Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2015 9:27:03 PM EDT
We had the builder create a cut out in the wall 49" wide inside of a big walk in closet.  If we put the safe in the closet before we put carpet down, can two or three humans push a 1700-1800 lb. safe across concrete?  When I say across concrete, I mean just far enough to get the safe pushed into the cut out spot in the wall.  

In a perfect world, the cutout would have been 60", but we couldn't make it work, so I am trying to get the widest safe that I can into that 49" spot.  thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't put your safe on concrete. Concrete absorbs moisture, and subsequently disperses it under your safe.

Moisture and metal = rust. Lay the carpet, then the safe
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't put your safe on concrete. Concrete absorbs moisture, and subsequently disperses it under your safe.

Moisture and metal = rust. Lay the carpet, then the safe
View Quote

...and then bolt it to the foundation
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Better yet, lay down some moisture barrier under the carpet like that stuff you lay below wood floor.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
use 2" pvc pipe underneath to roll it on
When you are about 6 inches away tilt it and bring the rollers out
Push it the rest of  the way in
Its amazing how easy it is to move a safe with 2 pieces of 2" pvc pipe
View Quote

You can move shipping containers across parking lot with 6" PVC pipes
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
standing by for the "Ask a guy who crushed his leg moving a safe anything" thread
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I used 3/4" wooden dowels to move mine across about 40' of hardwood and concrete. If you want to turn, just lay the dowels on a 45 degree angle and then another until you achieve the turn you want.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh and I used a 50 pack of marbles to move mine... just kept moving the ones that rolled out the back to the front. Took 10 minutes
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Golf balls work too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
use 2" pvc pipe underneath to roll it on
When you are about 6 inches away tilt it and bring the rollers out
Push it the rest of  the way in
Its amazing how easy it is to move a safe with 2 pieces of 2" pvc pipe
View Quote

^^ This ^^

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top