Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2015 1:09:57 AM EDT
Edit to point out I am looking for options on a takedown model.

Cross posting from the 10/22 forum.

So after reading another thread about customizing/upgrading a takedown I decided to do the same.

I ordered a new Kidd bolt, drop in trigger kit and charging handle. Now I am looking for the best aftermarket barrel. Right now looking at the tacsol hogue/bull barrel combo with a threaded muzzle.

That my best option? Really want the most accurate barrel possible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:22:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Love my Green Mountain fluted stainless bull Bbl.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:24:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Kidd ULW.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I also have a green mountain stainless fluted bull barrel on mine, picked up during their "12 days of Christmas" sale for 50% off a while ago.

I sent my bolt to que for reworking, and put a drop in trigger/hammer, auto bolt release, diy bolt buffer and dropped the whole action into a hogue overmolded stock. Thing shoots pretty much lights out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:39:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple of the tacsol barrels and I can't say they will be the most accurate. They are VERY light and I love them for things like speed steel or rat hunting with lots of walking but a good steel heavy barrel will probably be more accurate, mine is.
Not a big fan of the Hogue because it's harder to modify the barrel channel and that seems to be something that can make or break a set up when it comes to accuracy.
I really like the Nomad stock - http://www.revolutionstocks.com/rugerstocks/ruger10-22stocks.php  for just a generalist stock, as opposed to a bench gun.
Choate also makes a nice modular stock if you will be giving it to a kid or smaller person with any regularity. You do have to unscrew the spacers but it's better than making someone struggle with a gun that doesn't fit. You will have to open the barrel channel and possibly add a cheek riser.
www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/07-01-08
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:52:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He knows ^

And you are in luck because Green Mountain is currently having a .22 barrel sale.
Green Mountian
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:15:38 AM EDT
[#6]
beyer barrels, makes good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't think any of these options are for a takedown model...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Only aftermarket barrels I've seen on takedowns were modified by the owner-turn down the shank and cut a notch for the lock.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He knows ^

And you are in luck because Green Mountain is currently having a .22 barrel sale.
Green Mountian
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He knows ^

Green Mountian

The accuracy for the price of a Green Mountain is orgasmic.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't own a takedown yet, but this was the barrel I was looking at.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series/1022-takedown-s-bx-barrel

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#11]

So, is that shroud permanent with enough inner diameter to screw a suppressor inside the shroud?

Is that even something offered, a shroud on the outside of the barrel, perm attached. With the barrel ending inside the shroud with a threaded end piece. Can just add a can on and not have to SBR, and still have the OAL with the can inside the shroud.

edit, looks like thats what they did. Sold.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Consider the Thompson Machine integrally-suppressed Operative TD. Not the most accurate but among the quietest.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top