a Zip Tie around the trigger guard.

View Quote

I'm a little embarrassed that I don't have any idea how to use one of those things.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayup...

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#44]
So it sounds like the best way to do away with gun owners in America is to promote more gun shows and before long they'll all have shot themselves or each other.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is that?

"She's good to go, Boss.....all secure"
http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M1445c068f4d1197d8b388988715e63d3o0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is that?

The cheapest way to go through the motions of safety so the gun can't be loaded and fired.

Crossroads of the West gun show?

Gun Appreciation Day

I don't go to "gun shows".
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is exactly how that Remington 24 I found loaded was zipped up, and yes tcrpe, it was crossroads of the west.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is that?

Zip-Tie goes through the open action, keeping the firing mechanism unable to operate.

On a detachable magazine-fed semi-auto it's easy:  Up through the magwell, out of the open ejection port.

A revolver is less easy.  Zip-Tie has to go through the cylinder that will index next, preventing the hammer from being cocked.

A break-action, or a tubular mag gun is not so easy, since theirs' only one hole.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is that?

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Almost every old timer I see at a gun show has his booger hook on the bang switch. Pretty sure that's why they had to add the back strap safety to the 1911
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top