Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2015 4:44:42 AM EDT
especially this time of year..it's hot, it's humid, and the insects are relentless.

right now it's a reasonable temp out at 62 dg F, but the humidity level is 92% which makes being outside unpleasant.

other things to not like...

it's crowded.  There are so many people here it never ceases to amaze me whenever I go out and it has gotten worse over the years.

Camping/hiking.  there is not anywhere within a two hour drive me where I can go hiking/camping and not be reminded of how close civilization is via the sounds of automobiles that carry for miles even in the quietest of places.

Shooting...Not even sure why I even bother buying more guns or even owning them.  At one point I could shoot in my backyard all day long, but as the farmers around me died off and houses were built on that land, NY/NJ transplants moved in and started complaining about everything from shooting firearms to the sounds of ATV's and chainsaws.  Ranges are lame ass here also..the majority are 100 yards max, do not allow steel, do not allow rapid fire.  I've been out to shoot my AR once this year, and shooting 50 rounds at a paper target was enough for me for this summer.  I do still get away with some shooting in my backyard still, but not much, lest I rile up the pansy ass NY/NJ transplants.

i know...week rant..and move.  but the jobs are here unfortunately.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Awwwwww, muffin.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Move to the Skook! Lots of reclaim and coal lands to ply your desire to blast away. Hell we have local Police Chiefs doin' it lol  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I hate the west coast, so we're even.

I joined the FOP as an associate member to take care of the "going shooting" issues I had which are similar to yours.

And, yeah, it's hot and miserable.....at least for a few more weeks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:20:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Surf sucks.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
It's all about location on the east coast.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:49:50 AM EDT
[#7]
inter Mountain west.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right now dewpoint 36F
Id about call this perfect.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:57:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The NYC/nj/philly/dc megalopolis isn't the entire east coast.
View Quote

can't do anything about the humidity, but there are plenty of places to shoot, hunt, camp and hike to get away from the NY/NJ transplants if you go a little further out to the boonies.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:00:26 AM EDT
[#9]
OP, you seem to be confusing the NORTH EAST with the east coast.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:03:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm almost as North and East as you can get in the US, and I don't have these problems.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've been out to shoot my AR once this year, and shooting 50 rounds at a paper target was enough for me for this summer.  I do still get away with some shooting in my backyard still, but not much, lest I rile up the pansy ass NY/NJ transplants.

View Quote

At least you can still have an AR.

As for the humidity, I remember when I was out in Missouri, the St. Louis people would constantly complain about their humidity and blame it on all the water from the rivers. My response:

"Hey man, I live on a freakin' island!!!"

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:30:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to North Carolina (?)

It is crowded and hot down here now.  Gets better in the Winter when all of those transplants start complaining about our driving if/when we get some precip.

I am with you on the encroachment of civilization thing, but you can get away from most of those if you really get back in the boonies, as someone mentioned earlier.  Something about the sound of loud pipes on a motorcycle adds to the mystique and serenity of the Blue Ridge.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#13]
It's in the upper 70's here with 100% humidity as I write this.  I come in from walking the dogs around our gated golf course community and need a shower.

Fuck this.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:36:40 AM EDT
[#14]
lol, you guys crack me up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:38:13 AM EDT
[#15]
It was pretty good in NE Nebraska last week.  I was there for a few days visiting my in laws.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's in the upper 70's here with 100% humidity as I write this.  I come in from walking the dogs around our gated golf course community and need a shower.

Fuck this.
View Quote

They have gated golf course communities in Somalia?

Same weather here. Had to work in the yard yesterday and damn near fell out it was so humid.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
especially this time of year..it's hot, it's humid, and the insects are relentless.

right now it's a reasonable temp out at 62 dg F, but the humidity level is 92% which makes being outside unpleasant.

it's crowded.  There are so many people here it never ceases to amaze me whenever I go out and it has gotten worse over the years.

Camping/hiking.  there is not anywhere within a two hour drive me where I can go hiking/camping and not be reminded of how close civilization is via the sounds of automobiles that carry for miles even in the quietest of places.

Shooting...Not even sure why I even bother buying more guns or even owning them.  At one point I could shoot in my backyard all day long, but as the farmers around me died off and houses were built on that land, NY/NJ transplants moved in and started complaining about everything from shooting firearms to the sounds of ATV's and chainsaws.  Ranges are lame ass here also..the majority are 100 yards max, do not allow steel, do not allow rapid fire.  I've been out to shoot my AR once this year, and shooting 50 rounds at a paper target was enough for me for this summer.  I do still get away with some shooting in my backyard still, but not much, lest I rile up the pansy ass NY/NJ transplants.

View Quote

Fuck 'em thats even more reason to do more of it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:46:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Same weather here. Had to work in the yard yesterday and damn near fell out it was so humid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck this.

Republic of West Florida.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Have you considered moving to the paradise of the West Coast?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Im in Pa too and the only problem on your list i have is the humidity.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

62 dg F?? How cute! Add 25-30 degrees, with high humidity, then we can talk
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm almost as North and East as you can get in the US, and I don't have these problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  It's 70 degrees and beautiful here in the North Country.  And quiet.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Mid NH is nice.

Fuck Massachusetts.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I sense OP that you are maybe in PA. There is a whole other part of the east coast once you cross the Rappahanock River.

Of course we are tired of Yankee transplants as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok..ill check back in after lunch, it will be that warm than
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#26]
It's a steamy 59 degrees right now where I am. The high is supposed to be 72 today.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#27]
ITT, basically the entire planet sucks
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#28]
humidity is a little gross right now but still beats winter

pretty rural where i live, i like it that way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Mid NH is nice.

Fuck Massachusetts.
View Quote

This.  Up here we say that everything south of the Notch is Massachusetts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top