Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2015 6:28:49 PM EDT
The city’s top cop went on the warpath Monday after a 23-year-old woman got out of her handcuffs and escaped from police custody over the weekend — the latest in a long line of suspects who have given authorities the slip in recent months.

“I’ll make it very clear that the punishment we will be putting in place for these types of events is going to be significant,” NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton told reporters, referring to the cop who was supposed to be guarding escaped prisoner Tiffany Neumann.

Neumann, a California native, successfully sneaked past the police officer on Sunday night while he was assigned to guard her at New York-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital.

“I will not tolerate it as police commissioner, these continued lapses in what should be basic police care in custody of a prisoner,” Bratton said. “The penalties being imposed for the officer who neglected their duties are going to be very significant.”

Neumann had been arrested Saturday after she walked out on her tab at Hi Life Bar and Grill on the Upper West Side, according to police.

She was charged with petit larceny, possession of stolen property and trying to obtain transportation without paying, authorities said.

Neumann was set to be arraigned Sunday when she began complaining of bruising. After also claiming to be pregnant, she was taken to an examination room at the hospital, where she somehow slipped out of her cuffs and escaped at around 9 p.m.

The Story

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Ugh, that is one ugly woman.

Isolated incident.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen more than 1 person slip out of cuffs, break out the window and run before. Some people are like escape artists.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
What?  I thought Tom Selleck was running the show these days.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've seen more than 1 person slip out of cuffs, break out the window and run before. Some people are like escape artists.
View Quote

Someone has to eat the shit sandwich and the patrolman is the lowest on the pole.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
If you put the cuffs on too tight you get a civilian complaint, which might very well be substantiated. You could be sued, lose vacation time, or worse.

Put them on loose enough that some crackhead slips his/her cuffs, and asshole Billy Boy gets personally involved in making your life miserable.

Fuck NYC. I hope so very much it burns very, very soon.

FUCK YOU, PAY ME.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
It still amazes me that Kevin White's driver has risen as far as he has in law enforcement.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Different city.

don't care for either of them
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Might as well be. Bratton is washed up. I don't care what he's done in other cities. That was ages ago.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Someone has to eat the shit sandwich and the patrolman is the lowest on the pole.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're correct, but it may not be entirely his fault, a standard (issued) handcuff won't always go tight enough to fit some of the bony, skin and bones females.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Might as well be. Bratton is washed up. I don't care what he's done in other cities. That was ages ago.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He sold his soul this time around. He's a whore.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#11]
What does NYPD policy and procedure say about inmates that are not admitted to the hospital but are just being seen in the ER?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Bratton? Who is that? Everyone knows the real NYPD Commissioner is Frank Reagan!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You're correct, but it may not be entirely his fault, a standard (issued) handcuff won't always go tight enough to fit some of the bony, skin and bones females.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you. The officer may lack training as well, or have been involved in a situation where he was accused of puttng cuffs on too tight so he is overly cautious.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#14]
What does her body look like before Bratton imposes his sentence?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#15]
“The penalties being imposed for the officer who neglected their duties are going to be very significant.”
View Quote

They always have been.

Quoted:
What does NYPD policy and procedure say about inmates that are not admitted to the hospital but are just being seen in the ER?
View Quote

Inmate? People under arrest are guarded by a cop and handcuffed to the bed frame.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:28:11 AM EDT
[#16]
You never let your guard down
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:30:30 AM EDT
[#17]
You just let Bolivar escape.

We're all doomed now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:38:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They always have been.

Inmate? People under arrest are guarded by a cop and handcuffed to the bed frame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
“The penalties being imposed for the officer who neglected their duties are going to be very significant.”

They always have been.

Quoted:

Completely read it wrong
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#19]
A local deputy a month or so ago had a skinny little meth head female slip out of her cuffs while driving down the highway.  He started pulling over as she kicked out his window, which she dove out of just as he was almost stopped. He ended up having to run her down and sit on her until backup got there, as he was out of cuffs.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:50:06 AM EDT
[#20]
LOL cop thread.

IBTL
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They always have been.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They always have been.

Quoted:

How does the NYPD feel about Joe Cop using flex cuffs?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only seen them authorized during large protests, etc.
Not allowed on regular patrol.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#23]
This thread needs moar leg-irons
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

We had one set for the entire precinct.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was shocked when I read the thread about the cop that face planted the chick after she kicked him, to find out cops didn't keep leg irons on hand, .

