Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:59:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Black children learn through osmosis. You put them next to white kids and their IQ's equalize.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Do what I did, folks, if you are able.  Homeschool.  Starve the beast.

Sometimes, the only way to win the game...is not to play.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#3]
"No child left behind" is a complete failure, some kids need to be kicked out of school so the rest can actually learn.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Saw that on Syracuse .com.  He's getting killed in the comments.

He lives in a lilly white side of town with excellent schools.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh yeah?

Rich, black and FLUNKING

(it's a long article, but it's really good. Black professor from UC Berkeley, who is an immigrant, is asked to go to a school in a well-to-do area that is absolutely not hurting for funds, to find out why the black students are failing. It's pretty much their culture... it permeates even families who manage to gain some socioeconomic success and get into nicer neighborhoods.)
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Another attempt to ameliorate the deleterious nature of single mom households.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"No child left behind" is a complete failure, some kids need to be kicked out of school so the rest can actually learn.
View Quote

There should be two types of schools: corporal and noncorporal. If a kid is rowdy and doesn't apply himself, he gets taken from the peaceful school and sent to the school where there is a teacher plus a guy with a stick in every room. Whenever a kid misbehaves, the guy with the stick just walks up and beats his ass until he shuts the fuck up and reads his damn book.

Sam Johnson figured this out in 1775: "There is now less flogging in our great schools than formerly, but then
less is learned there; so that what the boys get at one end they lose at
the other"

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Louisville, KY has the same problem. JCPS is the school district (Jefferson County Public Schools), they were sued and it went all the way to the US Supreme Court.

Interesting read if you have the time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They'll never bus in NY, anymore than they will force expensive suburbs to build section 8 apartment buildings  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll never bus in NY, anymore than they will force expensive suburbs to build section 8 apartment buildings  

Monroe county has brought back busing.
http://www.monroe.edu/urbansuburban.cfm
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Interesting article from WaPo. One quote from black activists stuck with me: "It's not the bus, it's us." That's it in a sound bite.

Here's the deal: since 1965 we've had 50 years, two generations, of:

-quotas in admissions to higher education
-quotas in hiring
-quotas, quotas everywhere. Yes, I'll be told that there weren't official "quotas". But everyone knows what happens to people who don't have the right numbers: attention from DOJ and SJW's.

In addition, massive, generous welfare programs designed primarily to aid people of certain groups. No requirement to work, no personal responsibility. No accountability. Places like Baltimore get hundreds of billions of dollars shoveled at them.

So can we stop playing this losing game? No.

1965: Some people don't want to associate with some other people
2015: Some people don't want to associate with some other people
I predict that this will continue. Until some people change.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#13]
No High School has a 99% graduation rate, school districts lie about graduation rates.  

All go to college?  College is for people with IQs of 110 or higher (the top 25%), few, if any, graduating classes meet that standard.  Even fewer, if any, have an entering freshman class where every person has an IQ of 110 or higher.  

Shipping members of The Low IQ Left into nicer schools is all about degrading nice schools into Democrat dominated hell holes.  It is about enforcing Progressive racism.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Busing didn't fail
View Quote

Spoken like someone who's never experienced it. I lived through it. As a kid in the '70s, we had tons of black kids bused to our school from the west side. They hated it. They hated being forced to ride the bus across the city to go to a "white kids" school, and they took out their hate on the white kids. Black/white fights were a daily occurrence, nine times out of ten started by the black kid. The white kid was often ganged up on by more than one. And this was just outside or in the classroom. The things that happened in the restrooms were worse, when there were no teachers around to break it up. I was a victim of this myself on a couple of occasions. After school, they went home to their ghetto neighborhood and continued living as they always did.

Forced busing didn't improve anything. All it did is create lots of violence.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh yeah?

Rich, black and FLUNKING

(it's a long article, but it's really good. Black professor from UC Berkeley, who is an immigrant, is asked to go to a school in a well-to-do area that is absolutely not hurting for funds, to find out why the black students are failing. It's pretty much their culture... it permeates even families who manage to gain some socioeconomic success and get into nicer neighborhoods.)
View Quote

That is a great article.
Thank you for linking to that!
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oh yeah?

Rich, black and FLUNKING

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Oh yeah?

Rich, black and FLUNKING

"The black parents feel it is their role to move to Shaker Heights, pay the higher taxes so their kids could graduate from Shaker, and that's where their role stops," Ogbu says during an interview at his home in the Oakland hills. "They believe the school system should take care of the rest. They didn't supervise their children that much. They didn't make sure their children did their homework. That's not how other ethnic groups think."

