Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 1:12:16 PM EDT
too lazy to call my agent and ask so i thought the wisdom of arfcom would know.   So when one buy liability only on a vehicle, does the type of vehicle matter seeing that they don't cover to fix it anyways?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
too lazy to call my agent and ask so i thought the wisdom of arfcom would know.   So when one buy liability only on a vehicle, does the type of vehicle matter seeing that they don't cover to fix it anyways?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
No. Liability is to cover damage you cause to others. That's it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

wrong. the 1989 dodge mega truck weighing 9000 lbs can do more damge than the civic hatchback that weighs 2500.

simple physics. and business.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
Wrong. FPNI. Costs of liability coverage will vary based on the car you drive.  Drive a Corvette and you will pay more for liability coverag than if you drive a Sentra. J

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#5]
It's rated based on all  the following:

usage
driving history
vehicle type.....

even if only liability.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wrong. FPNI. Costs of liability coverage will vary based on the car you drive.  Drive a Corvette and you will pay more for liability coverag than if you drive a Sentra. J  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My F- 250 4x4, F350 dually and Contour are within a dollar of one another. Was just going off my rates.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I just asked my daughter. She's a licensed insurance agent in TX.  

If ALL other factors are the same, only different vehicle, then YES, the premium will be different.  Even given the same model year, different price.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Why only buy liability?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes
as does credit, loss history, etc
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#10]
almost all of it is covered
but I will add this

the difference will not be very much for just liability a few dollars difference maybe
full coverage would be a much bigger difference
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top