Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2001 10:26:27 AM EDT
I just picked up the 2001 Buyers guide titled, [b]'.45 ACP & .223 Autoloaders'[/b]. It is published by SHOOTING TIMES MAGAZINE and was $4.99.

This thing is [b]packed[/b] with AR photos and test reports. Cover reads-

New Guns!
New Specs!
New Prices!
*Gun Reviews
*Accuracy Reports
*Gunsmithing How To's
[b]250 Guns[/b]

It's a must-have for every AR owner. Check your newstands. I picked mine up at Gander Mountain but Barnes & Noble also had it.  

I've only had time to thumb through it very quickly. Sorry for the short review. I'm off to the reange for only the 5th time this year. It's neither raining or snowing today!!!  
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the tip....I'll look for it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted this about noon today and thought I'd bring it back up for the 'night people' before it drifted into the archives.

I just finished the [b]10,000[/b] round AR endurance test article.

[b]0[/b] broken parts
[b]0[/b] malfuntions of weapon
[b]9,000[/b] rounds before accuracy bagan to suffer. The last 1,000 rounds were key-holing.

This was done with a factory Colt Match H-BAR and PMC 55-grain FMJ ammo. Auther said the barrel prbably wouldn't have suffered in accuracy at the end if they hadn't kept firing it while it was smoking. No cleaning was done between the first 1.000 shots either. How's that for barrel break-in?  
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks  It's my day off tomorrow. Now I will have a reason to go shopping. [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Put it in the bag - I'm taking it home!!

Thanks for the heads-up!

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone else brought that article up while defending the AR as being a jam-o-matic.
Of course everyone ignored it and kept slamming the AR. If they would have said it jammed more thab Ted Nugent then they would have quoted it as gospel. This was at AK47.net before it went down.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The 10,000 round endurance test of the Colt Match HBAR was originally in the May 1997 issue of Shooting Times. I think I still have it laying around somewhere. Sounds like this "new" magazine is a compilation of old articles.

I've previously brought this article up here at AR15.com in defense of both Colt and the AR15 in general.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top