Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2015 9:43:52 PM EDT
http://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/september-2015/kentucky-clerk-on-biblical-marriage-stand-i-cannot-be-separated-from-what-i-believe/

Kentucky’s Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis talked to Decision magazine on Wednesday. A more comprehensive story will appear in the October edition of the magazine.

No amount of threats against her life or her job, no edicts from the U.S. Supreme Court or the governor, could sway Kim Davis to compromise God’s truth.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/september-2015/kentucky-clerk-on-biblical-marriage-stand-i-cannot-be-separated-from-what-i-believe/

Kentucky’s Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis talked to Decision magazine on Wednesday. A more comprehensive story will appear in the October edition of the magazine.

No amount of threats against her life or her job, no edicts from the U.S. Supreme Court or the governor, could sway Kim Davis to compromise God’s truth.
View Quote
View Quote

The last sentence, she needs to be familiar with the phrase "Separation of church and state"
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Though she has been under intense attack and pressure, she claims a peace and trust in God that surpasses human understanding.

“We serve a living God who is alive and on the throne,” she said. “He knows exactly where I am, and I know that His hand is upon me and upon His people. He is in full control.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know why they just don't fire her. No reason to send her to jail.

This whole thing is disgusting and a mockery of justice.

Gavin Newsome didn't receive this treatment when he pretty much did the same thing by handing out sodomite marriage licenses when that was illegal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Though she has been under intense attack and pressure, she claims a peace and trust in God that surpasses human understanding.

“We serve a living God who is alive and on the throne,” she said. “He knows exactly where I am, and I know that His hand is upon me and upon His people. He is in full control.”

Well, she needs to tell God to convince the Supreme Court to change their decission and let her dumbass out of jail.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gavin Newsome didn't receive this treatment when he pretty much did the same thing by handing out sodomite marriage licenses when that was illegal.
View Quote

I believe she is an elected official.   Not sure how you go about firing someone like that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Hammermill thread.

Who the biggest post whore here...HAMMERMILL!

Who stirs up all the shit here...HAMMERMILL!

DU DU DU DU HAMMERMILL!

HAMMERMILL HAMMERMILL HAMMMERMILL!

yay.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I believe she is an elected official.   Not sure how you go about firing someone like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So was Gavin Newsome. Why isn't he in prison?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some acts of civil disobedience are more civil than others....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

What part of she's an ELECTED OFFICIAL do so many of you not undestand? If we could fire elected officials for not performing their job duties congress would be empty.

I do not agree with this sorry fake ass christian but our land has laws and procedures for dealing with this. Hopefully in time she will be dealt with appropriately.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#10]
So she is in an elected position, won't uphold the law and tells her staff not to either.......hmmmm, I get sick and tired of elected officials not upholding the law.  I could care less about gay marriage, but she is  a damn drama queen.  For some podunk Kentucky community she's lucky to have that 80 something grand salary for an admn job.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The last sentence, she needs to be familiar with the phrase "Separation of church and state"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is probably more familiar with it than you, as it exists nowhere in the constitution, but only in a letter from jefferson.  
In fact, maybe you, and the members the gay communist gun club that seem to have overtaken this forum in the last year, need to familiarize yourself with exactly what the first amendment DOES say.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What part of she's an ELECTED OFFICIAL do so many of you not undestand? If we could fire elected officials for not performing their job duties congress would be empty.

I do not agree with this sorry fake ass christian but our land has laws and procedures for dealing with this. Hopefully in time she will be dealt with appropriately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can elected officials be jailed for breaking laws?  Newsome issued same sex marriage licenses before it was legal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So she is in an elected position, won't uphold the law and tells her staff not to either.......hmmmm, I get sick and tired of elected officials not upholding the law.  I could care less about gay marriage, but she is  a damn drama queen.  For some podunk Kentucky community she's lucky to have that 80 something grand salary for an admn job.
View Quote

$80k?  That's nothing compared to what she'll get from all these christian groups out there. She will be a speaker at a few mega churches, go to some conventions and give some interviews...all for a fee of course
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Hammermill thread
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#15]
She's a (D) and she's right.