It took the soft-spoken 63-year-old Nigerian immigrant several years to complete his book, Black American Students in an Affluent Suburb: A Study of Academic Disengagement, which he wrote with assistance from his research aide Astrid Davis. Before publication, he gave parents and school officials one year to respond to his research, but no parents ever did. Then Ogbu met with district officials and parents to discuss the book, which was finally published in January.

The gatherings were cordial, but it was clear that his conclusions made some people quite uncomfortable. African-American parents worried that Ogbu's work would further reinforce the stereotype that blacks are intellectually inadequate and lazy. School district officials, meanwhile, were concerned that it would look as if they were blaming black parents and students for their own academic failures.

But in the weeks following the meetings, it became apparent that the person with the greatest cause for worry may have been Ogbu himself. Soon after he left Ohio and returned to California, a black parent from Shaker Heights went on TV and called him an "academic Clarence Thomas." The National Urban League condemned him and his work in a press release that scoffed, "The League holds that it is useless to waste time and energy with those who blame the victims of racism." The criticism eventually made it all the way to The New York Times, where an article published prior to the publication of Ogbu's book quoted or referred to four separate academics who quarreled with his premise. It quoted a Shaker Heights school official who took issue with the professor's conclusions, and cited work by the Minority Student Achievement Network that suggested black students care as much about school as white and Asian students. In fact, the reporter failed to locate a single person in Shaker Heights or anywhere else with anything good to say about the book.

Other scholars have since come forward to take a few more swipes at the professor's premise. "Ogbu is just flat-out wrong about the attitudes about learning by African Americans," explains Asa Hilliard, an education professor at Georgia State University and one of the authors of Young, Gifted, and Black: Promoting High Achievement Among African-American Students. "Education is a very high value in the African-American community and in the African community. The fundamental problem is Dr. Ogbu is unfamiliar with the fact that there are thousands of African-American students who succeed. It doesn't matter whether the students are in Shaker Heights or an inner city. The achievement depends on what expectations the teacher has of the students." Hilliard, who is black, believes Shaker Heights teachers must not expect enough from their black students.

It's not mah fault!
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I never heard of that before but a newspaper article says it's a fifty year old program that limited children can get into. Also it's restricted by races which I wonder whether you could get away with  

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2015/01/17/urban-suburban-program-districts/21920035/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monroe county has brought back busing.
http://www.monroe.edu/urbansuburban.cfm
I never heard of that before but a newspaper article says it's a fifty year old program that limited children can get into. Also it's restricted by races which I wonder whether you could get away with  

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2015/01/17/urban-suburban-program-districts/21920035/

The program, run through BOCES, allows minority students in the Rochester School District to attend classes in a participating suburban district at no cost if they are chosen through a competitive application process.

Of the 17 suburban districts located mostly in Monroe County, seven — Brighton, Brockport, Fairport, Penfield, Pittsford, West Irondequoit and Wheatland-Chili — already have the program in place, educating nearly 600 Rochester students among them.

ETA: I guess we found the same article.
ETA: It is wild that it is still limited to minority students.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh yeah?

Rich, black and FLUNKING

View Quote

My wife is the chair of an education department.  

Peace and prevention of discord means it is unlikely I will share this link with her.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No High School has a 99% graduation rate, school districts lie about graduation rates.  

View Quote

It sucks that your experience with the educational system was so poor, but there most certainly are schools with 99% graduation rates.  I work for one.  

It's in a lily white town full of nice cars and nicer houses though, and the parents are, if anything, overinvolved.  The culture is one of success.  The unsuccessful are not celebrated.

ETA- we don't take bussed students from shitholes though.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Peace and prevention of discord means it is unlikely I will share this link with her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh yeah?

Rich, black and FLUNKING

You are a wise man grasshopper.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Busing is The Issue that gave birth to the modern Republican party, when union working class Whites woke up and realized just how thoroughly evil Democrats can be and still are.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Black children learn through osmosis. You put them next to white kids and their IQ's equalize.
View Quote

reverse osmosis sometimes (always) occurs...
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Busing is The Issue that gave birth to the modern Republican party, when union working class Whites woke up and realized just how thoroughly evil Democrats can be and still are.

