User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2015 12:11:54 AM EDT
Decent candidate? Viable alternative?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#1]
If he starts climbing in the polls, the liberals will crucify him.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Says good things about the Second Amendment and gun registration:

- The baton of freedom is in our hands. We must make absolutely sure that we will never let the right to keep & bear arms be removed from those who follow us in this nation. Let me make it absolutely clear that I am extremely pro-Second Amendment. I will never let anyone tamper with that right.

- The real reason that they put the 2nd Amendment there is recognizing that there could come a time when our government itself could go off the rail, and could try to dominate the people, and the people would need a mechanism of defense for themselves.

- I used to think guns needed to be registered, but if you register them they just come and find you and take your guns.

- I truly believe in Second Amendment rights. I would never advocate anything to interfere with Second Amendment rights; however, I do think we have to be intelligent.

View Quote

But then goes off the rails:

...when asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons," the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I'm afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it," Carson elaborated. However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself" and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I've no problem with that."
View Quote

Of course, it's not clear to me that he knows the difference between a fully automatic and semi-automatic weapon.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Very smart. Well spoken. Personable. A hell of an impressive life and career. For a while, I've said that we need more engineers and physicians in DC and he really fits that bill, but it's too bad about his gun politics. Biometrics-locked "smart" guns? Sorry, that kind of kills any enthusiasm I'd have for the guy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:19:39 AM EDT
[#4]
If I need brain surgery I'll go to him first.
If I need a president, I'll go to him last.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Not presidential material
Maybe surgeon general
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:20:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the fact that he's not a career politician
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:21:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I recognize he is smart but to me he did not come across that way in the debates.  He did not seem that well informed or particularly gifted when it came to debate and speech.

I am not sure why he is getting decent poll numbers, I wonder it is no one wanting to say they would not vote for the black guy?

The urban vs rural gun thing from 2013 , it made no sense at all.  It's like a 5 year old was trying to formulate a gun policy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Brilliant Neurosurgeon...

So... um... yeah?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not presidential material

Maybe surgeon general
View Quote
I'm thinking that's his play.

I like the guy, buy he really is a horrible presenter. I wish we could build a Frankencandidate from pieces of all these retards.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#10]
meh
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#11]
He seems decent.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Hell of a lot better than what we have now!

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:38:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Seems like the best guy for the job at this point.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol wut
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:43:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Of course, it's not clear to me that he knows the difference between a fully automatic and semi-automatic weapon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

- The baton of freedom is in our hands. We must make absolutely sure that we will never let the right to keep & bear arms be removed from those who follow us in this nation. Let me make it absolutely clear that I am extremely pro-Second Amendment. I will never let anyone tamper with that right.

- The real reason that they put the 2nd Amendment there is recognizing that there could come a time when our government itself could go off the rail, and could try to dominate the people, and the people would need a mechanism of defense for themselves.

- I used to think guns needed to be registered, but if you register them they just come and find you and take your guns.

- I truly believe in Second Amendment rights. I would never advocate anything to interfere with Second Amendment rights; however, I do think we have to be intelligent.

...when asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons," the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I'm afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it," Carson elaborated. However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself" and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I've no problem with that."

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Very smart. Well spoken. Personable. A hell of an impressive life and career. For a while, I've said that we need more engineers and physicians in DC and he really fits that bill, but it's too bad about his gun politics. Biometrics-locked "smart" guns? Sorry, that kind of kills any enthusiasm I'd have for the guy.
View Quote

This..
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Fuck him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck him.
What he said ^

Anyone who believes in restricting the 2nd Amendment can fornicate themselves with a rusty rake.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Lol wut
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol wut

Non politician, decent honest,self made God fearing man. Yeah I can see why some might not approve of him.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:47:25 AM EDT
[#19]
He doesn't believe in evolution.

He has compared homosexuality to beastuality and has said homosexuality "is absolutely a choice".

So, yeah. He has absolutely zero chance of ever being elected.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:47:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What he said ^

Anyone who believes in restricting the 2nd Amendment can fornicate themselves with a rusty rake.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that leaves...... Yeah no one.

Fuck him.
What he said ^

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:47:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Non politician, decent honest,self made God fearing man. Yeah I can see why some might not approve of him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol wut

Poor victim

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:49:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He has compared homosexuality to beastuality and has said homosexuality "is absolutely a choice".

View Quote

Atleast you are on top of the important issues facing our country. How about you don't vote.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Atleast you are on top of the important issues facing our country. How about you don't vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha! I think you misunderstood my post. Please tell me how he would ever be elected in today's America. I'll spend my time supporting someone who has a chance. That is not Carson.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#25]
edit: between 2 ferns.gif
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#27]
fuck that guy with a rusty spoon.

