Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/31/2015 5:11:41 PM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1782993

I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I posted this, went and took a shit, and when I refreshed the page it had 50 replies and had been locked. How it was received was not how it was intended. I came in swinging and trying to bust people's balls, but I guess I need to establish myself before doing that.

The background for this is that many of the discussions I see on here remind me a lot of the "Thanksgiving" discussions I have with my dad. He is a very mainstream right wing guy, and I am decidedly more libertarian. I think if I had phrased it in this way it would have been a lot less upsetting.

A little about me. I am a tanker, and it is in fact the best job I have ever had. I grew up bowhunting whitetail south of Atlanta and have shot guns since I was little. I bought my first AR, a DDM4V5, after graduating college and I love shooting. I found ARFCOM a while back and I love it, my wife said the other day "All you do all day is look at pictures of guns, stop torturing yourself." Nope.  

So I apologize for what I said and how it came off, and would take it back if I could. I hope people will forget this in time. I am the furthest thing from a troll, and am absolutely not a reincarnation of some long dead asshole.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you pass the NorCal test?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
No one will forget it,especially Deej.
He remembers everything.

Except you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw "Apology for yesterday" in the thread title and "cowboy" in the username and thought BarstowCowboy was trying to come back already.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No one will forget it,especially Deej.He remembers everything.
Except you.
View Quote

Ok, then that's the way it will be then.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1. Right-wing republicans- Practically all of the old people, most of the LE guys, and many of the military guys. If you are military and old, guaranteed you are here
A. Says things like: "Is it radical to support the constitution?" "Men and women have died fighting for our freedom..." "Judges are too easy on criminals and too hard on the police..." "Why don't we just build a wall?" "Disrespecting the American flag should be a crime" "The Patriot Act and the NSA helps stop terrorists..." "Edward Snowden is a traitor..."
B. You are on ARFCOM bc you grew up with guns, and made the jump to ARs either through your LE/Military job or around 2000. Before that you only had bolt guns bc "ARs are inaccurate." You think the 2nd amendment is the most important in the bill of rights.

2. Libertarians of different flavors- Some hard, some soft, some minarchist, some anarchist. Practically all of the young people, some of the LE guys, many of the military guys.
A. Says things like: "Why don't we legalize marijuana?" "Police have too much power..." "Iraq was a stupid war..." "The federal reserve x & y..." "The TSA is an abomination..." "I think the Constitution is overrated..."
B. You are on ARFCOM because you grew up with bolt guns and maybe a Marlin .22, but like ARs bc you are convinced that there is going to be a revolution and you are going to need it for fighting in it.
C. You were introduced to libertarianism by Ron Paul, but pretend you have been around it for a lot longer.

Am I right or am I wrong?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Muh feels have been hurt again... I can never forgive and I'll never forget..
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I posted this, went and took a shit, and when I refreshed the page it had 50 replies and had been locked. How it was received was not how it was intended. I came in swinging and trying to bust people's balls, but I guess I need to establish myself before doing that.

The background for this is that many of the discussions I see on here remind me a lot of the "Thanksgiving" discussions I have with my dad. He is a very mainstream right wing guy, and I am decidedly more libertarian. I think if I had phrased it in this way it would have been a lot less upsetting.

A little about me. I am a tanker, and it is in fact the best job I have ever had. I grew up bowhunting whitetail south of Atlanta and have shot guns since I was little. I bought my first AR, a DDM4V5, after graduating college and I love shooting. I found ARFCOM a while back and I love it, my wife said the other day "All you do all day is look at pictures of guns, stop torturing yourself." Nope.  

So I apologize for what I said and how it came off, and would take it back if I could. I hope people will forget this in time. I am the furthest thing from a troll, and am absolutely not a reincarnation of some long dead asshole.

View Quote
I see you didn't exclude the newly dead.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#9]
It's unsafe to make any assumptions here. They will inevitably be wrong. The only exception to this rule is "Them". If you've really lurked here as long as all that, you know who they are. You can always depend on them to live up the stereotype.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Except you.

Lol just relax and hang out in the shadows for a while. Posts like this aren't going to help people forget.

I didn't even know about that thread until you made this one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#11]

that was a good thread.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Except you.

I'm just messing with you.simma down now

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]
So, you came here and basically made a bunch of accusations about the members and got piled on for it? WTF did you expect?

I have no idea what you are trying to convey but I accept your apology. Now that I have gotten that out of the way I am going to go have a good cry.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Apology threads generally result in some asshattery. Just he name of the game. Roll with the punches and it will all blow over eventually.

