Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 10:59:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah and that stupid clip on the side doesn't help.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know about that pistol, but I've got something similar on a P11.  It has it's uses, but the P11 has a long/heavy trigger pull.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Felon carry! Now with more clipz!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I suck at hotlinking.
Video at link of a much more better non holster if you dont think you came OEM with enough holes in your anatomy. VIDEO LINKAGE
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't know about that pistol, but I've got something similar on a P11.  It has it's uses, but the P11 has a long/heavy trigger pull.
View Quote

Yea the shield has a 6.5 pound trigger pull.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
no thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:21:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I suck at hotlinking.

Video at link of a much more better non holster if you dont think you came OEM with enough holes in your anatomy. VIDEO LINKAGE
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate the shield, they said.

I don't want a safety on my carry gun, they said.

I just can't carry in a holster, they said.

This has solved every unreasonable complaint GD has come up with about the Shield, and now you guys hate it, too.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not a clip, it's a magazine!!??!!

Oh, wait...

Txl
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]

I thought it would be a Glock (or most any striker fired pistol) and a Serpa.  Yeah, that is worse.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.
View Quote

Holy shit! You mean I can have an exposed trigger to snag on shit while I am using two hands to fuck with it trying to put it in my pants AND a slower draw than a standard IWB holster?

Tell me more!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought it would be a Glock (or most any striker fired pistol) and a Serpa.  Yeah, that is worse.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

i was totally expecting a Serpa thread
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry guys you can get a mini holster on a string for 19.95!

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL Glock FTMFW!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lulz
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#18]

That's weird. I've been carrying my glock 26 with that clip on it for 8 years everyday @ the 4 O'clock position and have never so much as had a close call.

I MUST be doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.
View Quote

That is the stupidest gun thing I have ever seen. I am surprised the guy in the video still had all his fingers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Holy shit! You mean I can have an exposed trigger to snag on shit while I am using two hands to fuck with it trying to put it in my pants AND a slower draw than a standard IWB holster?

Tell me more!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.

Tell me more!

Don't know what the hell you're on about. Been carrying mine like I said above for 8 years and I can draw it as fast as any IWB on the market. 5000+ rounds in training and counting.

Clearly I am doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/JPo4Bzc.jpg
View Quote

I actually made some of those. They go on guns inside a quick open handgun safe.

I use a rigid loop though. It prevent putting a finger inside the trigger guard in total darkness while you are woken by broken glass in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's weird. I've been carrying my glock 26 with that clip on it for 8 years everyday @ the 4 O'clock position and have never so much as had a close call.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's real retarded sir.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Don't know what the hell you're on about. Been carrying mine like I said above for 8 years and I can draw it as fast as any IWB on the market. 5000+ rounds in training and counting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.

Tell me more!

What you are doing wrong is not watching the video. It is a different device than the OP's clip.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to rebut with intelligent conversation?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I guess you're some kind of wizard.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Tell me more!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.

Tell me more!

That's been done for many years w/ revolvers.   People wrapped rubber bands aground the grips to hold them in place or had a similar clip.  They're handy in a minimal sort of way.  I wouldn't do it w/ a Glock or something w/ a similar trigger pull, but on a DAO gun it's a decent idea.  They're not had to draw w/ practice, and it beats leaving it at home.  How many people who carry regularly don't have a box full of holsters for different guns/occasions?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What you are doing wrong is not watching the video. It is a different device than the OP's clip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.

Tell me more!

If your talking about the sling thing, I watched it. and yes I am not commenting on that device here.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will, it is a bad idea to shove a safteyless striker fired pistol into your pants.
Just because you have been doing it for 8 years does not mean it is not a bad idea still.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.

Tell me more!

So you are saying you can draw from your holster with retention as fast as most IWB's with no retention? I find that hard to believe. You may be proficient but slipping that loop off takes time I don't count on having.

