[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wonder if they are making a play for a larger voter base
View Quote

That is what they usually do.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
But does it do anything to protect users and their gun rights? thats the question...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:  But does it do anything to protect users and their gun rights? thats the question...
View Quote

One would think so.  If you have a legitimate prescription from a state licensed doctor.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Philip Morris Inc , is all for it.

See the politicians play for pay.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

One would think so.  If you have a legitimate prescription from a state licensed doctor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  But does it do anything to protect users and their gun rights? thats the question...

I have been told that currently a med card in AK is good to go for guns on the state level, but still violates fed law..not sure if true, but makes sense considering feds rule..this legislation would need a specific disqualified I think to allow med users to retain gun rights...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#8]
so, now can the states still ban medical MJ or do they have to allow it now?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wonder if they are making a play for a larger voter base
View Quote

Perhaps. Prohibition wasn't too popular the first time around either, and undermined the idea of other laws being valid, as well.

I have to say, in the nine or so month since this article was posted not a lot has changed. Why bring it up now?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Just kidding of course.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But does it do anything to protect users and their gun rights? thats the question...
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have been told that currently a med card in AK is good to go for guns on the state level, but still violates fed law..not sure if true, but makes sense considering feds rule..this legislation would need a specific disqualified I think to allow med users to retain gun rights...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as it's schedule 1 it has "no legitimate medical use" AFAIK, prescriptions don't mean jack shit so I would think federal charges for guns + MJ are possible.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
so, now can the states still ban medical MJ or do they have to allow it now?
View Quote

Still up to the states.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I am confused.  Since the date on the article is 12/16/2014 is this a serious thread?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am confused.  Since the date on the article is 12/16/2014 is this a serious thread?
View Quote

This is old news.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No

That would be my guess too.....

Only reason I even mentioned it is it was suggested as a possible help for me for the 2.5 year headache I have endured...but being against illicit drug use it won't be tried by me.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone got a link to the actual bill/language? Seems like it's another one of those "we're not paying for enforcement" deals where it's still technically illegal.

ETA - Nevermind, covered above, old article.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:42:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  Currently if you are a MMJ user and you complete a 4473, you either are lying on question 11e or you are not getting approved
This seems like it would make that a moot point.  Wonder if there will be an ATF update sent out on this
View Quote

11e is only asking if one is an unlawful user of or addicted to.  As long as you have a prescription in a state where such is legal, and you're not addicted to it, you're not lying.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:50:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

11e is only asking if one is an unlawful user of or addicted to.  As long as you have a prescription in a state where such is legal, and you're not addicted to it, you're not lying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Currently if you are a MMJ user and you complete a 4473, you either are lying on question 11e or you are not getting approved
This seems like it would make that a moot point.  Wonder if there will be an ATF update sent out on this

Hmmm, somebody should write a letter asking for clarification.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:04:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good call. Do we have anyone with any experience sending them hamfisted letters that would be willing to check in on that for us?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top