Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2015 1:37:45 PM EDT
http://speedtwitch.com/the-high-performance-ford-fusion-st-is-coming-fresh-spy-images/

Damn, i heard the rumors - looks like they are really going to do it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Somehow I doubt it will have the 3.5, that would hurt SHO sales.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me know when they come up with a competitor to the Chevy SS.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Already exists, doubt we will ever see it in this country.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

They don't need to.  SS is a short lived pipe dream that was an experiment by GM of how far GM would go to re-badge an iconic name and how much money they can squeeze out of it.

GM exec:  Let's take the rebadged G8 Holden that we scrapped, that was $29,900 and let's  put on an "SS" badge and add $17,000 for it.... better yet, lets price it higher than the C6 corvettes and in range with our C7 Corvettes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would guess the 2.3L from the mustang, mounted sideways. Or the 2.0 from the Focus ST.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

SHO sales are being hurt by the SHO being ugly. The Fusion is the new Taurus.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would guess the 2.3L from the mustang, mounted sideways. Or the 2.0 from the Focus ST.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

More likely.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can already get nearly that engine in the focus. Adding 10hp and having the peak torque at 500 fewer RPM does not make for a hot version. The 2.3 seems possible though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe the 2.7 from the Edge. It's making 315hp and 350 tq
Suppose to run 14.0@100 weighing 4400lbs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the looks of the fusion A LOT

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]
i hate to admit it, but i kinda like the new awd focus rs......if i decide i'm going to get an economical car, it's on the top of the list...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Ford has really stepped up their car game the last few years. I'm a diehard Ford truck guy but up until around 4-5yrs ago you couldn't give me a ford car, they never really had anything decent besides the Mustang or Crown Vic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They don't need to.  SS is a short lived pipe dream that was an experiment by GM of how far GM would go to re-badge an iconic name and how much money they can squeeze out of it.

GM exec:  Let's take the rebadged G8 Holden that we scrapped, that was $29,900 and let's  put on an "SS" badge and add $17,000 for it.... better yet, lets price it higher than the C6 corvettes and in range with our C7 Corvettes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp wut?  

Pontiac produced the G8.  Holden is GM's subsidiary company in Australia.  Holden produced the rebadged G8 under the Commodore model name.

Are you seriously trying to compare 7 year old model pricing vs. current auto pricing

The two vehicles are not even remotely the same, technologically nor performance-wise, unless you're wanting to compare to the Commodore SS-V Redline with a sticker price of $52k AUS that has the smaller 6.0 vs. the SS's 6.2 producing 55 more horsepower and is still far more technologically advanced than it's counterpart.

What you typed makes zero sense.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much. And the Tarus is now the Crown Vic. (or vice versa)
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not to mention that the closest comparable car, the G8 GXP, was a $38k car. With inflation, the price is right in line.

Derp wut?  

Pontiac produced the G8.  Holden is GM's subsidiary company in Australia.  Holden produced the rebadged G8 under the Commodore model name.

Are you seriously trying to compare 7 year old model pricing vs. current auto pricing

The two vehicles are not even remotely the same, technologically nor performance-wise, unless you're wanting to compare to the Commodore SS-V Redline with a sticker price of $52k AUS that has the smaller 6.0 vs. the SS's 6.2 producing 55 more horsepower and is still far more technologically advanced than it's counterpart.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention that the closest comparable car, the G8 GXP, was a $38k car. With inflation, the price is right in line.

Derp wut?  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't understand why they can make high performance grocery getters but they cant make a high performance sports/super car to compare against Chevy's Corvette. Come on Ford.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Could be fun with a 6-speed manual transmission.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't understand why they can make high performance grocery getters but they cant make a high performance sports/super car to compare against Chevy's Corvette. Come on Ford.
View Quote

Say what?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Derp wut?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp wut?  

Rebadged commodore with a different engine, suspension, and interior. But I'm still not seeing where the extra $15k comes from. The G8's engine was more complicated too, although smaller. I believe the trans is the same between both vehicles.

The G8 GXP is a fairer comparison to the SS, although the SS isn't available with a manual trans (FAIL). Narrows the cost difference by $8k

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Derp wut?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp wut?  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Derp wut?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp wut?  

And what you said makes SO much sense

Pontiac didn't produce the G8, Holden did under the Pontiac badge.