Seems dumb to not use such a simple tool prevent someone from kicking.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I was shocked when I read the thread about the cop that face planted the chick after she kicked him, to find out cops didn't keep leg irons on hand, .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cop I worked with bought his own because he was doing a lot of prisoner transports to the hospital, he was told by his Sgt. to stop using them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I've had one run off while cuffed. Found him a few hours later. I charged him with Theft of my handcuffs on top of the other charges. It worked.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Kristen Stewart really is on a downward spiral if she's skipping bar tabs now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Were you trained how to use them?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Nice to see the "Make New York City Ungovernable" campaign churning right along.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It still amazes me that Kevin White's driver has risen as far as he has in law enforcement.

View Quote

Why, imagine all the dirt he witnessed driving a political pimp like White around, then imagine all the dirt he must have helped cover up!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty silly. I guess the bosses figure that fat people and thin people will just do what they're told.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you put the cuffs on too tight you get a civilian complaint, which might very well be substantiated. You could be sued, lose vacation time, or worse.

Put them on loose enough that some crackhead slips his/her cuffs, and asshole Billy Boy gets personally involved in making your life miserable.

FUCK YOU, PAY ME.
View Quote

Im always on board with a Fuck NYC rally
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is a hobble-cord-thingy the same device?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A local deputy a month or so ago had a skinny little meth head female slip out of her cuffs while driving down the highway.  He started pulling over as she kicked out his window, which she dove out of just as he was almost stopped. He ended up having to run her down and sit on her until backup got there, as he was out of cuffs.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

You have to put zip ties on the tweakers and old alcoholic ladies. They're just too mealy for metal cuffs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got jammed once for using one of those.......apparently "Hog Tying" (as the IA complaint read) someone who is actively resisting and Kicking you isnt Friendly enough.  Chief Agreed it was both warranted, and effective...then told me to never ever ever do it again
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I got jammed once for using one of those.......apparently "Hog Tying" (as the IA complaint read) someone who is actively resisting and Kicking you isnt Friendly enough.  Chief Agreed it was both warranted, and effective...then told me to never ever ever do it again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Verboten for us too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I see suspension in the officers future, followed by an injury when officer returns.
Of course that is followed up by early retirement and 3/4's disability pension.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Verboten for us too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Verboten for us too.

Compared to you guys we had LOTS of options.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

FUCK YOU, PAY ME.
View Quote

Add the fact that she is pregnant and any undue stress may put the baby at risk...

At least that is what a lawyer will argue when her drug riddled ass miscarries and they sue looking for money.

What were the charges for the arrest?  If stupid trivial drug possession case then add the escape charges and issue the warrant and be done after handing out a few days of non-paid "punishment" vacation for the cop.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If stupid trivial drug possession case then add the escape charges and issue the warrant and be done after handing out a few days of non-paid "punishment" vacation for the cop.
View Quote

No vacation, they just take some of your paid vacation days off the books.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Add the fact that she is pregnant and any undue stress may put the baby at risk...

At least that is what a lawyer will argue when her drug riddled ass miscarries and they sue looking for money.

What were the charges for the arrest?  If stupid trivial drug possession case then add the escape charges and issue the warrant and be done after handing out a few days of non-paid "punishment" vacation for the cop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK YOU, PAY ME.

You wouldnt believe how many times i had some screaming, actively fighting C-word screaming about how we couldnt touch her because "I'm Pregnant".....as she's kicking and punching at us......Then she fights with the EMT's in the Ambulance, and the Docs, Nurses and Techs in the ER.  We had one that racked up a dozen and a half Assault charges to go with the Robbery Charge (Shoplifter who assaulted the store folks when they stopped her) by the time everything was done (Including the original victims)...was Screaming about being Pregnant while she was being Arragined...until of course the Hospital reports that she wasnt Pregnant..the Judge was NOT amused.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If stupid trivial drug possession case then add the escape charges and issue the warrant and be done after handing out a few days of non-paid "punishment" vacation for the cop.

Do they garnish your wages?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I can't have my wages garnish-ied"
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only place on the internet where Chevy Chase movies are routinely quoted.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are Chevy Chase movie quotes still allowed?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comment.

Reported.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No comment.
Reported.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No comment.
Reported.

Didn't think so.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top