I have seen the style with the little kydex piece that covers the trigger guard like mentioned above and that is about as minimal as I am willing to go. Really don't like uncovered triggers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#31]

My brother's roommate carries a shield tucked into his sweatpants, no holster. I offered to buy him one, he told me the USMC taught him proper weapons handling. I told my brother his roommate was going to end up missing his balls one day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.

Tell me more!

Are you talking about the clip, or the "pistol sling" in the the video I responded to.

The clip won't be a slower draw. That "pistol sling" is the answer to a question no one asked.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Zing!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's been done for many years w/ revolvers.   People wrapped rubber bands aground the grips to hold them in place or had a similar clip.  They're handy in a minimal sort of way.  I wouldn't do it w/ a Glock or something w/ a similar trigger pull, but on a DAO gun it's a decent idea.  They're not had to draw w/ practice, and it beats leaving it at home.  How many people who carry regularly don't have a box full of holsters for different guns/occasions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.

Tell me more!

Yeah - it's 2015. Unless you don't have a job, buy a holster and don't mess around with this micky mouse shit. I guess if it's the end of the world and you need to improvise, its an interesting tool to know is out there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:49:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Is that clip factory or aftermarket?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:52:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's weird. I've been carrying my glock 26 with that clip on it for 8 years everyday @ the 4 O'clock position and have never YET so much as had a close call.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's weird. I've been carrying my glock 26 with that clip on it for 8 years everyday @ the 4 O'clock position and have never YET so much as had a close call.

FIFY

Just because it hasn't happened YET, doesn't mean it's the best idea. I've jumped off plenty of roofs and haven't yet broken any bones doing so. That doesn't mean that if I keep doing it I won't.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I actually made some of those. They go on guns inside a quick open handgun safe.

I use a rigid loop though. It prevent putting a finger inside the trigger guard in total darkness while you are woken by broken glass in the middle of the night.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/JPo4Bzc.jpg

My wife has one of those in the center console of her car.  The loose end of the cord is secured to the bottom of the console.  This way she can unholster one handed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's been done for many years w/ revolvers.   People wrapped rubber bands aground the grips to hold them in place or had a similar clip.  They're handy in a minimal sort of way.  I wouldn't do it w/ a Glock or something w/ a similar trigger pull, but on a DAO gun it's a decent idea.  They're not had to draw w/ practice, and it beats leaving it at home. How many people who carry regularly don't have a box full of holsters for different guns/occasions?
View Quote

Glock 26 with AIWB holster, which also works for G19/17 for winter carry.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah - it's 2015. Unless you don't have a job, buy a holster and don't mess around with this micky mouse shit. I guess if it's the end of the world and you need to improvise, its an interesting tool to know is out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.

Tell me more!

The clips cost as much as a cheap holster.   It's a limited use thing IMO.   I think they're useful if you want to have a gun but aren't wearing a belt, which means for me it's a way to tuck a gun (P11) into a pair of shorts around the house where it's reasonably secure and I can have my hands free.  For general use it'd drive me nuts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Do not want.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suck at hotlinking.

Tell me more!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Wait... are  you serious?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Is that clip factory or aftermarket?
View Quote

Aftermarket, you replace the back plate on the slide of the pistol.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to cover your fucking trigger guard?

Unless you are one of those cool Israeli doods that runs with a COLD chamber, lol.

If not enjoy the new hole in your butt cheek.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#44]
That clip along with a mic holster (to cover the trigger) is a pretty good option for safely carrying with minimal bulk.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Plastic. Check

No thumb safety. Check

Recipe for disaster. That's for sure
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Plastic. Check

No thumb safety. Check

Recipe for disaster. That's for sure
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Thought this was a Tex Grebner thread
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#48]
I've got a keltec and a glock23 with the metal clips... All the folks here that spout off about my finger is my safety are now like ohs nos, uncovered trigger guard FTL. It's worked fine for me for years - I have thought about putting the NY spring in the glock as an extra measure though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#49]
daily CC is a glock 36 with clipdraw
i love it but i am careful and makes CC convenient as opposed to not CCing at all. YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top