Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/2/2003 8:25:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
ENFIELD No. 4, MK I

that purchase alone will justify your license.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Expect 60-90 days.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Springfield Sporters [i]was[/i] the place.

AIM, SARCO, SOG, CAI, etc. are just junk peddlers for the most part.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had one for about 2 years now. So far, 2 Springfield Garands, 1 Winchester Garand receiver, and 2 Yugo M48s.

Not much of a collection, I know, but I'm trying.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#11]
yeap. most expensive piece of paper i have. damn thing made me get another gun safe.  

i deal with aim mostly, better service.

sucks that all the usgi stuff costs $500 and not $50 like all the european guns.

you need to get at least one of the captured k98.  the rifles look brand new, at least the ones i got.

also give empirearms.com a look. nice people.

i'm looking for an international harvester m1 if anybody got one. got an extra springfield i got part with
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Springfield Sporters [i]was[/i] the place.

AIM, SARCO, SOG, CAI, etc. are just junk peddlers for the most part.
View Quote

Steyr, you got a link for Springfield and SARCO???

I was thinking AIM, and SOG to start with. I have heard bad things about CAI though. Could be just internet talk.

View Quote

Springfield Sporters, which was a C&R Mecca for quality firearms is now out of business.

Don't think SARCO has a website. They got a lot of junk, but way better than AIM or SOG.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#14]
[url]www.sarcoinc.com[/url]
would be Sarco's website.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:06:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I see your plan and I dont think it will work.

Inside LT's head on the drive home :

MMMMM lets see what can I trade for SEX .....Money, No I need to keep my money. Good looks, No that hasnt work here in the desert state. mmmmmm I know OLD GUNS chick did old guns right ?...............End of story

Chick dig guns but its got to be a gat with some bling bling. C&R stuff wont get you any honey younger that 60 years old.

Keep thinking I have faith in ya.

Link Posted: 4/3/2003 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Visit [url]www.cruffler.com[/url]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Be sure to fill out the 'Citizen Verification(?)' form. It's now required for the C&RL.

Week before last I received a beautiful asenal refurbished 1927 Sistema (Colt) at my home for under $350. In fact yesterday I sent a MO for another.

Gawd I love my C&R![banana]

Edited to add: Got 'em  at L.C. Enterprises [url]http://www.dealerease.com/catalog/product.asp?pid=1006592&ret_id=140211[/url]. Great folk!
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey LT,
Great decision on getting the C&R.  I sent my paperwork in at the begining of February.  Hopefully my C&R will get here soon.  I am a Texas resident and a CHL holder as well so maybe you can gauge when yours will come in based on my experience.  I'll let you know when mine gets here.  So far it is two months and counting...
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Stupid questions:

What does C&R stand for, and what does a C&R FFL allow you to recieve?
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just got done printing and filling out the paperwork. How long does it take before you get your license back??
View Quote

Sent off my forms on the 3rd of March. Received my C & R on Monday the 31st.

Sent out 32 copies on Tuesday April 1st.

[b]DO NOT SIGN THE ORIGINAL[/B], just make copies and sign those in BLUE or RED ink.

Also in "The Armory" "Curio & Relic" there is a Vendors list.

One other thing. Places like J&G that sale ammo require proof of age. Show I sent a copy of my Drivers License with the C&R license.

ED
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
... I really wanted to get a WW I and WW II Collection going ...
View Quote

Don’t take to long.  Sadly, those weapons are starting to dry up (or, more accurately, become rather expensive).  

The end is sorta in sight; military rifles after the 1950’s are going to be full auto and by in large will never be available to collectors.

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m actually wondering if I should pick up a Carcano now – even they’re starting to disappear!

Just a suggestion, but if I were you the very first rifle I’d get would be a Swiss K-31 (from AIM) – the cheap ones are almost gone.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the idea LT! You have inspired me to get mine as well.
Link Posted: 4/6/2003 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/6/2003 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#31]
I just received a call from the BATF and the inspector needs to make a personal visit to my house to inspect the site and go over the rules and regs.  Did everyone else go throug this procedure?  I dont know why but I was under the impression that the license was just sent in the mail and that there was not involvement at the personal level with the BATF??
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid questions:

What does C&R stand for, and what does a C&R FFL allow you to recieve?
View Quote

[b]C[/b]urio and [b]R[/b]elic FFL

It is basically a license for firearm collector to buy and recieve firearms directly from the dist. or mfg. Firearms that are at least 50yrs old(not quite sure if that is correct) Basically any firearms that is C&R eligible. Most dist. will let you know what is and what is not.
View Quote

Ah. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Be sure to fill out the 'Citizen Verification(?)' form. It's now required for the C&RL.

Week before last I received a beautiful asenal refurbished 1927 Sistema (Colt) at my home for under $350. In fact yesterday I sent a MO for another.

Edited to add: Got 'em  at L.C. Enterprises [url]http://www.dealerease.com/catalog/product.asp?pid=1006592&ret_id=140211[/url]. Great folk!
View Quote

Haha - I did the EXACT SAME THING.

