Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2001 9:37:42 PM EDT
I decided finally that even if one person's opinion didn't count (in this age of very big business), I should tell the wall that I didn't approve of their decisions... as follows:

Dear Sirs,

Hopefully this message has not found it's way to the auto-delete section of the inbox.

I would like to, respectively, voice my opinion on S&W's recent dealings with administration.

I have been a satisfied consumer of your products, for many years.  It is unfortunate now, that I can no longer (in good conscious) continue to use your fine products. Notice, I do refer to your products as fine. It bothers me greatly to dis-own a company that I had previously respected with such exemplary craftsmanship, performance, customer service, and reputation. It was not easy to look the other way when this great company surrendered to the british ... but this is far more severe. This agreement has hurt the industry. S&W, which I had always assumed would be a leader in the protection of your consumers rights, has failed it's customers.

I do understand the need to make some decisions regarding profitability and the cost/ramifications of lawsuits and legal issues. What you may, or may not realize, is the attitude of the people...they do not feel safe with you anymore. I understand the fact that we (executive mgmt.) are generally optimistic in regards to our failures. We always think that the bad idea will just go away. I know this, I've done it. The truth is though, they don't forget. Heck, I still hear jokes about "New Coke". The S&W name can still be salvaged, but Exec.Mgmt. needs to change their goals. They are trying to keep a job, but, at the current rate... everyday I hear the retailers telling folks of the current situation. Offering the facts, and advising them of a Khar or HK product instead of the S&W. This cornerstone of American history, will, soon become history unless attitudes change.

I recently purchased a Walther P-99m (just can't buy something S&W, now), .. but... I sincerely hope you do not see a significant revenue from that purchase. It is a shame, in my opinion, that I need to go through S&W to once again purchase a fine firearm (didn't know then, that you were their distributor). I will buy my next lot in DE instead of dealing with SW for now.

Let's try and change some things...

Respectively,

Brian M. SXXXX
"Molon Labe"

(425) 653-XXXX Office
(425) 766-XXXX Mobile
(425) 985-XXXX Europe(forwarding GSM)

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Was I too opinionated? I know they are busy, but... I believe being a long time customer I deserve the time of day. It has been 7 business days... Was I too nasty? Just an acknowledgement would be fine at this point...

Tchuss,
B
"molon labe"
[V]

Link Posted: 2/2/2001 2:05:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent them an email some time ago.  It was worded a little ahhh, "colder". Didn't get a reply.
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I waited till they fixed my Stigma good enough for me to sell it. Then I wrote them a letter and mentioned I knew about they`re promo for gun sales people to sell their products, (Turners). I knew about the traitorus (sp) act against it`s very customers whom supported them all these years. That I own 5 of their pistols and will not be buying anymore from them, afew other things. No reply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top