Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 8:20:36 PM EDT
So, I recently bought a toughbook cf-31 mk2 and am looking for ideas on a couple upgrades. I'm open to suggestions even if they aren't what I want to hear.

I need a webcam solution. I've looked at usb clip on ideas and I'm not wild about them. I'd love a high quality solution I can mount in the case. Looking at things, I have room on the top of the lid in one of the plastic antenna covers to mount a small caseless unit. Only I'm not finding any small caseless units for sale. I'd love one that works on usb protocol so i can solder it to the usb inside the lower case.

Secondly,

I'm interested in adding the thumbprint scanner in. I know there are people selling upgrades for the cf-30 and they look very similar, but noone seems to have done much with the cf-31 yet to know what they'll accept.

and third,

I'd like to add in a modem. I know they were/are optional on the mk-31 but mine didn't come with it. Before 9 million questions come in, I need a modem for the work i do. I can use a usb modem but would rather have an inbuilt solution.

Here are the basics in case it matters:

cf-31 mk2

i5-2320m processor
16gb ram
500gb solid state drive
dvd drive
GPS
WWAN 4g lte card

Thanks for any and all thoughts!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump for the morning crew
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a super tough question because toughbooks are so picky in some regards.  Especially with internal modems and their bios.  The knowledge to work with them is not a common thing.  What makes it worse is their naming convention... Since they tend to not change the names in any logical sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top