Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Godspeed officer
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Godspeed brother
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks OP. those services always bring a tear to my eye.

RIP Trooper Wolf.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
R.I.P
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#7]
No disrespect intended but who was on duty?

RIP and watch over us still.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow. I just read about his passing. What a terrible accident . RIP Trooper Wolf.

ETA: I see our TX DPS attended the services. Nothing but respect for Texas State Troopers. Best in the business.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#10]
A hero never dies.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Going to see a few more of these, I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Typically, troopers from other nearby posts (and perhaps not quite so nearby) will often step in to fill gaps. The local Sheriff Dept and PDs will often take on some of the responsibilities of the most effected agency allowing coworkers to attend the funeral and mourn.

When a Kalamazoo (Mich.) Dept. of Public Safety officer was killed a few years ago, the Sheriff Dept and City of Portage PD took over patrols for the city of Kalamazoo. Because KDPS is a fully cross-trained agency, the City of Portage and nearby township fire departments answered medical and fire calls (Kalamazoo cops are also the firemen for the city). Kalamazoo's dispatch was patched into the dispatch center for an adjacent county so the dispatchers could attend the funeral. MSP provided all of the officers necessary to close various intersections for the funeral procession and offered a number of troopers to augment the Sheriff Dept and City of Portage (and still had one of the largest contingents of officers present paying their respects). The law enforcement community really tends to step up in these sorts of situations.

As an aside, MSP has a policy of sending representatives to the funerals of any state trooper killed on duty anywhere in the United States. It appears that several other agencies have similar policies (or out of respect for MSPs commitment and past support, have reciprocated). I was impressed to see some Missouri State Troopers in the photos from Tpr. Wolf's funeral considering that they lost one of their own on the same day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I know at least three people that were there today, one detective from a Detroit suburb and two Mi State Troopers.
All super nice guys and its a shame that this guy was killed in such a horrible way.. I may even know more then that if I saw more pics of the guys .

My cousin husband is the detective and he and I went out fishing a few times in the Detroit river, when we were out the subject turned to guns and he told them that he has seen my collection and has lots of fun toys, the older one said oh yeah like what. Cousins husband was telling about some of the FA and suppressors and other nfa toys.
He put his beer down and looked around and said he didn't hear any of that and when we get back to the dock for me to drive away and not come around hi m as he wants to be nowhere illegal stuff.

Cousins husband looked at him funny and the younger guy had a gleam in his eye of shooting my dog, and told him that I live in Ohio and that I can own all that shit
The guy let out a huge breath and said thank god and when can he come to my property to have some fun lol.
He thought I lived in Michigan and that my cousins husband was ratting me out to him.

A few months later I had those guys down for a shoot and they had a time of their lives and I got a few cards from them and they told me if I ever got pulled over to just hand this over to the officer and to call the number on the card.

Besides shooting I had them reading up on the nfa laws in their own state along with the ones around it and then we shot more and had a bunch of BBQ.

All the crap that MSP guys get,I understand they are hard as nails, but they are some of the most professional leos I have ever met and am proud to call a few my friends .

Good speed trooper
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:46:26 PM EDT
[#15]

R.I.P.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#16]
god speed officer

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I live on the state lines of Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas. Memphis,Tn. About a month ago a Memphis cop was killed on duty and the funeral procession was over 900 cars long. Law enforcement came from surrounding cities and states to honor the officer. link

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top