Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2015 7:59:33 AM EDT
Police Commissioner Bill Bratton has nothing but warm words for Mayor de?Blasio, staunchly defending the oft-criticized mayor in a new interview.

“There’s nothing we’ve disagreed on in the months I’ve worked for him,” Bratton tells The New Yorker in this week’s issue, which hits the stands on Monday. “He’s done more for police than any mayor I’ve served in 30 years.”

In the article, Bratton’s deputy commissioner for intelligence, John Miller, contrasts de Blasio’s “collaborative” style with that of former boss Rudy Giuliani.

“Mayor de Blasio is very comfortable conducting an orchestra,” Miller said. “Giuliani was a soloist. He didn’t like any instruments to play too loud.”

Bratton added that the Big Apple’s wealthy “1-percenters have a significant dislike” of de Blasio after Hizzoner prodded them to give more of their income to lower-income citizens.

But “they have a hard time pointing to anything negative he’s done,” Bratton said.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#1]
There will always be a brown nose opportunist.
Bratton is one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I see some mayonnaise on his shirt.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#4]
DON PEEBLES 2017 !!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DON PEEBLES 2017 !!!
View Quote
Can't be as bad as that guy
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#6]
“He’s done more for police than any mayor I’ve served in 30 years.”

He has to be in the evidence room sampling some hard shit
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#7]
No wonder they fuse so well.

They're both imminently unlikeable.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No wonder they fuse so well.
They're both imminently unlikeable.
View Quote

Bratton was good back in '94-'96 (except for Compstat) but I guess he learned his lesson from Rudy about not going along with the boss.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
“He’s done more for police than any mayor I’ve served in 30 years.”

He has to be in the evidence room sampling some hard shit
View Quote

With the mayor.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#10]
You see the former reporter making a play? Would that not be ironic to hire that guy if Bratton is afraid of his job getting axed? He weaseled his way to a top cop job without ever walking a beat

In the article, Bratton’s deputy commissioner for intelligence, John Miller, contrasts de Blasio’s “collaborative” style with that of former boss Rudy Giuliani.

“Mayor de Blasio is very comfortable conducting an orchestra,” Miller said. “Giuliani was a soloist. He didn’t like any instruments to play too loud.”
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You see the former reporter making a play? Would that not be ironic to hire that guy if Bratton is afraid of his job getting axed? He weaseled his way to a top cop job without ever walking a beat
View Quote

I never understood their fascination with Miller.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top