Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm betting fake (or a different plane getting shot down), but if they did do it, I hope they didn't do it with American weapons.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Falling out of the air at several thousand feet because of ROPers is not a way I would want to go.  RIP.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Were they shouting snackbar all the time? if NO, then I call fake. It doesn't make sense for ISIS to attack Russia since Russia wasn't really messing with them, unless they are wanting more foreign recruits; or they want the Chechens to get freaky again. Prolly SA7s from Libya.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#4]
So is this from a fighter jet?

It would take a good camera to film a jet getting hit at 30k ft
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Regardless these airliners need defensive counter measures in today's world.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:02:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Its going to be fun to watch this one work itself out.   If its true that they shot it down one has to wonder where they got the arms used for the shoot down?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Fair skies and tailwinds to those onboard.

May fuck be upon those that shot it down.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't believe it. Aircraft was supposedly at FL310 in that video?

Not to mention the total lack of surface to air assets capable of reaching that altitude
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm calling BS. Unless it was a bomb on board. They don't have anything to shoot down a plane @ 30,000 ft.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#10]

But I hope Russia Nukes Raqqa regardless.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Were they shouting snackbar all the time? if NO, then I call fake. It doesn't make sense for ISIS to attack Russia since Russia wasn't really messing with them, unless they are wanting more foreign recruits; or they want the Chechens to get freaky again. Prolly SA7s from Libya.
View Quote

Impossible
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks fake as fuck
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:08:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, maybe fake. But a good one, the airliner came down in two pieces, the tail section was burnt, not the front. Just like the pics. As for armaments, anything the Libyan's had is now in the Sinai.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

SA-7 has a maximum altitude effectiveness of 4500 meters.  The airliner was above 30,000 ft. , or twice as high. .
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess Ambassador Stevens gave them the good shit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I think the video is sketchy.

But if this is on them, if they really are responsible, and mind you I am no fan of Russia or Putin, I hope they get death rained down upon them so hard you'd need a microscope to find their body parts.

The pictures of the victims...
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Libya shipped a couple manpads over that way 4 years ago.  People actually call BS?  I'm thinking what took the goat fuckers so long.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But I hope Russia Nukes Raqqa regardless.
View Quote

Seems that's what it's coming to.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Already posted here and confirmed as fake.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:12:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Libya shipped a couple manpads over that way 4 years ago.  People actually call BS?  I'm thinking what took the goat fuckers so long.  
View Quote

Nothin outside of an IADS type missile is going to hit something at 30k ft
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Derp!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

What system shipped by Libya is capable of bringing down an airliner at 31,000'?

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#23]
In 2009 the IISS estimated that Libya had Crotale, SA-7 Grail, SA-9/SA-13 surface-to-air missiles, and AA guns in Army service. A separate Air Defence Command has SA-2, SA-3, SA-5 Gammon, and SA-8b Gecko, plus guns.

Many of Libya's air defence systems were destroyed during the civil war,[14] how much, if any, remained intact afterwards is unknown. Many of the anti-aircraft guns captured by rebel forces were turned on Libyan Army ground forces after being bolted onto pick up trucks.[15]

SAM / Vehicle-mounted SAM system
SA-7 Grail
9K31 Strela-1 SA-9
9K35 Strela-10 SA-13
S-75 Dvina SA-2
S-125 Neva/Pechora SA-3
S-200 Angara/Vega/Dubna SA-5
9K33 Osa SA-8
Reported anti aircraft artillery includes Soviet 57 mm S-60, 23 mm self-propelled ZSU-23-4 and ZU-23-2, Czech M53/59 Praga, and Swedish Bofors 40mm guns.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Its going to be fun to watch this one work itself out.   If its true that they shot it down one has to wonder where they got the arms used for the shoot down?
View Quote

I know right? Who in their right mind would supply terrorists with anti-aircraft missiles.

ETA - I see above nothing we handed out goes that high.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In 2009 the IISS estimated that Libya had Crotale, SA-7 Grail, SA-9/SA-13 surface-to-air missiles, and AA guns in Army service. A separate Air Defence Command has SA-2, SA-3, SA-5 Gammon, and SA-8b Gecko, plus guns.