Still is an Alabama law, the Fed has enumerated powers and that ain't one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm glad you supported Gavin Newsome being thrown in jail.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#17]
My only issue with what she is doing is legal.  I don't think the Supreme court should hold the power to write state law.  They can rule state law unconstitutional, but the state should be forced to legislate, not the court.  That said, there is only one fix that the Supreme court would be forced to accept - and that is if the State stopped issuing any marriage licenses.  Anybody could marry anyone - but NONE would be recognized by the state as marriage.  Pretty sure that would be equal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad you supported Gavin Newsome being thrown in prison.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank God she has the guts to stand up for what is right. To hell with the SCOTUS. There is no authority greater than the Almighty.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yupp... & She is a sinner herself.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#21]
She's such a dope.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
She's such a dope.
View Quote

Yeah, it's not like she's violating a federal law to deport illegal immigrants who are murdering American citizens or anything like that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mental illness is really sad to watch destroy somebody.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I knew a Kim Davis in college, she was cute
this one is far from it

So is it true she's been divorced multiple times and committed adultery?
or is that just the media attacking her for being antigay?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is a Christian. Christians believe that everyone is a sinner (except one!). Therefor, of course she is a sinner.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe she upheld the law fine, until SCOTUS changed it on her by legislating from the bench.....it was only after that that she said fuck you....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering the executive branch has been doing legislative and judiciary branches stuff lately it seems everything is messed-up.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you point that phrase out to me anywhere in the Constitution?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#29]
If she is using religion as the reason then fuck her.

If she is executing the will of her constituents then I applaud her.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If she is using religion as the reason then fuck her.

If she is executing the will of her constituents then I applaud her.
View Quote

Being that she is from Kentucky, I'm sure that her constituents are fine with it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She can't be fired.  She is an elected official.

She can be removed from office, but the state legislature needs to vote on that.  This is complicated because many in the legislature share her belief.  Also, they don't meet again until January.

She did take an oath.  She has violated that oath. No belief system saves you from breaking that oath.  That is why she has been sent to jail.  She is not adhering to the oath of office.

She could resign but as she was quoted in USA Today she said that God is speaking to her and using her to uphold His word and commands.

I hope all of this helps the conversation...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's not like she's violating a federal law to deport illegal immigrants who are murdering American citizens or anything like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's such a dope.

OK pal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

She can be removed from office, but the state legislature needs to vote on that.  This is complicated because many in the legislature share her belief.  Also, they don't meet again until January.

She did take an oath.  She has violated that oath. No belief system saves you from breaking that oath.  That is why she has been sent to jail.  She is not adhering to the oath of office.

She could resign but as she was quoted in USA Today she said that God is speaking to her and using her to uphold His word and commands.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking (that she could not be fired).   I figured something like a recall vote would be necessary.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never saw that phrase anywhere in the constitution
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't agree with her theologically, but I agree with her politically. Civil disobedience can be a powerful political tool and more power to her for taking that route.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Three divorces...marriage is sacred....lulz
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he is part of this bullshit progressive agenda.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm familiar with that phrase.  Maybe you should become familiar with the origin.  Not codified law. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh no, a person who is part of a religion that believes that everyone is a sinner is... wait for it... A SINNER!

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#40]

OK - let me get this straight.

You guys feel like a person who works for the government should uphold the law.

That is the law therefore people should follow it, and be held accountable.

So, next year when the SCOTUS makes guns illegal - you will follow the law (just like she should) and you will want all government employees to follow the law and confiscate your guns?

Apparently you have decided you like "Gay" laws so those should be enforced but if they outlaw guns - well those laws should not be followed. Pick one gents. You can't have it both ways.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So, next year when the SCOTUS makes guns illegal - you will follow the law (just like she should) and you will want all government employees to follow the law and confiscate your guns?

Apparently you have decided you like "Gay" laws so those should be enforced but if they outlaw guns - well those laws should not be followed. Pick one gents. You can't have it both ways.
View Quote

Don't go using logic. The mouth breathers in support of sodomite marriage don't like it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're right.  Border Patrol agents who don't support illegal immigration laws should be allows to refuse to enforce border laws.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You're right.  Border Patrol agents who don't support illegal immigration laws should be allows to refuse to enforce border laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, we as a nation don't support border laws so why should we expect our border patrol to?

She's an elected official, she is doing the will of her constituents. If they don't like it, they can elect someone else.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the state, but many elected officials can be impeached.  Holder could have been impeached for contempt.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe that KY law says no queer marriages.  That is the law she swore to uphold

FYI she stopped real marriage licenses too

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

If they were outlawing gay marriage I would probably be against it.
I get tired of all the gay pride shit but what two consenting adults do to each other in private is none of my business.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him."

Better?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

"And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him."

Better?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better?

"But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men."" Acts 5:29

I'm surprised that so many on ARFCOM are defending judicial activism. Bunch of progressives.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#50]
The law in the state passed by the legislature in 2004 that is still on the books states that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Supreme Court isn't in the business of legislating. They can claim that the current law is unconstitutional, but they certainly can't write a new law that says in kentucky marriage can be between a man and another man or a woman and another woman, etc.

So, she's not breaking the law, as the current law in KY.

Am I wrong?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top