BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2015 4:16:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not fat and can run a few miles. I also carry a Springfield Operator and shitload of mags and ammo everywhere I go. I'd be ok, maybe.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a lifetime supply of mac and cheese

Ill just stay in the basement and defend the door
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Survival is often a matter of luck and will as it is anything else. Someone who isn't ready to die and is willing to do what is necessary to survive will stand a better chance than those who do not have the will or determination. Being a triathlete won't mean a whole lot if you aren't willing to shove a broken shovel handle through your wife's skull when she rises from the dead and tries to eat you.

Tobias, the fat kid in Fear The Walking Dead had the foresight to gather food, the smarts to know that they should have run from Principal Obama and aggressive mind set to attack when push came to shove. Had he known that you have to destroy the brain and chosen to arm himself with something more than a paring knife then he could have resolved the situation. I think that he would have been suited to survive.

Then again, if you find yourself hemmed in then you could be a Ninja SEAL and you'd still be fucked.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If zombies attack where the fuck are you going to run to?  I think it'd be best to have a fortified position.  Maybe...I dunno this sheeit.  lol
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Not fat.

But I would be the guy that would die of an infected paper cut I got from opening a box of ammo or something stupid like that.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not fat and can run a few miles. I also carry a Springfield Operator and shitload of mags and ammo everywhere I go. I'd be ok, maybe.
View Quote
Your ammo will eventually run out, so your brain will get ate just like the rest of us.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no brains, so I would be safe. Unfortunately it would only be me and politicians left on the planet, so I'd probably off myself anyway
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Your ammo will eventually run out, so your brain will get ate just like the rest of us.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I understand. How does one "run out of ammo"? I carry around enough to fight my way back to the ammo fort in the basement, where there are more bullets than there are people [potential zombies] in my town.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why you have melee weapons, sir.  No ammo needed.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Okay let's assume the half of us who aren't in the military and can't run a quarter mile manage to hide in our cellars full of mac and cheese until the initial chaos is over. We were talking about the fat high school kid in Fear the Walking Dead in the other thread. Would a bunch of us be better off not being able to buy big macs and cheetos and not being able to support ourselves sitting at a desk (or courtroom or tractor trailer etc) all day sufficiently that it would outweigh the chances of being bit (those zombies are pretty pokey), dying of appendicitis or having a rotted out bridge fall from under or on us?
View Quote

Without proper medical care people will just not live as long for exactly the reasons you listed. People get appendicitis, gall stones, dental problems and whole list of other things that WILL kill you without medical treatment. It would go back to the way it was when people typically only lived into their 30's or 40's, only people would not be being reborn to keep things going, so it would mean the end of us a few decades down the road. But you could survive until the zombies had for the most part rotted away to being a non-threat.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Rule #1

Cardio
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't even count that in my weapons collection! As it happens, I have my 23oz. milled-face Vaughn California Framer with me as well. I could smash a pile of zombie faces with that thing.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That's why having a bayonet lug on your gun is super important.

https://youtu.be/-cL7QGdRjuo
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why having a bayonet lug on your gun is super important.

https://youtu.be/-cL7QGdRjuo

Are these available on your website?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Have you been eating bad fish?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#17]
If society collapsed and modern pharmaceuticals disappeared then the countdown to my slow painful death would begin.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm 50 and except for a toe I broke in a motorcycle accident have never had any illness or injury that would have killed me without medical treatment. I guess the toe would not have killed me but I would have been walking funny unless I chopped it off after it would have healed wrong, I guess.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay let's assume the half of us who aren't in the military and can't run a quarter mile manage to hide in our cellars full of mac and cheese until the initial chaos is over. We were talking about the fat high school kid in Fear the Walking Dead in the other thread. Would a bunch of us be better off not being able to buy big macs and cheetos and not being able to support ourselves sitting at a desk (or courtroom or tractor trailer etc) all day sufficiently that it would outweigh the chances of being bit (those zombies are pretty pokey), dying of appendicitis or having a rotted out bridge fall from under or on us?

Without proper medical care people will just not live as long for exactly the reasons you listed. People get appendicitis, gall stones, dental problems and whole list of other things that WILL kill you without medical treatment. It would go back to the way it was when people typically only lived into their 30's or 40's, only people would not be being reborn to keep things going, so it would mean the end of us a few decades down the road. But you could survive until the zombies had for the most part rotted away to being a non-threat.
I'm 50 and except for a toe I broke in a motorcycle accident have never had any illness or injury that would have killed me without medical treatment. I guess the toe would not have killed me but I would have been walking funny unless I chopped it off after it would have healed wrong, I guess.  

Some people do not have problems like I described but enough do it would end things.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#20]
If you can make it past the first month or so, should be easy going after that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Survival is often a matter of luck and will as it is anything else. Someone who isn't ready to die and is willing to do what is necessary to survive will stand a better chance than those who do not have the will or determination. Being a triathlete won't mean a whole lot if you aren't willing to shove a broken shovel handle through your wife's skull when she rises from the dead and tries to eat you.