View Quote

And Raygun stopped it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#25]
This is the same thinking which leads to "special" kids being placed in regular classrooms, to disrupt and make sure that no one can learn.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Didn't the children of Vietnamese and Cambodian "boat people" in the mid '70s go to inner city high schools with limited funding and still succeed?
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Didn't the children of Vietnamese and Cambodian "boat people" in the mid '70s go to inner city high schools with limited funding and still succeed?
View Quote

We had a bunch of them at our school, too. I was friends with one. They were generally very nice and did very well in school.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There should be two types of schools: corporal and noncorporal. If a kid is rowdy and doesn't apply himself, he gets taken from the peaceful school and sent to the school where there is a teacher plus a guy with a stick in every room. Whenever a kid misbehaves, the guy with the stick just walks up and beats his ass until he shuts the fuck up and reads his damn book.

Sam Johnson figured this out in 1775: "There is now less flogging in our great schools than formerly, but then less is learned there; so that what the boys get at one end they lose at the other"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sam Johnson figured this out in 1775: "There is now less flogging in our great schools than formerly, but then less is learned there; so that what the boys get at one end they lose at the other"  

It's funny you say that, I was in my math class last week with a chick asking really dumb questions thinking to myself that College really should have Drill Instructors.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Reality-defying, lefty do-gooder social engineering like this is imposing huge costs on America. Eventually those costs will be catastrophic.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Spoken like someone who's never experienced it. I lived through it. As a kid in the '70s, we had tons of black kids bussed to our school from the west side. They hated it. They hated being forced to ride the bus across the city to go to a "white kids" school, and they took out their hate on the white kids. Black/white fights were a daily occurrence, nine times out of ten started by the black kid. The white kid was often ganged up on by more than one. And this was just outside or in the classroom. The things that happened in the restrooms were worse, when there were no teachers around to break it up. I was a victim of this myself on a couple of occasions. After school, they went home to their ghetto neighborhood and continued living as they always did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Busing didn't fail

Spoken like someone who's never experienced it. I lived through it. As a kid in the '70s, we had tons of black kids bussed to our school from the west side. They hated it. They hated being forced to ride the bus across the city to go to a "white kids" school, and they took out their hate on the white kids. Black/white fights were a daily occurrence, nine times out of ten started by the black kid. The white kid was often ganged up on by more than one. And this was just outside or in the classroom. The things that happened in the restrooms were worse, when there were no teachers around to break it up. I was a victim of this myself on a couple of occasions. After school, they went home to their ghetto neighborhood and continued living as they always did.

Violence and a deeper racial divide. I grew up with bussing and it sucked. Bringing in kid's who do not want to learn disrupted the class and prevented those who wanted to learn from doing so. Emotionally disabled kids, or just ghetto trash stealing and fighting. I remember when Afro picks were banned because kid's were getting stabbed with them.

Parents who couldn't get the school system to change, moved. And that is what we did. Initially I was placed in Catholic school then after we sold our house we moved to a different city that didn't have bussing. Our once nice neighborhood became an undesirable place to live and I was told by someone I met long after we moved a very rough place to live. Everyone who could move did and many sold their homes to black families. That is what we did. My dad got cussed out by one of our neighbors for doing so. My father didn't care just as long as the house sold. Then we were gone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#31]
If the object was to evenly distribute violence to all the government schools, then it's true, it did not fail.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#33]
East Baton Rough Parish (The Parish that contains Baton Rouge) had busing in the early 80's. For almost 30 years they were under mandate by the federal government to do so and a judge ran the school system. They rebalanced it every year meaning you could have two kids in the same house go to two different schools. I went to a different school than my sistern, I rode the bus for an hour and 15 minutes. She walked.

They couldn't understand why it changed so much every year and couldn't figure out why the 2 parishes adjacent to EBR were 2 of the fastest growing counties in the country.

Property values droped off the face of the planet becuase you couldn't buy a house knowing where your kid would go to school.

Now if you have a decent job you send your kids to private school or move out of the parish and commute in. In that time period the black population in EBR went from 28% to 60% meaning there are no public schools worth a shit anymore.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#34]
The key fact about forced busing that most people seem to have forgotten is that the court case that started the ball rolling toward compulsory school integration, i.e. Brown v. Board of Education, originally concerned a black family in Topeka, KS that wanted their little girl to go to the school IN THEIR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD but wasn't permitted to do so because black kids were being forced to go to an all-black school across town.

People in Topeka still remember.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Busing absolutely destroyed Cleveland.