When first asked about guns, he basically said if you're in a city, you don't need them, and don't need icky assault rifles.

then people freaked out, then he went silent,  then he came up with this gem:

“Early on, when I entered the political arena and I was asked the question about guns, I didn’t know at that time that you always start that off by saying how important the Second Amendment is and that you will never compromise that,” Carson said.
View Quote

quoted in this article: Ben Carson: He hadn't learned to lie to you yet

basically saying : I hadn't learned to lie and say how important it is.......before I fuck you in the ass.

so if he's THAT blatant about pandering,  what ELSE is he just lying about?

that asshole. no thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I pussied out. Didn't want to offend. Shit was funny too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:24:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

When first asked about guns, he basically said if you're in a city, you don't need them, and don't need icky assault rifles.

basically saying : I hadn't learned to lie and say how important it is.......before I fuck you in the ass.

that asshole. no thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

“Early on, when I entered the political arena and I was asked the question about guns, I didn’t know at that time that you always start that off by saying how important the Second Amendment is and that you will never compromise that,” Carson said.

that asshole. no thanks.

But, but, what about evolution and Jesus?!  And the GAYZ?!!!!111one!!

I can't believe there are people fucking stupid enough on this site to support this moron given the several quotes here from him on guns.

Me personally, I'm much more supportive of those who fear their constituents over god.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:28:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:30:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Skip him, Rubio, Walker, Santorum, Fiorino, Christie, Kasick, just skip them all
and vote Cruz.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:30:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Very funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I pussied out. Didn't want to offend. Shit was funny too.

Very funny.

I don't recognize you. Sorry. Are you baiting me?

Fuck it I'm Foing!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#33]
What can I tell you about him?

If he is the nominee and is running against Hitlery, he will be the losing candidate.  

Of course I believe pretty much every republican candidate may also become the losing candidate too.  I have never seen such a lackluster field of "candidates", on both sides.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:38:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, you're saying that a dude sucking an 8" cock didn't have a choice to not stick that in his mouth?

Damn, so much for free will. I guess a murderer didn't have a choice to not kill that person.

Fuck, we're all puppets.

Txl
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:49:56 AM EDT
[#35]
He def has a place in today's political arena although, I do not think potus.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:50:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:51:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Met w Sherrif Babeau. Total pandering.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#38]
At the end of the film we discover that he was blind the whole time
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:02:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:10:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm more of a Ted Cruz kind of guy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#41]
for forcibly vaccinating children

for raising the min wage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#42]
deez nuts 2016!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:35:03 AM EDT
[#43]
He has pathetic communication skills. He sounded weak during the debate.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:03:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Carson is a good surgeon I guess and I'm sure he has good morals. But he doesn't know when he's out of his league. I've seen him in debates he had no place in entering. His comments about the second amendment show ignorance, which isn't necessarily bad, but it's clear he'd bow to "common sense reform" garbage. He'd be better than Obama that's for sure, but I wouldn't say he'd be a good president.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Dr. Ben Carson, author of “One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America’s Future,” argued that while Officer Darren Wilson did nothing wrong in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, police should be better trained in non-lethal force such as shooting aggressors in the legs on Tuesday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show.”
View Quote

He specified “for instance, in a lot of places, police officers aren’t even allowed to go into the more dangerous areas by themselves. They’re always paired. Or you know, people use tasers, people learn how to shoot people in the legs to stop them from charging, things of that nature. And I seriously doubt that he’d been given that information.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dr. Ben Carson, author of “One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America’s Future,” argued that while Officer Darren Wilson did nothing wrong in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, police should be better trained in non-lethal force such as shooting aggressors in the legs on Tuesday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show.”

He specified “for instance, in a lot of places, police officers aren’t even allowed to go into the more dangerous areas by themselves. They’re always paired. Or you know, people use tasers, people learn how to shoot people in the legs to stop them from charging, things of that nature. And I seriously doubt that he’d been given that information.”

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#47]
He's kind of a tool.

Republicans collectively suffer from this delusion that the only reason Obama won twice, is because he's black. So we keep looking as hard as we can for a token black guy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#48]
"Gun Warts" aside it would sure be nice to have something other than a dullard as the POTUS for a change.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Skip him, Rubio, Walker, Santorum, Fiorino, Christie, Kasick, just skip them all

and vote Cruz.
View Quote
Good advice.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#50]
He's an evolution denier, which kills support from moderates or others looking for a quick test to weed out objectively irrational decision makers; a gun-rights hater, which kills support from the right; and denies the influence of biology on gays, which kills support from the left.

He does write mushy religious agitprop, which might attract a few people. He's not getting elected.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top