Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 10:53:57 PM EDT
For the umpteenth time this year I've thrown my back out. Can't lift anything like I used to without injury and this time I was just dragging a pallet with 70lbs on it a few feet.

I have a $30.00 amazon special but it doesn't work very well and always rides up.  I'm 5'10 and about 150lbs so pretty small framed.   Any suggestions on a tier 1 back brace???
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Listen to your back
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I did it again today loading the truck.
I have a large collection of braces but there never around when I need them.
I have a soft neoprene one that's the most comfortable but hot that seems the mos effective.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Listen to your back
View Quote

FPNI. Back braces give one a false sense of invincibility and you will do stupid shit you really shouldn't, ask me how I painfully know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Rest lots of rest the back is a tricky thing don't take care you will be in pain for the rest of your life
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had 5 low back surgeries including 2 fusions.  My back brace is similar to the one I have linked to.  Not cheap but great support.
http://www.tenspros.com/Premium-Back-Brace-with-Adjustable-Compression-More-Lumbar-Support-Coded-L0631-_p_322.html
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:51:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FPNI. Back braces give one a false sense of invincibility and you will do stupid shit you really shouldn't, ask me how I painfully know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Listen to your back

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Physical therapy could help.  It helped me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:00:07 AM EDT
[#8]
More deadlifts and squats. and pull stuff with proper form. Which I'm sure you were not using.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Find somebody working with a physical therapy clinic or a personal trainer that can test you with the FMS or NASM tests. I imagine that you don't do many core stability exercises.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#10]
It won't help. Seriously peer reviewed research says f
So. Stretching, strength training, form and mechanical advantage. Use a pallet jack.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#11]
If 'back braces' actually WORKED, the MD's would have MILLIONS of people wearing very expensive ones.

But they don't work. Obviously.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Listen to your back
View Quote
You need to build your core, no other simpler answer.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Welcome to Snap City
OP:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top