Many of Libya's air defence systems were destroyed during the civil war,[14] how much, if any, remained intact afterwards is unknown. Many of the anti-aircraft guns captured by rebel forces were turned on Libyan Army ground forces after being bolted onto pick up trucks.[15]

SA-7 Grail
9K31 Strela-1 SA-9
9K35 Strela-10 SA-13
S-75 Dvina SA-2
S-125 Neva/Pechora SA-3
9K33 Osa SA-8
Reported anti aircraft artillery includes Soviet 57 mm S-60, 23 mm self-propelled ZSU-23-4 and ZU-23-2, Czech M53/59 Praga, and Swedish Bofors 40mm guns.
View Quote

Manpads wont hit anything that high nor will the AAA guns, and I would think the Egyptians and IDF would be quick to notice someone lighting off search radar for a real SAM.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:21:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I know right? Who in their right mind would supply terrorists with anti-aircraft missiles?

Cough...Benghazi...cough
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know right? Who in their right mind would supply terrorists with anti-aircraft missiles?

Cough...Benghazi...cough

Like what? Patriots and Standard Missiles?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#27]
If they did do it, I hope this galvanizes Russian public opinion to
rain death upon them in Old Testament style............
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:22:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cough...Benghazi...cough

I should have read further before posting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

SA-7 Grail
9K31 Strela-1 SA-9
9K35 Strela-10 SA-13
S-75 Dvina SA-2
S-125 Neva/Pechora SA-3
9K33 Osa SA-8
View Quote

I think someone would notice some SAMs going off. The again, not like they have an obligation to let us know.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Given that the news media knew exactly who was responsible for the Plane in Ukraine before it even hit the ground, why dont they know this one by now?

Is there going to be an investigation to trace the missile back to Libya then the US?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Given that the news media knew exactly who was responsible for the Plane in Ukraine before it even hit the ground, why dont they know this one by now?

Is there going to be an investigation to trace the missile back to Libya then the US?
View Quote

It could just as easily have been a Russian false flag, if it was indeed a SAM.

Putin has a very personal history with that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#32]
an SA-5 has a ceiling of 66000 ft and that's the old ones.
ETA: at Mach 4
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:29:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even Putin cant make entire embassies disappear
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He dropped some apartment buildings on a bunch of people.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:33:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew he was muscular for his age, but he has ascended to marvel comic book villian level now? Dropping buildings on people? You know its bad when pro government posters say "false flag"
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:34:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
an SA-5 has a ceiling of 66000 ft and that's the old ones.
ETA: at Mach 4
View Quote

Hey, that's got a history of shooting down an airliner, too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:35:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Yea, poke a bear with a nuclear arsenal, and a psychopath at the controls.
ISIS lacks critical thinking skills.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I knew he was muscular for his age, but he has ascended to marvel comic book villian level now? Dropping buildings on people? You know its bad when pro government posters say "false flag"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you're not familiar with the origins of the Chechen wars.

Hint: It wasn't velociraptors released by mujahideen killing a bunch of Russian civilians.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hint: It wasn't velociraptors released by mujahideen killing a bunch of Russian civilians.
View Quote

How did we get from a passenger airliner to the chechen war? Loosening associations between concepts is a symptom of psychosis.

Are you going to claim that because the USA did the Shock 'n Awe bombing in Baghdad, that we also blew up the chinese factory a few months ago?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:39:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what are you saying mdk?  Tell me more.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:40:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Putin shoots it down and of course ISIS claims they did it and now Putin looks justified doing his thing. perfect planning.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:42:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since this is an airplane thread, can l make airplane sounds while spoon feeding you?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I think someone would notice some SAMs going off. The again, not like they have an obligation to let us know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SA-7 Grail
9K31 Strela-1 SA-9
9K35 Strela-10 SA-13
S-75 Dvina SA-2
S-125 Neva/Pechora SA-3
9K33 Osa SA-8

Isn't that area pretty remote? Even if the missile were trailered in and it was the size of a telephone pole there are some places a launch could go unseen.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:47:43 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't believe it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Putin shoots it down and of course ISIS claims they did it and now Putin looks justified doing his thing. perfect planning.
View Quote

There are even looser associations with the Chechens and the apartments and the Russian public bought that.

Hey, if it's enough justification to nuke the bastards, game on.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Since this is an airplane thread, can l make airplane sounds while spoon feeding you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since you're probably making airplane sounds anyway, you might as well kill two birds with one stone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:51:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Since you're probably making airplane sounds anyway, you might as well kill two birds with one stone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet he's making dinosaur noises.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I swear, every time he posts I hear the theme music from Jurassic Park in my head.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess you've spoken to some people...
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yup, now we know where those stingers went.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top