Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 8/28/2015 9:45:13 PM EDT
Not just AWOL, vanished and never left the building...

I work in an office environment; it's a glorified cube farm about 200ft long and 50ft wide.  Production/assembly is done on site, production is slightly bigger than the office side.  It's a relatively open, clean, and very bright environment, shitload of closets, a few larger rooms, a few storage rooms, and a small finished goods/stock room.  There's also a lab area that's composed of multiple rooms and teaching areas, but as a whole it's still pretty open feeling.  Imagine a walmart with rooms/closets against two sides. The building is a suite, as in it's a huge building with other businesses within it.  There's four exits including the shipping dock, and only one fire door that will lead to a massive hallway that straddle a bunch of the different businesses.  Every single door down that hallway is locked, no one uses it or ever goes in it.  If you go out that door, you're locked out (I do all the time because there's a glorious hidden shitter down that hallway).  Also, we employ about 110 people.

I left work around 3pm.  About 5:30 my boss texts me and says "you know that kid who sits in front of xxxxx?  he's missing".  This confused the shit out of me, he's a college intern, but still an adult.  How is an adult "missing" when he's been out of work for an hour?  If he just said fuck this and went AWOL, my boss wouldn't be texting me.  The kid sits 20ft in front of me, I walk by him every time I go to/from my desk.  He's a super quiet asian kid, literally never heard him talk or interact with anyone, been there a couple months.  His boss comes over to talk to him once or twice a day, but that's it.  He only sits in our area because it was one of the only open areas left.  He's a software tester so we have zero reason to interact.  

My boss texted me back and said "He was here today, clocked in, and can only be accounted for up until 11am.  He was paged at 3pm, his cell phone and keys are on his desk, cops just went through the security cameras and he never left the building.  There's 3 cops and a detective there now.  He fucking vanished.  His car is still here, they checked his trunk, the shitters, closets, oven, etc. nothing".  The dickhead in me without skipping a beat texted back "Ho Lee Fuk, Sum Ting Wong", the instant I sent it my boss texts me "maybe xxxxx had chinese for lunch".  

Seriously, WTF.  All I know is if they don't find him by monday, people are going to anticipate finding a dead body somewhere in work and production is going to have all kinds of crazy conspiracies cooked up.  

This is now a safe thread until further notice.  Leading theory is dragons.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Crazy shit!

IN!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Ceiling Asian is watching you masturbate.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not just AWOL, vanished and never left the building...

I work in an office environment; it's a glorified cube farm about 200ft long and 50ft wide.  Production/assembly is done on site, production is slightly bigger than the office side.  It's a relatively open, clean, and very bright environment, shitload of closets, a few larger rooms, a few storage rooms, and a small finished goods/stock room.  There's also a lab area that's composed of multiple rooms and teaching areas, but as a whole it's still pretty open feeling.  Imagine a walmart with rooms/closets against two sides. The building is a suite, as in it's a huge building with other businesses within it.  There's four exits including the shipping dock, and only one fire door that will lead to a massive hallway that straddle a bunch of the different businesses.  Every single door down that hallway is locked, no one uses it or ever goes in it.  If you go out that door, you're locked out (I do all the time because there's a glorious hidden shitter down that hallway).  Also, we employ about 110 people.

I left work around 3pm.  About 5:30 my boss texts me and says "you know that kid who sits in front of xxxxx?  he's missing".  This confused the shit out of me, he's a college intern, but still an adult.  How is an adult "missing" when he's been out of work for an hour?  If he just said fuck this and went AWOL, my boss wouldn't be texting me.  The kid sits 20ft in front of me, I walk by him every time I go to/from my desk.  He's a super quiet asian kid, literally never heard him talk or interact with anyone, been there a couple months.  His boss comes over to talk to him once or twice a day, but that's it.  He only sits in our area because it was one of the only open areas left.  He's a software tester so we have zero reason to interact.  

My boss texted me back and said "He was here today, clocked in, and can only be accounted for up until 11am.  He was paged at 3pm, his cell phone and keys are on his desk, cops just went through the security cameras and he never left the building.  There's 3 cops and a detective there now.  He fucking vanished.  His car is still here, they checked his trunk, the shitters, closets, oven, etc. nothing".  The dickhead in me without skipping a beat texted back "Ho Lee Fuk, Sum Ting Wong", the instant I sent it my boss texts me "maybe xxxxx had chinese for lunch".  

Seriously, WTF.  All I know is if they don't find him by monday, people are going to anticipate finding a dead body somewhere in work and production is going to have all kinds of crazy conspiracies cooked up.  