Tobias, the fat kid in Fear The Walking Dead had the foresight to gather food, the smarts to know that they should have run from Principal Obama and aggressive mind set to attack when push came to shove. Had he known that you have to destroy the brain and chosen to arm himself with something more than a paring knife then he could have resolved the situation. I think that he would have been suited to survive.

Then again, if you find yourself hemmed in then you could be a Ninja SEAL and you'd still be fucked.

View Quote

Tobias is the Deus ex machina character of the show.

He's the ARFcom GD Summer Vacation poster boy.

All of his information has been solid so far.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I rule the high ground in my condo complex.  Easy enough to block off the two stairwells and survive unless the zombies learn how to operate an elevator, but I'm guessing that the power would be off anyhow.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Zombies like penguin meat
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd be OK for a few days. I've got a few guns and some ammo that should last a couple of days. After that I'm either zombie food or eating the last bullet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, except for the part where he tried to stab one to death in the chest with a POS "knife", and it nearly ate him for his trouble.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#27]
More so than speed, my wife and kids would drag me down waaay to fast.  Would have to bug in.  I would die defending them
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#28]
My zombie survival plan is evacuation via spaceship. I'll ride-out the outbreak on Luna.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I'm not fat and can run a few miles. I also carry a Springfield Operator G19 and shitload of mags and ammo everywhere I go. I'd be ok, maybe.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm .mil so I'm outside the scope of the poll.  Voted Braaaaains.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Fortify, fortify, fortify.

Don't leave home for anything.  You should have 3 months of food on hand at all times anyway.

Stay quiet, don't go outside and you should be fine til the horde moves on.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Fat smart guy > dumb zombie
If you can keep you head you'll be ok (unless its WWZ zombies; then youre fucked fatty)

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Meh, there will be so many people jumping at the chance to kill some zombies that any zombie outbreak will be decimated before the world knows.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I would have tons of 22 ammo, high cap mags and several Ruger MK2s and a 10/22 all with silencers. I would go anywhere I wanted to and devastate the fucking zombies as I went. Generally speaking, I would board a large sailboat fully stocked with sammich making materials, good looking womens as crew. I would wait it out offshore.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I think Most would be fine.. Some would die due to body failure, stupidity, murder or random chance.

Same as in any other disaster.

The next generation after would have it much harder, no first world tech to support them during childhood.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#36]
The American fast food diet doesn't promote healthy eating.
The stress alone would cause many  peoples eating habits to alter even if food were readily available.
Add in having to walk or bike places they sued to drive or use mass transit for....
yeah, in a perverse way it would be doing some people a favor
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Don't leave home for anything.  You should have 3 months of food on hand at all times anyway.

View Quote

3 months, lol....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

3 months, lol....
View Quote

Considering the average house only has 3 weeks worth of food now, it's a goal to start with.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Meh.  In the event of a zombie apocalypse, my plan is to turn early and get in on the ground floor.  I ain't gonna be no starving survivor hoping to make head shots with my dwindling ammo supply---I'm gonna be a zombie general.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Meh, there will be so many people jumping at the chance to kill some zombies that any zombie outbreak will be decimated before the world knows.
View Quote

Decimated eh?

Then the 90% that are left eat your face.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Throw some furnishings out on the front yard, set your house on fire (and then put it out - just so it looks scorched), and spray paint "TWO BODIES" on the front door.  Make it look like it's already been looted or like there might be zombies inside.  Then maintain blackout conditions and keep a look out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Meh.  In the event of a zombie apocalypse, my plan is to turn early and get in on the ground floor.  I ain't gonna be no starving survivor hoping to make head shots with my dwindling ammo supply---I'm gonna be a zombie general.
View Quote
I like your gumption!

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

3 months, lol....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 months, lol....

That's just a minimum amount.  It doesn't take much space to keep 3 months worth of food.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Throw some furnishings out on the front yard, set your house on fire (and then put it out - just so it looks scorched), and spray paint "TWO BODIES" on the front door.  Make it look like it's already been looted or like there might be zombies inside.  Then maintain blackout conditions and keep a look out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NICE!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I’m confident I could last with my preps and stores. Especially if we’re talking walking dead zombies. 28 days later zombies are a whole other ball game.

After seeing how many guy’s don’t even have their red dot sighted in starting a carbine class I have my doubts about fellow rifleman.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
In Dawn of the Dead i believe the zombies could smell the yummy smell of live brains, that's why there were thousands of them waiting outside that mall for them, they will still be there after 3 months when your food runs out.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Considering the average house only has 3 weeks worth of food now, it's a goal to start with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 months, lol....

I totally agree with that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's just a minimum amount.  It doesn't take much space to keep 3 months worth of food.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 months, lol....

That's why I laughed. No offense intended. You didn't say in your Op that is was a minimum. I agree that a minimum of 3 months would be great.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top