Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 3:00:32 PM EDT

I just found out that a friend of mine was attacked Saturday afternoon. My friend pulled into a parking spot at our campus library and when he returned a few hours later the driver of the car next to his was waiting for him. Apparently the driver thought he was the one that had scratched the side of his car and decided to stick around to teach him a lesson. The driver started yelling at him, sucker punched him, and then kicked him while he went to the ground. Now my friend has an orbital fracture, a broke nose, and some broke ribs. That POS was willing to potentially kill someone over what would have been a minor insurance claim.

Just another reminder that there are some really unhinged individuals walking among us.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
needs more 45degree blading...amore blades...or more firearms...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
damn dude that's fucked up.

I just keep a hammer in my car for others vehicles that I believe scratched or dented mine
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Reactionary gap at all times, if not its on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
POS get caught?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]
My cousin had close to the same happen. He walked out of a bar and 3 guys jumped. They beat him up pretty bad and one finally said. "Hey, this is the wrong guy!"
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
POS get caught?  
View Quote

No idea.

Hopefully the campus PD can pull the security cameras and get the guy's license plate.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Gun Free Zones!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
My mom sat on the jury of an assault trial. The defendant walked into a local bar, pulled out a knife and slit a guys throat. The victim lived because he was kinda big and he slumped his head down to keep the wound pretty much closed. The slashers defense? He thought the victim was someone else.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully they can catch that idiot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just found out that a friend of mine was attacked Saturday afternoon. My friend pulled into a parking spot at our campus library and when he returned a few hours later the driver of the car next to his was waiting for him. Apparently the driver thought he was the one that had scratched the side of his car and decided to stick around to teach him a lesson. The driver started yelling at him, sucker punched him, and then kicked him while he went to the ground. Now my friend has an orbital fracture, a broke nose, and some broke ribs. That POS was willing to potentially kill someone over what would have been a minor insurance claim.

Just another reminder that there are some really unhinged individuals walking among us.
View Quote

Sounds like someone needs to wait by the attacker's car and give him some morals.  Not that I advocate that type of illegal behavior, but it would certainly be just.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I just keep a hammer in my car for others vehicles that I believe scratched or dented mine
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Why wasn't your friend's head on a swivel?  Sounds like he needs to stay frosty and up his SA ASAP.  Oh, and always carry, always.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry about your friend man. Hope they catche the moron.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#15]
The only serious fight I was in was over mistaken identity.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why wasn't your friend's head on a swivel?  Sounds like he needs to stay frosty and up his SA ASAP.  Oh, and always carry, always.
View Quote

You can't carry at a lot of college campuses.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you just would have smashed this guys car up who did nothing  I hope my sarcasm meter is just broken.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#18]
There is a guy around my AO that's doing time for a mistaken identity ambush beating.  Followed the guy to the bathroom and beat him pretty badly.

Defended himself in court.  His only defense was; how do you know he didn't swing first.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Sounds a lot like a typical hot headed college kid.
Lots of billy bad asses running around on college campuses at that age.

Hope your friend fully recovers.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please see section in red.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No idea.

Hopefully the campus PD can pull the security cameras and get the guy's license plate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
POS get caught?  

No idea.

If its ISU I wouldn't bet on it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was sarcasm getting in before the Tier 1 operators from the news crew ambush showed up.

Great.  Now I have to also add "concealed means concealed"
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#23]
sounds like there is more to the story.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
POS get caught?  

No idea.

Same with IU, those campus clowns couldn't find the donut shop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
POS get caught?  

No idea.

From where I think he was talking about there's really no cameras with a good line of sight.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are some that you can. You could go there. Or there's always "concealed means concealed" .
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can if you value your life. I would be insta-expelled from school if caught but fuck it........

there's always UofP because so many here say it's just as good.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Shit like this is why I always have a weapon. So glad campus carry is finally going to be legal here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#29]
This is also a reason that I never park on campus. I would rather park on the lit main drag on the edge of campus and walk. My college in the university is almost completely off campus.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yet GD is consistently suggesting that people who don't confront others for perceived wrongs are pussies
View Quote

But your honor!  He DISSED MY WOMAN!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My mom sat on the jury of an assault trial. The defendant walked into a local bar, pulled out a knife and slit a guys throat. The victim lived because he was kinda big and he slumped his head down to keep the wound pretty much closed. The slashers defense? He thought the victim was someone else.
View Quote

well, WTF was the verdict?!?!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The only serious fight I was in was over mistaken identity.
View Quote

Same here.

Hope your friend recovers, OP.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#33]
situational awareness.  Head on a swivel.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

This is also a reason that I never park on campus. I would rather park on the lit main drag on the edge of campus and walk. My college in the university is almost completely off campus.
View Quote
Wish I could do that. The Washington Administrative Code applies to all of their buildings including their hospitals, offices, and satellite campuses.

Sitting around today and was thinking about school which starts on 30th. Kind of fucked up that the only thing that excites me at this point is the teriyaki place near school.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Same thing happened to my dad many years ago.  

He walked into a bar in a town he was passing through. The bar was across the street from his motel and he thought he might drink a beer or three.  He never even saw the guy that hit him. His eyes hadn't adjusted to the dark bar yet.  

Cops showed up and arrested the assailant and they got statements. Seems dad sorta looked like a guy that had done something to the guy.  

Mistaken identity just like OP.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#36]
This thread is filled with stories of mistaken identities and people beaten because of them.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are still in deliberation.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No idea.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
POS get caught?  

No idea.

Does your friend remember the make, model, and color of the vehicle?

Chances are good he works or has class in a building near that lot. Find the car.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with the part in red.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wish I could do that. The Washington Administrative Code applies to all of their buildings including their hospitals, offices, and satellite campuses.

Sitting around today and was thinking about school which starts on 30th. Kind of fucked up that the only thing that excites me at this point is the teriyaki place near school.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Main drag is a city street. University rules have no bearing there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#41]
whoops.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#42]
"God made man.  Sam Colt made them equal."

If you can't fight with your fists, have the ability to put your assailant in the ground.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

^^   ^^

Sorry to hear about your friend, OP. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and the cops catch the jackass who did this.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top