This is now a safe thread until further notice.  Leading theory is dragons.
View Quote

This has the potential to be epic...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Day 1
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope he's found safe

This is weird
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Communist cell was activated, disguise donned, he walked out the front.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you guys check the ceiling above the womens room?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]
DAMN IT!!!!

in
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Tag for the updates.

My intern left recently.  Cute blonde girl...did very well.  Was sad to see her go
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Safe thread.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Weird.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Check the ceiling tiles over the womens bathroom
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't worry the smell will lead you to his corpse.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Last one like this that I remember they found the lady in the walls.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Dragons?

Eta: likely
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Auto erotic asphixiation?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I laughed way harder than I should have at that text hahahaahhaa.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#18]
In!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#19]
What sort of production? Any machines that can eat people?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#20]
This mght make the news, will be looking..
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Body is in the water cooling tanks, Legionnaire's Disease up next.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#22]
In.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Where's Waldo?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#24]
So in.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DAMN IT!!!!

in
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#26]
He's Asian?

Are you sure he didnt transform into a copier, or honda or something?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Crazy shit!

IN!
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#28]
In on Day 1 of Safe Thread
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Eventually the smell will lead you to him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Gone? Just.. gone? You may have to consider the possibly that he's a time traveler.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone check the elevators?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#32]
This has epic potential. Any heavy machinery he could fall into?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Is the building staffed over the weekend?  Is anything or anyone in it worth being a terrorist target?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Communist cell was activated, disguise donned, he walked out the front.
View Quote

Well....

There's a group of vietnamese in production, about 10-12.  Great workers and friendly as hell, nothing like the nerdy software asians who are unsociable.  The other day one of them came over to the kids desk to talk to him.  They spoke extremely quiet, the tone/demeaner gave off a father/son vibe.  It really caught me off guard, I don't think they're related and I've never seen them talk before.  The vietnamese NEVER venture into the office area, ever.  If the two are related, I'm sure it'd be well known.  It just struck me as really weird.  This freaking kid has probably said a grand total of 50 words to his boss in two months.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What sort of production? Any machines that can eat people?
View Quote

I was thinking dock doors.   Most production facilities I do work in have every man door covered with cams but the docking bays/doors are not--which never made sense to me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#36]
SAFEly in
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#37]
How big is the HVAC vents at your work and just how tiny was the Asian Intern?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Magnets
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Black hole?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Are you going into work now?  I mean, we need pics and everything.  I can't want until Monday.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you guys check the ceiling above the womens room?
Quoted:
Check the ceiling tiles over the womens bathroom

I think we have a consensus on where to check!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Friends texted him they were going to Vegas. He said "fuck it, I'm foing" and he just fent.

A nice man in the parking lot had puppies in his van. He went to look on his break.

He had a diabetic episode while walking around the block on his break. EMS picked him up, but didn't know to notify you.

He was hit by a car crossing the street to get a snack. Whoever hit him didn't need the attention and just picked him up and took him away.

Chronic masturbater. Went into his usual hiding spot to do it, but this time he tried auto erotic asphyxiation.

It's a suicide. He didn't need his car, he just went off to do himself in.

Thermians needed his help to fight Gen. Sarris, so they took him on board their ship along with several other gifted IT types.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Due to instability of the quantum field, there is a more than 0 percent chance he went "somewhere else."  Or maybe "sometime else."
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#45]
In on 1st page and subscribed

My guess is he hung himself in a closet somewhere or is banging the bosses wife.

Maybe he is banging the bosses wife in the ceiling tiles above the women's bathroom?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

ROR
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Friends texted him they were going to Vegas. He said "fuck it, I'm foing" and he just fent.

A nice man in the parking lot had puppies in his van. He went to look on his break.

He had a diabetic episode while walking around the block on his break. EMS picked him up, but didn't know to notify you.

He was hit by a car crossing the street to get a snack. Whoever hit him didn't need the attention and just picked him up and took him away.

Chronic masturbater. Went into his usual hiding spot to do it, but this time he tried auto erotic asphyxiation.

Thermians needed his help to fight Gen. Sarris, so they took him on board their ship along with several other gifted IT types.
View Quote
Someone flushed him down the toilet,those guys are pretty skinny.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#48]
We had this 18 or 19 year old Somali kid who had been at my company for a few months. One day he didn't show up, and a few days later his mom (who he lived with) called asking if he had shown up to work. Apparently he just vanished. A few of us joked maybe he ran off to join ISIS.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Turing test as per Ex Machina.

View Quote

Turing test as per Ex Machina
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#50]
He found the glorious hidden shitter and has claimed it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top