User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't stand most of the reality TV shows because they are always so over-dramatized, and I have never really watched Ice Road Truckers more than a few seconds before moving on with the remote control.

Ancient Aliens reminds me of the movie "Plan 9 from Outer Space" in that it's only entertaining at all because it's so incredibly bad.

When I grow up I want to be an Ancient Alien Theorist so I can sit around on my ass and dream up ways to give credit to every detail of human ingenuity and progress to alien technology.

View Quote

is that even possible?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
"Forged in Fire" is entertaining.  Though the, "It will kill," has got to go.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have canceled my commercial television service and now rely on You Tube, Netflix and the ARFCOM for all of my entertainment value.
View Quote

did the same. It's been great. Don't know why I waited so long.

I will never forget "prophets of doom" and "earth 2100" off the fucking rails derp. peak oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZOMG!!!! Peak oil!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"History" Channel was dead to me once they killed "Dogfights."  That show had so MUCH potential.
View Quote

It was great, wasn't it?!
Air Aces was pretty good too.
Just give me back Discovery Wings.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"Forged in Fire" is entertaining.  Though the, "It will kill," has got to go.
View Quote

Love that show. When he says it will kill I say to myself, yep. That show amazes me how fast some people can make a quality knife/sword. It sucks for the few that get cracks or just run out of time by decision making but some of the guys make some pretty cool blades. I also like how straight forward the judges are, no BS.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have canceled my commercial television service and now rely on You Tube, Netflix and the ARFCOM for all of my entertainment value.
View Quote

Same here. Reality TV is slowly killing cable.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is no music on mtv and no history on the history channel.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

And no learning on the Learning Channel, or no animals on Animal Planet, and very little science on the Science Channel.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Alone was good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"How it's Made" is pretty cool!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Put your TV on the science channel and leave it there.

"How it's Made" is pretty cool!

It is cool! I'm also a big fan of Modern Marvels.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
is that even possible?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't stand most of the reality TV shows because they are always so over-dramatized, and I have never really watched Ice Road Truckers more than a few seconds before moving on with the remote control.

Ancient Aliens reminds me of the movie "Plan 9 from Outer Space" in that it's only entertaining at all because it's so incredibly bad.

When I grow up I want to be an Ancient Alien Theorist so I can sit around on my ass and dream up ways to give credit to every detail of human ingenuity and progress to alien technology.

is that even possible?

Yes.

Yes it is.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Alone was good.
View Quote

It's the best new show I've seen in a long time. On any channel.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They're re-running "Texas Rising" soon.
View Quote

I was so disappointed in that show. The most interesting character was Ray Liottas but overall it was a pretty bad miniseries
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I cut the cord earlier this year. Couldn't see paying for hundreds of channels of crap when I only watched less than 10.  I used to like TLC.  Now it should be renamed The Loser Channel.  

The cable execs refuse to change their business model even though their subscribers are plummeting.  People are also fed up with crap reality shows like ice road truckers, but the industry still churns out this junk.
http://www.businessinsider.com/cable-tv-subscribers-plunging-2015-8http://
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#15]
no need to watch Gilligan's Oak Island.
if they find anything significant, we'll know about it long before the editing for the season starts

Forgeries In Fire - Is the History Channels version of Chopped. A some guys with a small shop trying to create a knife on a limited time with a ammo box as a forge. Then the two winners get to go home to small, homemade gas fired forges trying to make a samurai sword in five days. To be tested by chopping through the engine block of a 1965 Rambler. "it will slice. It will dice. It will make cold cuts"

Pawn Starts - "My appraiser said your antique spoon made by Paul Revere passed down in your family for 5 generations is worth $10,000. I will give you $850. "
"How about $28,000?"
"$925 is as high as I can go Chubbie ate at McDonalds today and wrecked my 1951 Porsche at the drive thru and Dad's got hemorrhoid problems."
"Ok, I will take $900, I got to get money to pay for my daughter's dream wedding and holding on this old spoon and telling my daughter to pay for her own wedding she'll get the spoon when I die ain't going too far."

Ice Highway of Death- ok I get it, dangerous, ooooohhhh, scary ooooohhhh, ice popping oooooohhh, gear shifting. I don't need 50 episodes of the same thing to understand. I got it the first time.

Americans Picking your Pocket - I badgered Sam until he sold me this thing for $25. Clean it up and it's worth $875. Too bad Sam was selling stuff to get money for that kidney transplant.

Swamp People - Let's go fishing for alligators. Catch 'em watch 'em roll, shoot 'em. Drag 'em in 'da boat.

Ancient Aliens - See this rock? Aliens. Cars? Alien technology. That mountain over there? Secret Alien base protected by the new world order and the freemasons.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]
SoCal Dentists is airing soon.  Be on the lookout.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Put your TV on the science channel and leave it there.
View Quote

At least until Survivorman starts looking for fucking Bigfoot, then you can turn it off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Penis?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh, well. They haven't screwed up "Vikings" -- yet.

Pissed me off when they killed off Athelstan. But Floki is going to pay, because Ragnar "is a patient man".

