Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2015 3:06:06 PM EDT
Video

A Manhattan man who was on crutches because of a basketball injury has sued the NYPD, claiming that cops beat and kicked his bandaged leg — with one cop tauntingly telling him, “I don’t give a f— about your foot,” new court papers state.

J-Quan Johnson, 25, was at the “Love is Love” block party in Washington Heights on Aug. 31, 2014, when cops told everyone to disperse at 10:30 p.m. — and the injured basketball player asked them to be careful of his leg, his Manhattan federal court lawsuit states.

“[A] police officer then told the plaintiff, ‘I don’t give a f— about your foot,’” and then slapped Johnson in the face, according to his suit.

At that point, five cops jumped on Johnson and started punching and kicking him, and some cops used their batons, his suit states.

“While the plaintiff was on the ground being handcuffed, one unnamed [cop] stood up, looked around the area and then violently struck the plaintiff with a metal baton on the plaintiff’s left Achilles tendon area,” the suit states.

“It was an unprovoked attack against a guy who was helpless,” said Johnson attorney Michael Braverman.

Johnson was charged with assault on a police officer but the charge was dismissed, his suit states.

“We’ll review the allegations and investigate the facts once we are served,” said a city Law Department spokesman.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
We can all hope that J-Quan turns this cash windfall into a semester of community college, and we will be the beneficiary of the community college curse!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At that point, five cops jumped on Johnson and started punching and kicking him, and some cops used their batons, his suit states.
View Quote

Beware the Flashlight Octopus.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
If everyone became a Red Billy Lotto Winner, eventually the cops would be loved
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Copthulu?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
If I was getting a BX Party Hat, I sure as shit would not even tell them which leg it was
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top