Just like every other liberal idea it was a total failure. Instead of the black kids rising up, they just brought their ghetto violence and stupidity to the white schools. White people fled in droves and took their money with them. Property values and tax revenue plunged. The city has never recovered.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#36]
I went through forced bussing/desegregation in the early 80's in Cleveland, Ohio.  Great idea....schools on both sides of the city got destroyed.  Care to guess the genetics Of the ones that did the destoying?  Think "Rich and vibrant culture"
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
you mean someone's will go down, then they will equalize...

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is the same thinking which leads to "special" kids being placed in regular classrooms, to disrupt and make sure that no one can learn.
View Quote

That doesn't happen everywhere. My high school had a broad policy of lumping ALL the "special" kids together, even those with just minor disabilities.

That class was nuts. One kid would be eating a crayon. Some would be throwing conniption fits. Another would be jerking off some other kid in the corner. Then in the middle was my friend Jeff that got put in there because he was paraplegic and occasionally needed assistance because of his limited mobility. That nightmare lasted a full year before his parents raised hell with the school.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Oh yeah?

Rich, black and FLUNKING

View Quote
Oh, yeah, and this guy's going to get eaten alive for pointing out the obvious...

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Education is a very high value in the African-American community
View Quote

then why do the black kids who try to do well academically get beaten up for "acting white"?
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm fine with integration, but I think neighborhood skills from K1-6 is more important.  Keep the kids near the home.  Bus 'em when they're bigger.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

All go to college?  College is for people with IQs of 110 or higher (the top 25%), few, if any, graduating classes meet that standard.  Even fewer, if any, have an entering freshman class where every person has an IQ of 110 or higher.  

Shipping members of The Low IQ Left into nicer schools is all about degrading nice schools into Democrat dominated hell holes.  It is about enforcing Progressive racism.  

View Quote

My school had  a 100% graduation rate, everybody I started the year with graduated(several moved to other schools but graduated). but we were on a military base overseas, so EVERY kid who was not making the grade had a parent who would get a call from the Chain of command about it, said kid shaped up FAST.  Atleast  one parent was employed and successful(IE the parent had been in military for several years prior to kid being in HS)
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

<snip>

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Busing didn't fail

<snip>

This, only I lived it in the early 80's. My parents moved from the then nice suburbs to Dayton [Ohio]. I was bused to the black side of town. I went from a behaved A/B student to a violent brawler sick to death of racist fucking black kids. Eventually being expelled from the entire Dayton City Schools district for one to many fights....

The whole forced busing thing is a travesty foisted on innocent kids for a political agenda. Be damned anybody who has ever supported it.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Violence and a deeper racial divide. I grew up with bussing and it sucked. Bringing in kid's who do not want to learn disrupted the class and prevented those who wanted to learn from doing so. Emotionally disabled kids, or just ghetto trash stealing and fighting. I remember when Afro picks were banned because kid's were getting stabbed with them.

Parents who couldn't get the school system to change, moved. And that is what we did. Initially I was placed in Catholic school then after we sold our house we moved to a different city that didn't have bussing. Our once nice neighborhood became an undesirable place to live and I was told by someone I met long after we moved a very rough place to live. Everyone who could move did and many sold their homes to black families. That is what we did. My dad got cussed out by one of our neighbors for doing so. My father didn't care just as long as the house sold. Then we were gone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Busing didn't fail

"Everyone who could move did.....". That sums it up. Thus it will continue to be, until some people change, or they put us all in integrated camps.
I can tell you went to Catholic school- you can spell "bussing".
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Is there any government program that be called a " success ' .    All that I know of are wretched failures.  But defended by liberals as outstanding examples of success.

A blessing for all.

gd
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is there any government program that be called a " success ' .    All that I know of are wretched failures.  But defended by liberals as outstanding examples of success.

A blessing for all.

gd
View Quote

USBR
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#48]
The author thinks the salvation for poor school performance by black children is white people- how racists.

When we refuse to address the subculture that perpetuates failure because to do good means you're acting white, we will never get to the answer, because that answer is obviously racist.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

"Everyone who could move did.....". That sums it up. Thus it will continue to be, until some people change, or they put us all in integrated camps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Busing didn't fail

"Everyone who could move, did . . . "

Sounds like a line from an apocalyptic novel.  

Turns out it was apocalyptic reality.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Only a "progressive" would point to 50% passing rate as a "success".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top