Oh yeah, lets' compare AUS prices to american car prices. Did you know the H3 was $75k there?

Oh now of course you didn't.  Guess what? I've been there, I've owned BOTH (not talking about the H3, but I did own one of those also along with the corvettes I mentioned, lol).

Sorry to hurt your feelings, I guess you must be a SS owner.  It's ok.

Oh and since you brought up pricing, look at the C6 vs C7's ;) I don't see 15k and it's a total platform overhaul... but hey, good luck. (Psst, 2009 corvette was 48k mrsp, the C7's are $55k msrp.  I must have failed math, but I only count $7k difference.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

The affordable high performance practical grocery getter is an easier sell than a high performance carbon fiber sports car for most people. Probably more profitable for Ford as well.

It's a good segment and it's getting better.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Just to get a MOPAR into the mix:

"We first informed you yesterday about an interesting looking Dodge Journey SRT R/T prototype that AB reader Nick Leonard stumbled upon in Saginaw, MI. With its manufacturer lincense plates, unique wheels, quad exhaust tips, road-hugging stance and a well-integrated new front fascia, we figured might be some kind of HiPo Mopar project that the company has kept close to its vest. We didn't know anything else about it other than the fact that we wanted to know more."

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/16/followup-mystery-dodge-journey-srt-r-t-might-be-the-real-deal/
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Derp wut?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Derp wut?  

Also, wut

The G8 GXP had the same engine as the SS, and the L76 was based on the LS3 but a smaller bore and had DOD. Parts are interchangeabl (heads, cam, intake manifold, TB).

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, lets' compare AUS prices to american car prices. Did you know the H3 was $75k there?

http://media.giphy.com/media/QoesEe6tCbLyw/giphy.gif
View Quote

hesrightyouknow.jpg
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Pretty much filling in the void with the Evo X on the way out and no successor for another STI rival.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

hesrightyouknow.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://media.giphy.com/media/QoesEe6tCbLyw/giphy.gif

hesrightyouknow.jpg

You guys get so sacked in car prices... but you guys do get the UTE which is at least a silver lining.

Would love a UTE here.    Throw me an SS-V UTE and I'd buy it without even looking at it.

Irony is that GM would sell more UTE's here than they would of their rebadged SS's

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Say what?

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/ford-gt-gets-matte-black-treatment-and-heffner-sc-tt-kit_3.jpg
That's not even remotely close to Corvette competition.

He's right, nobody makes a true Corvette competitor / equivalent.  I really wish Ford did I probably wouldn't own a Corvette.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He's right, nobody makes a true Corvette competitor / equivalent.  I really wish Ford did I probably wouldn't own a Corvette.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say what?

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/ford-gt-gets-matte-black-treatment-and-heffner-sc-tt-kit_3.jpg

Without having actual profit data per segment, numbers would be purely speculative, but I suspect that the Corvette's segment isn't largely profitable.

At least, not nearly as profitable as the one a super Fusion would occupy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#31]
For some reason Ford likes to spill the beans early before the end of year and others tend to counter them so they can even up the ante.

I wish they would shut up, build a beast mustang, and reveal it around November after the vette designs are in full production.

I'm a GM man, but I do love Fords, Im just sick of GM leaving the best numbers to the Vette. They did this back in 1989 when the 20th Anniversary trans am was the fastest American car but Chevy hurried to release the ZR-1 just in time to claim top spots.

Was a dumb 10 best with 3 corvettes in the test ....really?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Without having actual profit data per segment, numbers would be purely speculative, but I suspect that the Corvette's segment isn't largely profitable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Say what?

When I say competitor I mean size/weight/power/handling/styling/PRICE/options/technology/etc.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Rebadged commodore with a different engine, suspension, and interior. But I'm still not seeing where the extra $15k comes from. The G8's engine was more complicated too, although smaller. I believe the trans is the same between both vehicles.  

The G8 GXP is a fairer comparison to the SS, although the SS isn't available with a manual trans (FAIL). Narrows the cost difference by $8k

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp wut?  

Pretty sure the SS can be had with a manual.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When I say competitor I mean size/weight/power/handling/styling/PRICE/options/technology/etc.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say what?

That's what I meant by "segment".

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Derp wut?  

It can now, but not in the first year which was a mistake.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top