Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#1]
And I am its prophet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a bad beer at all and pretty common (in bottles,) at restaurants. Victory Prima Pils is my favorite commercial Pils right behind Weinstaphner Pils but PU is defiantly acceptable.

So, who here knows about BudVar and Budwiser?
View Quote

I drank plenty of Budweiser Budvar before they shortened the name to avoid confusing retarded people.  It's a tasty pilsner too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#3]
OP, what if I told you...

A better Pilsner actually does exist, and it's made in PA.

I know this is difficult to believe, but it's true.

Now, before anyone comes in and says that Prima is too hoppy...  it isn't by much, the beer still tastes fantastic... that, and, anyone that complains any beer is "too hoppy" needs to maybe think about how wrong they are.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#4]

The only thing natty light is good for is drowning garden slugs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmm gotta try me some  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I drank plenty of Budweiser Budvar before they shortened the name to avoid confusing retarded people.  It's a tasty pilsner too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a bad beer at all and pretty common (in bottles,) at restaurants. Victory Prima Pils is my favorite commercial Pils right behind Weinstaphner Pils but PU is defiantly acceptable.

So, who here knows about BudVar and Budwiser?

Yep, I've made a clone of Budvar. Good stuff!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They sell it in cans now too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't say that I disagree with you, OP. If you ever get the chance, you should check it out in country, when it's fresh. World of difference.

I doubt I'll ever be there. There are a few bars here that have it on tap and even that is better than the bottled. As good as bottled is.

Not a fan of green glass for bottled beer.

They changed the packaging of the six packs so the bottles are now completely enclosed, blocked from light.

They sell it in cans now too.

And its glorious. Can't find it local.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://www.americanbeerbuzz.com/media/images/products/VBCPrima.png

Now, before anyone comes in and says that Prima is too hoppy...  it isn't by much, the beer still tastes fantastic... that, and, anyone that complains any beer is "too hoppy" needs to maybe think about how wrong they are.
View Quote

I've had that before. Really good.  

A Pilsner is allowed to be up to 45 IBU's, and this one comes in at 44. So while it is "hoppy" to Bud Light drinkers, it is still within guidelines.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://www.americanbeerbuzz.com/media/images/products/VBCPrima.png

View Quote

Too hoppy. I hate hops though, so there is that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#10]
This is with the new bottle.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#11]
For shits and giggles, with some other Czech things.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw the title of the thread and said "There had better be a picture of Pilsner Urquell in OP's post".

I am satisfied. Carry on.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Queen of the Pilsners, no doubt.  I don't know if you can get Radegast outside the Czeck Republic, but if you can find it you owe yourself a sixer.

Another damned fine example of the style.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Not a bad beer... just got back from the Czech Republic and took a tour of their factory . Got to sample some right out of the barrel .

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top