Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2015 6:39:07 PM EDT
My house is in a very wooded area and for me to get Direct TV and the NFL package would require me to either a) cut down 5 trees which ain't happening, or b) pay an extra $2K to run a cable underground and then have a 40ft pole in my backyard with a dish on top of it, and even with that they would want some limbs trimmed to which would be more $$$.  So I'm stuck with Comcast.

But they do have the NFL RedZone channel which kicks ass.  Discuss....
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
watching it now. raider nation yo
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I watch it all day long with another tv showing a full game followed by 2 computers with daily and yearly scoring up.

It's like crack. And the touchdown montage is orgasmic.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
RedZone Rules!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I love it too. It's ideal for people that are in a fantasy football league.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Best part is NO COMMERCIALS!!!!

The host, Scott Hanson, is perfect for the role.  Doesn't interject is personal bias, stays cool and calm, conveys relevant info.  If ESPN did it I'm sure there would be some skinny chick in studio with a host and all sorts of artificially created excitement.  Hanson is perfect and delivers the news as the news.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
No commercials and auto channel switch. Don't mind if I do.

It's so hard to watch just one game now. It is indeed like crack.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#7]
We don't do commercials so here's some more football. All the games are in commercial so here's some replays of more football.

It's crack.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I just don't get the whole NFL broadcast business model.  

So, DirectTV offers ever game, but charges $90 extra for RedZone (I think???)

No other carrier can offer every game, but most can offer RedZone for much less than the $90 that Direct TV charges.  

Why not let EVERY carrier offer both??????  Then again, I'm not the commish of the NFL
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
They own the content. They can charge what they want. I get redzone for 8 bucks a month and a whole lot more as a sports package on cable.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They own the content. They can charge what they want. I get redzone for 8 bucks a month and a whole lot more as a sports package on cable.
View Quote

Exactly, which means there are a whole hell of a lot of consumers out there willing to pay the money for Sunday ticket.  Why would they limit their options to only Direct TV?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Exactly, which means there are a whole hell of a lot of consumers out there willing to pay the money for Sunday ticket.  Why would they limit their options to only Direct TV?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Direct tv signed a long exclusive agreement with the nfl for rebroadcast rights. It's all contract negotions. If the nfl could sell all games to cable they would.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
watching it now. raider nation yo
View Quote

4 - 3

Oh yea
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Thought it was stupid when it first came out.

Last few years it is the ONLY way to watch Sunday football in my house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top