Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/4/2015 9:40:08 AM EDT
I wash mine after a wear or two.

What's this style people never washing their blue jeans?

Who wants to be stinky? I don't get it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
i go 4-5 wears between washes.  im not rolling around in dirt though

i wont make sense to never wash them. dirt destroys the fibers and they wont last as long as washed jeans
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't washed my pair since 2013.  Still going strong.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know, I don't want to look like a filthy bum with grease, dirt, and grime on my clothes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I go a few uses between washes unless they get filthy.  Anything more is a waste.  

A friend takes his to the cleaners and does the dry clean thing, says it works better but I'd say that's a pretty expensive option.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I go a few uses between washes unless they get filthy.  Anything more is a waste.  

A friend takes his to the cleaners and does the dry clean thing, says it works better but I'd say that's a pretty expensive option.
View Quote

I bet he drinks PBR too.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't get the "never wash them" thing.  Over time they get sweaty, dirty, and then there is the dead skin cell thing.

I wear them a few times in-between washing.  Even if it does wear them out faster, I would rather "smell fresh".
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Jeans I'll wear 2-3 times before I wash,  unless they get really dirty,  which is rare.  That's what my cargo pants are for.  I have jeans that are 10 years old.  
Work Khakis,  are usually 2 wears then wash.

ETA: I'd also bet these stupid hipsters are wearing 2-300 fashion jeans and don't do a lick of work that would make them sweat. I don't think I've ever spent more than $60. Carhartt for durability,  Eddie Bauer for comfort.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Its too damn hot and humid down here, cant do much without becoming ringing wet with sweat. During the winter I can go 2-3 wearings without a wash. Not so much during the summer...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#9]
will wear 2-3 times between washes unless i spill something on them.

i have pendleton wool shirts that i wore a lot last winter that i have yet to wash btw...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I wash mine everytime I wear them. I wear jeans to work everyday and a pair of $20 wranglers will last me about 4 or 5 years. So I don't know what you hippies are doing running around in stinky jeans for.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Wash in cold water inside out after wearing at least 3 times.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't get the "never wash them" thing.  Over time they get sweaty, dirty, and then there is the dead skin cell thing.

I wear them a few times in-between washing.  Even if it does wear them out faster, I would rather "smell fresh".
View Quote

I hate to break it you, but you're covered in dead skin cells from head to toe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct good sir.  That is why I bathe daily and regularly wash my clothes.  No need to let them "pile up".
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I wear my jeans two days in a row then they get tossed in the hamper. If I get them extremely filthy or I need clean jeans for the next day then I only wear them once.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I fart a lot, and i wash my clothes because I'm not a filthy communist. I don't spend more than $20 in jeans either, not worth it at all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#16]
People that don't wash their jeans obviously never get dirty or break a sweat.

Nothing like sweaty, stinky crotch odors to impress others.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#17]
My "nice" jeans get washed a few times a year. Only time I ever wear those is if I'm going out to dinner with the wife or something. Family gatherings things like that. Never really get dirty.

My pants for working in the shop and doing chores are washed when needed. Not to often as they're filthy again 20 minutes into wearing them.

Work pants are worn once then washed
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that whoever thinks you should never wash your Jean has probably never actually had to perform anything we would refer to as "work".
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Just a quick wipe down with warm water, then dry on the stove with a light coat of oil if necessary to re-season.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#20]
No wonder gun shows smell so bad.

Washing jeans doesn't seem to hurt mine.  Buy better ones.

Putting them in the dryer for 40 minutes will hurt them, or at all.  Just hang-dry them and they last as long as they need.  Mine all wear in places where ... you know, they wear out while I am WEARING them.  If the washer wore them out the loops would come off, not the knees and pockets where I put stuff...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#21]
I wash mine if they smell or get crap on them.

Most can make it months before a wash!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My "nice" jeans get washed a few times a year. Only time I ever wear those is if I'm going out to dinner with the wife or something. Family gatherings things like that. Never really get dirty.

My pants for working in the shop and doing chores are washed when needed. Not to often as they're filthy again 20 minutes into wearing them.

Work pants are worn once then washed
View Quote

I do the 'different classes of jeans' thing too. And adjust wear/wash tempo based on season.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#23]
1. Lay jeans flat in bathtub.
2. Fill tub with 2 inches of cold water.
3. Add 1 cup white vinegar.
4. Wait 1 hour.
5. Hang them up to dry.

