Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/26/2015 12:30:55 PM EDT

Jeb is floundering.  Bad.  The eGop needs a candidate that can pull the wool over the eyes of the conservative base, at least until the nomination is sewn up.  

I predict Jeb will drop out and the establishment will push Rubio.  Rubio will even appear to swing more conservative UNTIL he gets the nomination locked up.  He will then go full Jeb for the general election, and carry the eGop's water if elected.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
FFS.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
So fucking tiresome.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It's gonna be a long year until the election.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Possible.  I think it's more likely that money will run out for Rubio first.  Jeb has a lot more financial support.  I think he'll hang on right into the primaries and only fall out if he does poorly in the first few.  If Trump bows out, watch for a big push for Jeb as the (R) candidate by the media, followed by a slaughter by the same people.  

It's a money game and Rubio has none.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I would take Rubio
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Always is.  I'm really looking forward to the non-stop attack ads on TV.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#8]
No one but Paul for me :-) I'm confident with a Minnesota caucus win for Paul, due to the enormous amount of activism I've seen that's securing and organizing new delegates for Paul before any of the other campaigns have even set up shop.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would take Rubio
View Quote

Sure can tell you aren't from a border state with Mexico.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would take Rubio
View Quote

Is it safe to assume that your are opposed to national borders and a nation's sovereignty within those borders? Is it also safe to assume that you support a multi-tiered legal system in which non-citizens are treated far better than citizens and those who want to naturalize legally?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would take Rubio
View Quote

You can have him.

Jeb = Rubio = same old RINO crap

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You can have him.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would take Rubio

You can have him.

The vast majority of self-proclaimed "conservatives" will still fall for it though
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Too early to give a fuck at this point
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The vast majority of self-proclaimed "conservatives" will still fall for it though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would take Rubio

You can have him.

Did you know Justin Bieber hates Americans owning guns?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Gang of 8
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#16]
IMO Rubio doesn't have much of a chance, the hot button issue is illegal immigration and his fail on that is epic.  

The GOPe will need something to take the spotlight off immigration and onto something else.  They're also going to have to minimize Trump, something they've utterly failed at so far.  

And while Rubio looks better, speaks better and has more passion than Cruz, he has no more name recognition.

But all this makes him the perfect candidate for the GOPe, they love losers.  

And fuck yea, I'd vote for him over Sanders, Clinton, Biden or whatever other communist the Dems shove forward.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Rubio is just cover for Jeb. Jeb Bush isnt going anywhere, he will be in it to the end. Follow the money.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not really.  We're weeding out the candidates without the backing to go further.  If one of them is your guy, now is the time to get behind him, because without backing he won't be around when you start giving a fuck.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Rubio is just cover for Jeb. Jeb Bush isnt going anywhere, he will be in it to the end. Follow the money.
View Quote

Jeb's backers must be getting nervous.  Without a real show of strength I can see the money drying up.  

The question is, if his outside sources dry up, can he continue on family money?  I don't know the answer to that.  But I do knlow that if I was backing him I'd be really nervous at this point that I was wasting my money and I'd be looking for a new home for it.  

Jeb hasn't shown me anything that makes me think he can compete with Trump, Carson or Fiorina.  He's weak, he looks weak and the polls show that.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And fuck yea, I'd vote for him over Sanders, Clinton, Biden or whatever other communist the Dems shove forward.
View Quote

Well if you didn't the wrong lizard would get in.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Jeb is floundering.  Bad.  The eGop needs a candidate that can pull the wool over the eyes of the conservative base, at least until the nomination is sewn up.  

I predict Jeb will drop out and the establishment will push Rubio.  Rubio will even appear to swing more conservative UNTIL he gets the nomination locked up.  He will then go full Jeb for the general election, and carry the eGop's water if elected.  
View Quote

I am not really interested in Rubio. There is something there, about  him that tweaks my radar.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#22]
OPNI
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You can have him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would take Rubio

You can have him.

This. I don't want anybody that's been there longer than 5 years.

By there I mean, national level politics, able to make a difference and hasnt. I'm finished with the establishment idiots.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I like Rubio
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I like Rubio
View Quote

Why?
He is not conservative
Might as well vote for bohner or Chris Christie or bush they are all the same
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't underestimate the cucks. Yeb is their man, to the end.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#28]
The establishment is clearly in crisis mode what with Boehner resigning under pressure and iJabe's campaign falling apart.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Rubio is an amnesty Rino.  Mark my words.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd vote Rubio without having to think about it much.

