Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2015 4:37:17 PM EDT
I was a few miles from home when a cop came up from behind running hot.  I followed him until about a 1/2 mile from my house.  There were 2 other police cars parked by the railroad tracks and it looked like the officers had walked down the tracks quite a way.

I get home and log into Facebook and another buddy starts posting up they just locked down the 3 schools about a 1/4 mile from me.  He's listening on a scanner.  There is an armed suspect they are searching backyards for.  My son is in the 3rd grade at one of the schools.  They are just about to get out.  Not anymore.  

This town is only 3.2 sq mi.  There are several small towns that all assist with each other's calls.   They have about 4 towns worth of officers here in minutes.  This is going to be a good phone call to the wife.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
OH shit!   IN.

Hope everything is OK and no one gets hurt.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope everyone will be ok.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope everyone stays safe.

In on 1
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayers for you and yours.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope you're armed
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]
And that was quick.  Suspect in custody.  They got him 6 houses to the west of my property.    

This will be the story in small town America for a few days.

Edit: It looks like the entire thing lasted about 45 minutes.  I followed the cop home about 2:50.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#7]
weird...  the elementary school here just got shut down because there was an armed robbery this morning.  One injured (from gunfire)...  2 suspects on the loose.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  And that was quick.  Suspect in custody.  They got him 6 houses to the west of my property.    

Edit: It looks like the entire thing lasted about 45 minutes.  I followed the cop home about 2:50.
View Quote

Don't y'all have open carry in OK?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, that de-escalated quickly.

Thank God.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  And that was quick.  Suspect in custody.  They got him 6 houses to the west of my property.    

Yes.  This had to have started as some other kind of call.  It's redneck enough around here no one gets upset at the sight of a gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top