Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2001 7:48:01 AM EDT
Nobody mentions EA lowers. How many are out there?  Anyone have any troubles with them?  I had to put anti-walk pins in mine but it is great otherwise.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I have two.  One I got because it was a preban lower and the other is a NFA registered lower.

The only problem with mine are that they are very tight in the magazine well.  If I remember, mine were .899" and .906.  Where my colts are .933 etc.

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#2]
i hear lots bad about them on here
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]
My EA J-15 lower is perfect.

Tight fit to uppers, mag well perfect with most all mags. No anti-walk pins needed.

No complaints whatever.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#6]
ive had one for over 15 years.  They as as good as most uall buy today  No proboblems at all
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Years ago I built a handful of ARs using E.A. lowers.  I contacted a Class III dealer and asked if he would order one so I could try it.  He did and called me when it came in.  By the time I picked it up he had ordered 50 more because he was so impressed with the quality.

I never had any trouble with them - in fact they were the best lowers I used.  Never had to use anti-walk pins personally.

Dealer cost on these at the time was $50.00 and I paid $70 each for them.  These were of course pre ban days and I remember seeing stripped pre ban lowers going for $400 - $600 a few years ago in all the craziness.

I would not hesitate to buy one today if it was in good shape.

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one and it caused me no problems. Some mags fit a little tight, but thats about it.

1) The upper fits perfect with no wobble.
2) The finish and machining is nice.

If I could get another at a good price, I would not hesitate. All Essential Arms are preban, I believe.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#9]
PJ, there are bad units in just about every manufacturer's production runs.  I can tell you about a bad colt I had years ago....

Anyway, I have an EA J-15 Registered Receiver conversion and it works great.  I have a Colt 9mm conversion w/ the Colt 1-piece mag block that fit in it fine.  Some people say that the colt 1 piece mag block won't fit in many non-colt lowers because the mag-well dimensions are too tight.  This is not the case with mine.

-bob
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine is a late 80's Bushmaster. (When they were still just Quality Parts).  No problems at all.  I'd buy another any time.  I heard that the castings were done by Ruger.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes ak_ar_man, all E.A. receivers are preban.  They stopped production before the law that peter-puffing Clinton and his band of jerkoffs passed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top