Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2015 7:06:46 PM EDT
I will reveal the s3cr3t

February 2014 I weighed in at about 215, by summer I was in the 190's.  I now weigh 185.

As many will day, It ain't rocket science.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Poop thread?  

How'd ya do it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Poop thread?  

How'd ya do it?
View Quote

one of my s3cr3t suggestions for those of you that are more advanced.

An extremely vigorous love life.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
HIV, huh?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
HIV, huh?  
View Quote

No sickness or drugs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poop thread?  

How'd ya do it?

Did you switch hands every day or every other day?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poop thread?  

How'd ya do it?

If you wee a real man, you would realize that some things take two hands  
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Took a while; some folks I know take 6 months to lose that much.   60% is diet....mix with cardio and exercise heavy/large muscle groups; just about anyone can do.

I Helped my college buddy, who is 45 lose 60 pounds in one year. All he did was go 4-5 times a week to the gym with me and we squatted, worked on his back, chest and shoulders.  End it with 20 minutes of heavy cardio and BOOM, lost 60 pounds.

it aint rocket surgery.

Mix in 5-6 small meals; either protein shakes or heavy protein/low fat foods like chicken, fish and some amino acids.  Folks did not recognize him 9 months in.

Meanwhile we're watching idiots doing targeted exercises like cross-over cable curls and get zero results. You need to build mass first; get the large muscle groups going, that raises metabolism, stick to heavy basic stuff -- like squats, shoulder presses, etc etc and watch your diet folks.

aint no shortcuts in losing weight; even going on stupid diets (without exercise) will fail eventually.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice job!
Keto diet?
I went from 205 in January  to 170 in May. Haven't weighed this much since after my senior year in wrestling. I'm in my 30s.

Again nice job.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Took a while; some folks I know take 6 months to lose that much.   60% is diet....mix with cardio and exercise heavy/large muscle groups; just about anyone can do.

I Helped my college buddy, who is 45 lose 60 pounds in one year. All he did was go 4-5 times a week to the gym with me and we squatted, worked on his back, chest and shoulders.  End it with 20 minutes of heavy cardio and BOOM, lost 60 pounds.

it aint rocket surgery.

Mix in 5-6 small meals; either protein shakes or heavy protein/low fat foods like chicken, fish and some amino acids.  Folks did not recognize him 9 months in.
View Quote

It ain't a race.  keeping it off is more important than how quickly weight is lost (within reason)

Agreed

I was not WalMart obese (6 feet tall and 215) but still overweight.

Also, I did not implement any kind of exercise program, although I am reasonably active.  Probably more active than most folks my age
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice job!
Keto diet?
I went from 205 in January  to 170 in May. Haven't weighed this much since after my senior year in wrestling. I'm in my 30s.

Again nice job.
View Quote

Good job on you, as well!
I dunno what "Keto" diet is.

I wrestled in high school too!  We should be friends
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#11]
how did you loose weight being on the bottom?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Do u own a dickfer?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice job!

Keto diet?

Again nice job.

I think I'm starting to understand your love life.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I will reveal the s3cr3t

February 2014 I weighed in at about 215, by summer I was in the 190's.  I now weigh 185.

View Quote

Do you experience phantom leg syndrome?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will reveal the s3cr3t

I still have all my body parts
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poop thread?  

How'd ya do it?

cool your boyfriend must be happy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poop thread?  

How'd ya do it?

No homo over here.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I guess.  Just not my thing
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No homo over here.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I guess.  Just not my thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poop thread?  

How'd ya do it?

Exactly what someone in the closet would say
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Im knocking on 40. I lost 21 lbs this summer and changed nothing.  Just busy with work.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Has the meth affected your teeth yet?

Congrats on the weight loss, dude.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

it aint rocket surgery.

Meanwhile we're watching idiots doing targeted exercises like cross-over cable curls and get zero results. You need to build mass first; get the large muscle groups going, that raises metabolism, stick to heavy basic stuff -- like squats, shoulder presses, etc etc and watch your diet folks.

aint no shortcuts in losing weight; even going on stupid diets (without exercise) will fail eventually.
View Quote

90% is diet.

Three years ago I weighed 301 lbs.  I'm 6'2" and 39 years old.  Today, I weigh 195 lbs.  I lost 90% of the weight just by counting calories.  No "fad" diets (no atkins, no paleo - none of that crap) - simply counting calories.  Did the math to plan on losing 1 lb per week, so it wasn't like a sub 2000 calorie diet either.  I still consume over 2K calories per day.

Now, I add exercise to my routine and I've never been in better shape.  Weight loss is almost exclusively diet-related.  Exercise is for conditioning.  My resting pulse is between 50 and 52 bpm.  Went from a size 44 waist to a 32 now.  3XL shirts down to L and some XL (have broad shoulders).  Shorts are always a "medium".
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I am almost identical.  Was 215 in February, pretty much fattest I've ever been.  Said fuck it, started running 30 minutes a day every day and now I'm 184.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

90% is diet.

Three years ago I weighed 301 lbs.  I'm 6'2" and 39 years old.  Today, I weigh 195 lbs.  I lost 90% of the weight just by counting calories.  No "fad" diets (no atkins, no paleo - none of that crap) - simply counting calories.  Did the math to plan on losing 1 lb per week, so it wasn't like a sub 2000 calorie diet either.  I still consume over 2K calories per day.

Now, I add exercise to my routine and I've never been in better shape.  Weight loss is almost exclusively diet-related.  Exercise is for conditioning.  My resting pulse is between 50 and 52 bpm.  Went from a size 44 waist to a 32 now.  3XL shirts down to L and some XL (have broad shoulders).  Shorts are always a "medium".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it aint rocket surgery.

90% is diet.

5' 11" @ 274 lbs was rock bottom for me, down about 12 lbs in 3 weeks keeping the calories + or - 1500/day, immediate goal is 200 lbs.  Oh yea I was supposed to ask a question, did you start this thread to keep me motivated?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Good job. Why'd you stop at 30? I changed my diet a little over 3 months ago when I had hit 319. I weighed in yesterday at 272. My initial goal was 265, but I have since changed it to 250. I'll see where I go from there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Does your poop look like sausages with cracks? If so, you're hired!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#27]
199 last November to 155 this past June. Creatine has stalled my losses for the last several weeks but the scale is starting to tick down again. I did it the exact same way as you OP.  diet, exercise. Whodathunk that stuff works.

33 years old, and I feel 10x better than I did in my 20s.

Great job op. Keep at it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Not much. Cutting another % or two of BF before I start bulking.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Down 30 as of today. Going for another ten.  I can tell the difference.  Only down side is that i need to buy new jeans.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#31]
can you see your weiner now?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Do you REALLY want to go lighter?  155 is down there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
199 last November to 155 this past June. Creatine has stalled my losses for the last several weeks but the scale is starting to tick down again. I did it the exact same way as you OP.  diet, exercise. Whodathunk that stuff works.

33 years old, and I feel 10x better than I did in my 20s.

Great job op. Keep at it.

Do you REALLY want to go lighter?  155 is down there.

Um, not thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top