Quoted:
snipped

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
go away, CRC
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Jeff Davis and Woodrow Wilson? Guess UT doesn't like Democrats either.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Copy paper thread
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Austin isn't Texas.
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
At what point has America expunged history like this before?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
sigh
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#10]
the Ellis County courthouse in Waxahachie has civil war statues around it as do all the Texas courthouses built during that era ( late 19th century.
I wonder if the crybabies will nut up and start whining about them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That's a shame. I walked right past those statues (Davis and Wilson) every day when I was a student there in the 1960's. That was an age of radicalism, but nobody objected to Davis then.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:36:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Ill take it for my yard!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#13]
And people say that texas won't turn into california
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And people say that texas won't turn into california
View Quote

Austin and the UT campus would fit right in anywhere in Cali.

Unfortunately.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Austin isn't Texas.
View Quote

I've been there many times. This seems to be an accurate statement.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Ugh

One of those threads
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

THIS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Austin isn't Texas.

THIS

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hammermill thread.

View Quote

Quote for truth, and before original post gets Black Op'ed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Good, he supported a cause that was the low point of liberty in America and that led to more American deaths than any other conflict in our nations history.

The soldiers, generals, and battle flags of the confederacy may still deserve some respect, none is owed to its government or politicians.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

What.The.Fuck?

Unpossible.
View Quote

no kidding, Hammermill is still posting

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hammermill thread.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#24]
One will be a link to a DU post, the other will be a question with a classic conservative trigger topic like "are black welfare recipients more important than white business owners".
View Quote

Said it before.  I was wrong.  TWO conservative feels topics and no DU.  Sorry, everyone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Is this one of those threads where the OP posts then abandons?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Been living here for 55+ years.  I have a few questions for the pro-Davis crowd.

1.  What did Davis ever do for Texas?
2.  Why do you think we ought to have a statue of a man who had virtually nothing to do with Texas and who believed in enslavement on the grounds of a State university?
3.  What are we dishonoring if the statue is moved to some sort of out-of-the-way park?

I just don't get it.  BTW, an ancestor of mine served in the Missouri Volunteer Cavalry during the Insurrection.  My brother knows his name.  

BTW, I don't think we ought to have statues to Lincoln, TR, Wilson, or FDR anywhere.  They trampled on the Constitution back in the day when it still meant something.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#27]
UT Austin needs to explore diverse points of view and historical perspectives.  The presence of Davis's statue would make them think.  That, of course is abhorrent to the Progressive Talibans and ISIS disciples who run the school.  Jefferson Davis was extremely well educated, literate, and well written.  I suggest that a majority of students at the school would be incapable of reading a selection of his works and writing a coherent rebuttal.  

Again, the reason that progressive institutions tolerate and import and promote degeneracy and treasonous concepts is to expose the student body to "diverse" thought and lifestyles.  So, amongst all the treason and degeneracy that UT Austin tolerates and promotes, what is it about the Jeff Davis that they fear?

And, by the way, Texas is a good place for a Davis statue.  The title of the book that "Outlaw Josey Wales" was based on was, "Gone to Texas."  GTT (gone to Texas) was a symbol people carved on their front door in Missouri and Kansas to let relatives returning from the Civil War that they had cut out and were making a run for Texas rather than live under Federal oppression.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Been living here for 55+ years.  I have a few questions for the pro-Davis crowd.

2.  Why do you think we ought to have a statue of a man who had virtually nothing to do with Texas and who believed in enslavement on the grounds of a State university?

3.  What are we dishonoring if the statue is moved to some sort of out-of-the-way park?

I just don't get it.  BTW, an ancestor of mine served in the Missouri Volunteer Cavalry during the Insurrection.  My brother knows his name.  

BTW, I don't think we ought to have statues to Lincoln, TR, Wilson, or FDR anywhere.  They trampled on the Constitution back in the day when it still meant something.
View Quote

Exactly. There's a long list of Texans who have done way more for the state than Davis ever did.

Still, I think that the best compromise would be replacing it with a statue of GWB. Now that would really get Austinites mad.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

UT Austin needs to explore diverse points of view and historical perspectives.  The presence of Davis's statue would make them think.  That, of course is abhorrent to the Progressive Talibans and ISIS disciples who run the school.  Jefferson Davis was extremely well educated, literate, and well written.  I suggest that a majority of students at the school would be incapable of reading a selection of his works and writing a coherent rebuttal.  

Again, the reason that progressive institutions tolerate and import and promote degeneracy and treasonous concepts is to expose the student body to "diverse" thought and lifestyles.  So, amongst all the treason and degeneracy that UT Austin tolerates and promotes, what is it about the Jeff Davis that they fear?

And, by the way, Texas is a good place for a Davis statue.  The title of the book that "Outlaw Josey Wales" was based on was, "Gone to Texas."  GTT (gone to Texas) was a symbol people carved on their front door in Missouri and Kansas to let relatives returning from the Civil War that they had cut out and were making a run for Texas rather than live under Federal oppression.
View Quote

That makes absolutely no sense. Texas was subject to Reconstruction along with the rest of the former Confederacy.

GTT was used by people moving to Mexican Texas or the Republic prior to the Civil War. That's what my ancestors did.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
At what point has America expunged history like this before?
View Quote

These are the spiritual descendants of the folks that brought the world the Russian Revolution and the Soviet Empire
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Purging of Democrat history.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Meh.  We still have a fort and a county named after the guy.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Given that it was constantly being defaced perhaps it was best it was moved to a safer spot in a on-site museum.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Once the libs take control, I see a future where we have no past.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Austin isn't Texas.
View Quote

read headline...knew Austin was the culprit.

Fucking bastion of liberals right there...

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#38]
this happened last week actually, and it wasn't completely removed, just moved to a less prominent spot on campus.  i'm sure the latin american students association is hard at work to get cesar chavez or Che in place of the Davis statue.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#39]
If you ignore someone, it would be nice if threads that were started by that person didn't appear in your list of active topics.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

But that's not happening, is it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Texas doesn't like democrats
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

He commanded a Mississippi volunteer regiment on the Rio Grande during the Mexican War and was Texas' president for a few years?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#43]
This is the Lefty's Nazi version of the "Book Burnings."
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Are they going to change the name of Jeff Davis County next?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Ashamed to be an alumni
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#46]
I notice the article doesn't mention the four other statues, including Robert E Lee,  that will remain in place because they have actual ties to Texas.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Another tranny thread?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Texas doesn't like democrats
View Quote

Don't be thick.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Are they going to change the name of Jeff Davis County next?
View Quote
I'm kinda surprised that hasn't come up yet.  Either way, Davis did expand the fort system that protected the wagon routes across the western parts of the state during his time as Secretary of War.  

He actually did some good things for the US Army, increasing pay, expanding the size of the Army, and transitioning to rifled muskets.  

It's amazing to me how many people seem to think that the Confederate leadership sprang from the Earth fully-formed as secessionists and in no way led successful (and patriotic) lives as US citizens prior to 1861.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
this happened last week actually, and it wasn't completely removed, just moved to a less prominent spot on campus.  i'm sure the latin american students association is hard at work to get cesar chavez or Che in place of the Davis statue.
View Quote

Cesar Chavez was violently anti-immigrant.   Why would they want his statue?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top