And there's still
http://www.telefilm-central.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Vikings-Katheryn-Winnick-Lagertha-Images.jpg
View Quote

That needs a better picture, so we can make sure her elbows are not too pointy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
if they find anything significant, we'll know about it long before the editing for the season starts

Forgeries In Fire - Is the History Channels version of Chopped. A some guys with a small shop trying to create a knife on a limited time with a ammo box as a forge. Then the two winners get to go home to small, homemade gas fired forges trying to make a samurai sword in five days. To be tested by chopping through the engine block of a 1965 Rambler. "it will slice. It will dice. It will make cold cuts"

Pawn Starts - "My appraiser said your antique spoon made by Paul Revere passed down in your family for 5 generations is worth $10,000. I will give you $850. "
"How about $28,000?"
"$925 is as high as I can go Chubbie ate at McDonalds today and wrecked my 1951 Porsche at the drive thru and Dad's got hemorrhoid problems."
"Ok, I will take $900, I got to get money to pay for my daughter's dream wedding and holding on this old spoon and telling my daughter to pay for her own wedding she'll get the spoon when I die ain't going too far."

Ice Highway of Death- ok I get it, dangerous, ooooohhhh, scary ooooohhhh, ice popping oooooohhh, gear shifting. I don't need 50 episodes of the same thing to understand. I got it the first time.

Americans Picking your Pocket - I badgered Sam until he sold me this thing for $25. Clean it up and it's worth $875. Too bad Sam was selling stuff to get money for that kidney transplant.

Swamp People - Let's go fishing for alligators. Catch 'em watch 'em roll, shoot 'em. Drag 'em in 'da boat.

Ancient Aliens - See this rock? Aliens. Cars? Alien technology. That mountain over there? Secret Alien base protected by the new world order and the freemasons.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#21]
"Tactical Accountants".   Mid-season replacement, starts in January.  Remember you heard it here first.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I love the scripted meltdowns they showed in the previews.  Some dude gets pissed and starts punching out a window, and the camera crew just so happened to have a gopro inside the car pointed to the area he was punching.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"How about $28,000?"

View Quote

Pretty good review!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
disconnect your tv from cable and dish and connect it to the net.
View Quote

This is what I did. I don't miss cable at all.

My Roku box and a TV antenna get more than I ever need to watch.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#25]
The History channel is still relevant? Weird.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Who does all the "Tough Alaska" shows? Is it THC or Discovery?

Those people start off every fucking sentence by reminding us how tough you have to be to live there.

I'm sure it's not always easy, but jeez.
View Quote

Do you have ANY idea how fucking hard it is to survive in Alaska when the bikini coffee shack isn't open and you have to settle for Starbucks? Or even worse, when that fucking Amelia bitch in Dutch Harbor won't let you order an avocado milkshake without buying a full meal?

I didn't think so.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I haven't had dish for years.
We can't even get cable here.
I look shit up on the interwebs and watch you boob or Netflix.
Fat Hos,the bald dummie and Chumly,  Two homoes a picking,  they all suck balls.
In a way I am a bit happy.  At least they aren't showing false propaganda and out right lies that they called history.  
Now they can all go suck a dick and so can most of the rest of that horse shit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I gave up on it a long time ago.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#30]
My dad has driven a semi for the last 30 years. My brothers and diesel mechanic. I've been around trucks my whole life. We can tell you that 75% of all the crap that happens on that show is completely made up and fake, or is some crazy negligence. Even stuff like saying they are hauling 50,000 pounds of freight and it's really not even close to that. Just stupid stuff that the average idiot wouldn't notice.

The show is and was in the beginning FAKE!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Unplugged in 2013.

Now if I can only conquer my Arfcom addiction.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#32]
So you're saying it's the same thing it's been for the better part of a decade?

I just watch shit on YouTube now, tons of unique, free content. Fuck TV.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Vikings was great
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Only on History.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Vikings was great
View Quote

It actually got me into Wardruna, the band that plays on the show.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#36]
2015 and still paying for cable?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There is no music on mtv and no history on the history channel.

View Quote

The channels have all kind of blended together into one mass of sameness.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#38]
The other night I was saying to my wife "How is it we have so many channels and nothing worth watching?".  I still find a few things here and there but we watch more stuff on Netflix and Youtube, so I'm thinking our days of pay TV are numbered.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#39]
You should switch over to History 2, or H2, channel now Vice
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I rarely watch the History channel anymore, pretty much saw the writing on the wall back in 2007 when the introduced Ice Road Truckers.  I figured it would tank in a season or two, but now that's the formula for all of their new shows.  Boy was I proven wrong.  

I do still watch H2 now and then and History if they have something besides reality TV fodder.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#41]
I think we are witnessing the death rattle of cable television.  More and more people all the time are getting sick of the crap and canceling it.  In 5 years or less cable will be in serious trouble.

I hope cable internet hangs on though!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Turn James Burke loose with an unlimited budget and restart Connections.    

I loved that show.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#43]
"The Men Who Built America: Traits of a Titan" looks like it may be interesting.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top