You should only have to do this one every second or third week, so long as you don't get any actual stains on them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You are correct good sir.  That is why I bathe daily and regularly wash my clothes.  No need to let them "pile up".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bathe all you want, but you're not removing the dead skin cells covering your body.  If you did, you'd have a really bad day.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I wash it whenever the wife unit does the laundry
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I wear mine for about a week, I don't get dirty at work though. If I'm working on something or mowing etc at home I usually change into something else.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#27]
It's a twisted world where everyone is discussing how tenderly to treat jeans... originally popularized by miners because of their toughness and durability.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#28]
After a few wears. 4?

I also hate how jeans feel when I wear them after washing.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#29]
what is this "washing jeans" concept you speak of?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I wash mine everytime I wear them. I wear jeans to work everyday and a pair of $20 wranglers will last me about 4 or 5 years. So I don't know what you hippies are doing running around in stinky jeans for.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#31]
5 days tops, Some people try not to smell. If I sweat in them they go in the wash.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Not doing your laundry is a thing now?

You kids are all weirdos.

Get off my lawn.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Haven't washed my pair since 2013.  Still going strong.
View Quote

Hippie?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I pay the peasant villagers to stone wash mine down in the river.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's a twisted world where everyone is discussing how tenderly to treat jeans... originally popularized by miners because of their toughness and durability.  
View Quote

No doubt.

It's fucking bizarre.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#36]
That's just nasty.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#37]
It's like the country has been taken over by hobos and bums ........

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't wear pants.  No kilts.  No skirts.  

It saves on laundry.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah, generally speaking I wash all my shit after 1 day of use.

If I only had it on for half the night, it may get worn again before a was. But that's it

No wonder a lot of you have relationship issues
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
4. Wait 1 hour.
5. Hang them up to dry.

You should only have to do this one every second or third week, so long as you don't get any actual stains on them.
View Quote

Is this how they make a pair of Calvin Klein's last a lifetime on mother Russia?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That's just nasty.
View Quote

This!

Washed after using one time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
4. Wait 1 hour.
5. Hang them up to dry.

View Quote

This is how you treat skinny jeans, right?

I mean, real jeans aren't like women's lingerie.  They're tough.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
4. Wait 1 hour.
5. Hang them up to dry.

View Quote

Or throw them in the washing machine with Tide.

What exactly is not washing my Carhartt jeans supposed to accomplish?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just a quick wipe down with warm water, then dry on the stove with a light coat of oil if necessary to re-season.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#45]
According the The CEO of Levis Strauss, Chip Bergh, putting your jeans in the freezer is the hip new green thing to do.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/22/opinion/robbins-you-should-wash-your-jeans/

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#46]
This concept is brought to you be the Ministry of Misinformation and Impending Societal Demise.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#47]
When I wear jeans, which is only a couple months out of the year since its so hot here, I go at minimum of at least 3 to 4 days before I wash them, but I have a desk job in a climate controlled office so nothing to get me dirty.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Levi Strauss CEO Chip Bergh:

If you feel the need to throw your jeans into the washing machine after every wear, you may be doing it all wrong.

According to the man behind the jeans Americans have been wearing for the past 141 years - Levi's 501s - you do not need to wash your jeans as often as you think you do, if ever.

"These jeans are maybe a year old and these have yet to see a washing machine," the CEO of Levi Strauss & Co., Chip Bergh, said Tuesday, referring to the jeans he was wearing during an interview at Fortune magazine's Brainstorm Green conference in California.

"I know that sounds totally disgusting," Bergh said. "I know it does."

Despite the potential "ick" factor, Bergh went on to explain that keeping your jeans out of the laundry will help keep their shape and color.

"If you talk to real denim aficionados, they tell you don't wash your blue jeans," Bergh said.

Bergh is not the only member of the fashion industry to espouse a no-wash jeans policy.

Fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger once told celebrity website TMZ.com that he also keeps his Levi's out of the washing machine.

"I never wash my Levi's," Hilfiger told TMZ cameras last October.

So how do you keep your jeans fresh without the help of laundry detergent? Experts recommend eliminating odor by spritzing jeans with white vinegar or vodka and hanging them out to air dry.

Another option is to freeze your jeans once per month to kill off the smell caused by bacteria. The freezing option entails turning your jeans inside out and then freezing them either overnight or for two days at a time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't shower either.  Cleaning is for suckers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Its too damn hot and humid down here, cant do much without becoming ringing wet with sweat. During the winter I can go 2-3 wearings without a wash. Not so much during the summer...
View Quote
I hate wearing jeans in the summer

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top