I ordered one Sistema 1927, and when I got it, it was so nice that immediately ordered a second one.  I don't really need a second one, and could have use the money to buy a new wet-suit, but it was just too good a deal!

[:D]  I don't feel so stupid now!
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Can someone tell me what benefits you get from a C&R and what exactly it is?  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Didn't read the whole thing got it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just received a call from the BATF and the inspector needs to make a personal visit to my house to inspect the site and go over the rules and regs.  Did everyone else go throug this procedure?  I dont know why but I was under the impression that the license was just sent in the mail and that there was not involvement at the personal level with the BATF??
View Quote

I wasn't visited by the BATF. They also haven't viewed my records yet either. I have had my Curio FFL for over two years now. I have bought (4) pistols and (7) rifles.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
... the inspector needs to make a personal visit to my house to inspect the site and go over the rules and regs.  ...
View Quote

Never heard of that for a C&R license.  Maybe they’ve somehow gotten the impression you’re getting a regular FFL.

Or maybe they’ve just changed things and you’re the first lucky guy to receive this one-on-one counseling!  [:D]

While it seems to be a pretty rare occurrence, ATF can require a C&R holder to make his log book available for inspection.

Please let us know if something new is going on!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

oHoH...That don't sound like SOP to me...and I just got my 03 too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Green 18, I got my C&R 1/01/03 and did not receive any personal communication from the ATF. I don't know what you could have that they could inspect. Possibly a blank log book? Maybe your local c.l.e.o contacted the ATF after he got the copy of the application you sent him and bitched about you getting a license.No reason needed, just because he can.
I have a gunsafe with a dedicated shelf in it for my log and C&R pistols, but my long guns are in my reloading room(locked door) with a 1/4" cable locking them together. If anyone knows of any security requirements per the rule book, I'd like to have a chapter and paragraph quoted to me.Before you meet the ATF, be sure you read the requirements for the log book and understand what information goes in the book. Keep us posted on what happens.By the way, I had a FFL to sell out of my home for 6 years and never heard from the ATF, I let that license expire 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Can someone tell me what benefits you get from a C&R and what exactly it is?  Thanks
View Quote

C&R is a form of federal firearms license...

It allows you to purchase certain firearms (those that are either a certain number of years old (30, IIRC), or are 'no longer likely to be used as weapons') directly, without going through a dealer.

You cannot sell guns for profit, or buy 'modern' weapons on your C&R license (i.e. if you want a brand new AR-10, you'll have to get it through a dealer) though...
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha - I did the EXACT SAME THING.

I ordered one Sistema 1927, and when I got it, it was so nice that immediately ordered a second one.  I don't really need a second one, and could have use the money to buy a new wet-suit, but it was just too good a deal!

[:D]  I don't feel so stupid now!
View Quote

My first gun was a 1927... I wanted a 1911A1 but didn't want to pay a Springfield price...

JLD sells them for $300 in excellent (and it was EXCELLENT) condition...
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#43]
It took me 31 days to get my license. I've now had it for 31 days.

I've bought 8 C&R guns in the last month. At this rate I'll need to buy a bigger house by August [}:)]

Link Posted: 4/7/2003 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Sent away for mine about two weeks ago...
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Mine took about 3 or 4 weeks to get and it is incredible!  I've since talked 4 guys into getting one just from them shooting my stuff!  I don't know what styraug is talking about with aim and Sog, but I've received top notch service and product from both of them including M48 and m48 a's, cz-52's (4 of them!) Enfields, mosin nagant's and many others and they've all been exactly as described and usually better.  They have been great and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them!
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#47]
We seem to have a few slackers on this site!

Man, I haven't even shot most of my C&R acquired stuff yet.  Who has that much time?

Seriuosly, I've been averaging about 4-5 guns a month for a while.  A quick check down the bore, check under the wood and then store it.

The girlfreind will be here next month, so I can't have the fedex guy show up with a big 5-fer box or a little box and a smirk.  All those great deals will pass me by.  Gone forever.

Hm.  Her dad was in the luftwaffe and had strong opinions about Russians, and she was not enthused about my Mosin-Nagant collection.  Guilt by association, I guess.

EDIT:  Yeah, a couple guys were astonished at how easy it was to get a C&R, and how easy it was to buy.  One of them finally got his own C&R, and the other pesters me to buy an extra for him.  C&R's are the biggest secret in all of gundom.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 1:16:29 AM EDT
[#48]
I want a C&R, but have to wait for this mythical thing called "money" for some reason.

speaking of C&R, though, how easy is it to take with you when you move to another state (or out of the USA for a little while?)

in other words, how well does it work for active duty military guys?
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
speaking of C&R, though, how easy is it to take with you when you move to another state (or out of the USA for a little while?)

View Quote

Good question. I don't know. I am hoping instructions comes with your license. Maybe someone here can answer that.
View Quote

When you change address, you just have to let the BATF know and they will send you a new license with the new adress.  I guess if you move to a new police juristiction, you also have to send a copy of the new license to the cleo in the area.

I'm guessing you cannot have C&R stuff shipped to you out of country - but that is just a guess.  Try calling the Atlanta BATF office, they are really nice and helpful - they'll tell you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top