Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2015 11:00:38 AM EDT
And let me tell you that not only does George C Scott's performance still hold up to this day, to me it emphasizes precisely one aspect of what is wrong with this country.  Hell in his speech at the beginning talking about how America loves to fight and how we don't tolerate losers, my god what a stark contrast to what we have today.  Today we're all about not hurting anyone's feelings, singing kumbaya with terrorists, and giving in to nation states that sponsor it all on the altar of political correctness.  I think my favorite part is when they got to the scene where Patton kicks the soldier's ass out of the tent and back to the front lines.

What's even more damning is just how so many people in high positions of authority today style themselves as leaders.  They always talk about good qualities a leader presents and thus demonstrate that they themselves fit that position.  The vast majority of these people are not leaders; they are managers or administrators.  They're good at telling people what to do, creating policies, outlining ways of doing something, but leaders?  No, they aren't leaders.  

Patton was a leader.  

The next time any of you watch a presidential debate this year, or watch someone talking about their campaign for Congress or the Senate, compare what they say and how they act to the things Patton said.  Hell you don't even have to look up his actual quotes; if you're lazy, just use the movie for a reference because it's reasonably close.  What's even more remarkable is it's a freaking movie!  An actor in a damn movie is displaying more leadership qualities than most everyone in Washington today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top