Deej really does remember everything, though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Except you.
View Quote

Heck, I thought this WAS a Deej thread.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Except you.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lol just relax and hang out in the shadows for a while. Posts like this aren't going to help people forget.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Except you.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn!! I missed it...  That's what I get for not coming to GD all that much any more.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Never apologize.

It's luck chuming in shark infested waters.

Post a pic of your girl and get on with it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Dam.
If you started a thread on here with your first post and it was locked your probably headed for some type of legendary status here.
Maybe even site staff eventually.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Saw "Apology for yesterday" in the thread title and "cowboy" in the username and thought BarstowCowboy was trying to come back already.
View Quote

what happened to Barstow cowboy?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Better get some thick skin here. Someone will call you out on anything so be prepared to defend your position.

Especially being a teener.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I missed that thread (probably working outside like a peasant farmer) but I'll accept the apology anyway.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He went out in a blaze of MS Paint glory last night.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Double!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no link, huh? screenshots? IM me
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Except you.

I don't mind people not liking me as long as it is for the right reasons lol. Its already been brought up twice, so I figured might as well. I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong or fucked up

Edit: Besides, that must have been a record or something for fastest thread locked time anyway lol. Honestly, I went and took a shit and came back and was like wtfjust happened haha
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#28]
You'll fit in good.  Offend everyone early on,  big public apology.
Congratulations! Your ready to jump on the newest members case about something.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I don't mind people not liking me as long as it is for the right reasons lol. Its already been brought up twice, so I figured might as well. I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong or fucked up

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except you.

You were wrong,you know.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1. Right-wing republicans- Practically all of the old people, most of the LE guys, and many of the military guys. If you are military and old, guaranteed you are here
A. Says things like: "Is it radical to support the constitution?" "Men and women have died fighting for our freedom..." "Judges are too easy on criminals and too hard on the police..." "Why don't we just build a wall?" "Disrespecting the American flag should be a crime" "The Patriot Act and the NSA helps stop terrorists..." "Edward Snowden is a traitor..."
B. You are on ARFCOM bc you grew up with guns, and made the jump to ARs either through your LE/Military job or around 2000. Before that you only had bolt guns bc "ARs are inaccurate." You think the 2nd amendment is the most important in the bill of rights.

2. Libertarians of different flavors- Some hard, some soft, some minarchist, some anarchist. Practically all of the young people, some of the LE guys, many of the military guys.
A. Says things like: "Why don't we legalize marijuana?" "Police have too much power..." "Iraq was a stupid war..." "The federal reserve x & y..." "The TSA is an abomination..." "I think the Constitution is overrated..."
B. You are on ARFCOM because you grew up with bolt guns and maybe a Marlin .22, but like ARs bc you are convinced that there is going to be a revolution and you are going to need it for fighting in it.
C. You were introduced to libertarianism by Ron Paul, but pretend you have been around it for a lot longer.

Am I right or am I wrong?

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#31]
What the fucking motherfucking fuck is going on here
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Interweb feels matter
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Yea your were definitely wrong with your assumptions but it's all good. We all fuck up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM'd.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#36]

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't see why everyone got so butt hurt over a fng's opinion.

Seems everyone is a little too sensitive, lately.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So this isn't that guy? This is a different Cowboy?

OP, draw your best goat man. Go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

IM'd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM'd.

I'm interested to see what happened, as well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Your stereotypes have alphabetical subsections?
Speed
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I have never made a mistake, so I am unsure of what this "apology" thing is. But o.k., accepted. Surviving in GD is like kicking out your windshield, wrapping your car in chicken wire with a railroad tie for a bumper and then gunning it.
NEVA LOOK BACK
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I like to say this as kindly as possible ... liberals are leading this nation down a path we will never recover from.......

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Not to get personal, but you seem ............................ wishy-washy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I don't see why everyone got so butt hurt over a fng's opinion.

Seems everyone is a little too sensitive, lately.
View Quote

I kind of feel like this too honestly. I didn't even insult anyone's gf/wife/mother/dog or anything. But I guess a double digit post count kind of flips a switch for some people. Not that I shouldn't have said what I said differently, but that's part of why I was taken aback, I got back and

But whatever everything I said above here stands. BTW me and my tank, my beautiful precious tank.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunate coincidence, I'm Afraid
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Most people here have short memories.  Just lay low for a little and everything will blow over.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#47]
So your a CDAT. that explains a lot..
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#48]
If I got to play with a tank like that one, I'd probably have a big shit-eating grin, too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#49]
LOL OP sounds young.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow! How "creative".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top