Like most Americans, I'm not a social conservative. He seems less hard-line on social issues than most of the rest of the R field. Plus he is young, fresh, relatively good-looking, and hispanic. Most of all, he doesn't frighten independents. He is, in short, electable.

Add to that this fact: I am 1000 percent certain that any amnesty he might dream up would make some sense and be many orders of magnitude less odious than what the Dems would inflict on us.

YMMV and all that, but I don't care a whit what some angry old men shouting at clouds think of what I think.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Rubio would keep the Cuban embargo going for another 50 years so to
protect wet foot dry foot bs for the miami cubans.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You can have him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would take Rubio

You can have him.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't understand people who are / have donated any money - particularly big money - to the Jeb! campaign thus far.  I'd like to ask these people what it is that they see in Jeb! that literally anybody with a 'conservative' bone in their body isn't so far seeing.  I'd like to ask them what specific issue it is that makes them think that Jeb! is their guy.  

The guy has so many strikes against him (last name, family dynasty, 'big city thinking' progressive-liberal, pro-amnesty) that I just cannot envision what the typical Jeb! supporter is even thinking, and it blows my mind that these people have the fucking nerve to call themselves 'conservatives.'
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I have always believed that the establishment GOP had Rubio as a backup.

he has changed his position on many things over the years, after he got their money.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#35]
What's eGOP?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

What's eGOP?
View Quote
That and GOPe are the short-hand hipsters use to express their derision for the "GOP establishment."

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What's eGOP?
View Quote

(establishment)GOP

I needs help too
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not really.  We're weeding out the candidates without the backing to go further.  If one of them is your guy, now is the time to get behind him, because without backing he won't be around when you start giving a fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There won't be a vote that counts for SUPPORT for four months.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#39]
I would love to get Cruz into the presidency, but I don't think the GOPe is going to let that happen..which leaves me with Trump..the rest of them don't have a chance of getting elected without conceding their control to the GOPe...and the GOPe and the Dems will work together to destroy both Trump and Cruz, so both would have to have the bank to go it alone...
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Add to that this fact: I am 1000 percent certain that any amnesty he might dream up would make some sense and be many orders of magnitude less odious than what the Dems would inflict on us.
View Quote

If you are here illegally....get out.     That is the only acceptable policy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

LoL
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I really dig Ted Cruz.

Short of him were just slowing down the collapse. 2+ SC nominations and all that.

Eh, I'm an old dude, I won't have to pay for all the FSA shit that the dims are going to promise

to the entitlement class (That'll be for you young folks)
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No one but Paul for me :-) I'm confident with a Minnesota caucus win for Paul, due to the enormous amount of activism I've seen that's securing and organizing new delegates for Paul before any of the other campaigns have even set up shop.
View Quote

I knew that kid grew up and was a member here.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I would take Rubio
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is so true.

Only problem is if the election were next Tuesday I'm thinking I would just stay home. For the first time since 1980, when I first voted in a natl election, not one GOP candidate excites me. In fact most disgust me. Some more, some less. But there's not one to get excited about.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I would take Rubio
View Quote

I would too but  ain't  no way he is going to beat Cruz.   Now he might be VP for Cruz.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
This is so true.

Only problem is if the election were next Tuesday I'm thinking I would just stay home. For the first time since 1980, when I first voted in a natl election, not one GOP candidate excites me. In fact most disgust me. Some more, some less. But there's not one to get excited about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is so true.

Ted Cruz?

Bobby Jindal?

Fuck me, I would almost even concede that Don Trump is a better 'conservative' than ANY other Republican nominee since Reagen.  

You claim that you were excited about McStain and Romney....but you can't get excited about Cruz or Jindal?  ......That's a serious what the fuck.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea Dewhurst  was in it too till the end and Ted  showed him the door
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Jeb could post a video of him killing kittens with a nail gun & still get the nod.

I may be wrong, but money talks & bullshit walks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I would take Rubio
View Quote

Not me, anyone that supports amnesty will not get my vote in either the primary or general election.   I'm generally not a single issue voter but in this case illegals are destroying our country so I will make an exception.  Then Rove can scratch his head wondering why we lost again..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top