Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2001 9:39:06 AM EDT
How retarded is it that you can't have this configuration?

It is my understanding that you can only have two of the six items on a post ban "assult rifle".

1. removeable magazine
2. bayonet lug
3. pistol grip
4. folding stock
5. flash hider
6. can't remember the sixth

I would like to build a post-ban rifle with M4 upper and a collapsible stock but in order to do this I will have to spend double the money to get a pre-ban....no thanks.

How retarded is that?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
It would be well within your rights enumerated in the 2nd Amendment to own whatever you want, wherever you want.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
It would be well within your rights enumerated in the 2nd Amendment to own whatever you want, wherever you want.
View Quote

What the hell are you talking about. Don't tell him that. It would however be well within your rights to kick Imbrog|io's ass. It is illegal, there is no way around it, don't do it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I know, my buddy is a huge AR nut and he said the same thing.

Although your theory is good, I don't think the BATF would hear it. knowwhatimean?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#4]
While Imbrog|io is absolutely correct in his statement, I would not condone doing it.  It all depends on whether or not you want to butt heads with ATF, and spend tens of thousands of dollars to prove your point.

I took the cheap way out. I just spent twice the amount of a post ban on a preban.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]
A postban autoloading rifle with a detachable mag could have only one more of the five features mentioned below:

1. bayonet lug
2. pistol grip
3. folding stock
4. flash hider
5. grenade launcher capability

Anything else will get you a 10-yr free stay and accomodation at Club Fed with a roomate named Bubba.

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#6]
i'll probably get flamed for this but who cares. i would put whatever stock you want on the weapon.  at the present i have not heard of anyone who gives a crap about weapon configurations as long as you are not involved in criminal activity. if the FEDS start busting people for silly stuff like that you can always take it back off.  hopefully they never decide to make an example out of some poor bastard over these silly ass laws.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Yes! the law in this case is idiotic but it is the law.

Whether you obey it or not is entirely up to you but always consider the risks.

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#8]
How old are you?

Did you vote Dummycrap?
Blame yourself.

If you were not old enought to vote then are your parents dummycraps?
If so, blame them.

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A postban autoloading rifle with a detachable mag could have only one more of the five features mentioned below:

1. bayonet lug
2. pistol grip
3. folding stock
4. flash hider

Anything else will get you a 10-yr free stay and accomodation at Club Fed with a roomate named Bubba.

View Quote

SO a post ban M4 with a flare laucher on it is illegal?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. bayonet lug
2. pistol grip
3. folding stock
4. flash hider

View Quote

SO a post ban M4 with a flare laucher on it is illegal?
View Quote

Why would anyone crap up a perfectly good rifle with some silly ass flare launcher?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#11]
How is that I see post ban compensators?  Is this just a difference in nomenclature, a compensator is not the same as a flash hider?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Just weld the mag in!!!!!!

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Correct, A compensator does not hide flash, it helps control recoil.

A flash hider supresses muzzle flash in low light and may also help control recoil.

Supposedly, the ATF tests compensators to verify they retain a suitable flash signature.

And we pay for that.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What the hell are you talking about. Don't tell him that. It would however be well within your rights to kick Imbrog|io's ass. It is illegal, there is no way around it, don't do it.
View Quote

Why do you wish violence and harm upon me?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I though a barrel shroud was also considered a evil feature....  

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#16]
ACTUALLY, here's a perfectly good piece of advice for you, but requires some literal "hacking" to the rifle itself.

**Definition of a Pistol Grip:  A grip that [b]protrudes conspicuously below the action of the gun[/b].  What that means is, if you put your firing hand up flush with the trigger gaurd, and the bottom part of the pistol grip protrudes below your hand (which it does), then that is considered a "pistol grip".

Many people have done the following:  Take a saw of some sorts, and cut off the bottom 2" or so of the pistol grip.  While you have just manhandled part of the rifle there, replacement pistol grips (if ever you want to replace it in the future) are fairly inexpensive, you can still get a good grip on the rifle if you really squeeze your hand up into it, and you are then free to put whatever type of folding or collapsable stock you wish on it, assuming the overall length is still legal.  All adds up to how much you want that stock on there...

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#17]
No kidding, would that actually cover your ass on the regs? I would much rather have a flash hider on mine than that loud damn brake.

Aviator
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmmmmmm.......I don't know how legal that would be.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope don't do it. [sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top