Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/27/2015 1:27:04 AM EDT
Skydrop. It's a sprinkler time clock that monitors your forecast through wifi and adjusts your watering based on weather, type of zone, soil, sprinkler type, slope, shade, and more. You get an app for phone or tablet. It changes the duration and days of the week for each zone individually and you can slide that duration up or down manually if you want a bit more or less.

It's time to get with the times I guess....

$300 for timer & expander. Freeze / rain sensor was like $50.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Neat and OST for cool stuff.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:28:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Bullets
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:42:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Soundproof chamber behind a hidden door in the basement.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
If I told you it wouldn't be cool
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:47:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:47:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got an app connected to a camera facing my door. The camera is connected to my desktop which has a facial recognition program in it. If the program detects an unknown face (you create a "friendly face" list), it will search all social media within 50 Sq miles (more or less... you set the radius) until it finds a possible match (sometimes this is 3 or 4 people). When it does, it stores the info so I can view it later. I learn nearly every salesman/broken down car person/ or random knockers name, age and city before they leave my porch. This is how I learned the guy 6 houses down is my UPS driver. Eventually if the person shows up regularly, such as the neighbor UPS driver, it'll prompt me asking if I want to add them to my friendly face list.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You just reminded me that I haven't seen "Tremors", in a long time!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:49:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've got an app connected to a camera facing my door. The camera is connected to my desktop which has a facial recognition program in it. If the program detects an unknown face (you create a "friendly face" list), it will search all social media within 50 Sq miles (more or less... you set the radius) until it finds a possible match (sometimes this is 3 or 4 people). When it does, it stores the info so I can view it later. I learn nearly every salesman/broken down car person/ or random knockers name, age and city before they leave my porch. This is how I learned the guy 6 houses down is my UPS driver. Eventually if the person shows up regularly, such as the neighbor UPS driver, it'll prompt me asking if I want to add them to my friendly face list.

View Quote
Skynet

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:49:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's awesome.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:50:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

The 20 foot pit usually muffles them enough in mine.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:56:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome.

Yes it is
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:03:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Z wave protocol moisture sensors near all potential water leak points (under sinks, near water softener, near hour water heater, etc). They communicate remotely to my server and will identify a leak immediately. At that point, the server pushes out a signal on the same z wave network to toggle the electronic valve on my incoming domestic water to the house, shutting it off instantly. It also will send me and the wife a text, and if it's during certain night time hours, will flash the lights in our bedroom to wake us up (using z wave switches).

I implemented this system after an under counter water filtration system exploded in the middle of the night and flooded the whole downstairs up to about 3". 4 months of demo and construction later with a 6 month old baby in the house, no functioning kitchen to speak of, and out $1k deductible- I vowed never again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:05:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Washlet...
And an aurora light
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:06:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I recently installed KODI on an Amazon FireTV Stick and have added apps to it. I can watch pretty much any movie or show ever, and real time cable/paid movie channels... for free. Yeah, I canceled my cable and netflix. Best $40 I have ever spent.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:20:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Neon Space Invaders clock.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:24:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Tag for info on the skynet app
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:25:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yet you don't say what the name of the app is. T His is like the people who post a picture of a knife or flashlight and then no model or manufacture. You are no help and contribute nothing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:25:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes it is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome.

Yes it is

What's the app?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:28:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Z wave protocol moisture sensors near all potential water leak points (under sinks, near water softener, near hour water heater, etc). They communicate remotely to my server and will identify a leak immediately. At that point, the server pushes out a signal on the same z wave network to toggle the electronic valve on my incoming domestic water to the house, shutting it off instantly. It also will send me and the wife a text, and if it's during certain night time hours, will flash the lights in our bedroom to wake us up (using z wave switches).

I implemented this system after an under counter water filtration system exploded in the middle of the night and flooded the whole downstairs up to about 3". 4 months of demo and construction later with a 6 month old baby in the house, no functioning kitchen to speak of, and out $1k deductible- I vowed never again.
View Quote

I like Z wave stuff

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:30:12 AM EDT
[#20]
I have ALL my music ripped to MP3 and FLAC
(
5932 albums with71151 songs by8964 artists.
View Quote
)

It resides on an ext hdd attached to a Raspberry Pi (2), which
acts as a server (Logitech Music Server).

The server Raspberry Pi and a couple others have DAC audio boards installed
and are hooked up to regular Stereo Amplifiers (home stereos)

all my music can be accessed and controlled from any wired or wifi device on my LAN.
I can sync all my players and hear the same thing throughout the house, or have something different playing at each different location.

beats the hell out of one CD player attached to a stereo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:31:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Bunch of these green cases that have FACE TOWARD ENEMY on one side. Accessories that came with.

What they do?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:31:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Toilet cams
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:43:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
()

all my music can be accessed and controlled from any wired or wifi device on my LAN.
I can sync all my players and hear the same thing throughout the house, or have something different playing at each different location.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
(
5932 albums with71151 songs by8964 artists.
)

Wow! Even if you bought every album from the 3.99 bin at a truck stop... that is close to $25k in music.

You enjoy your tunes, don't you?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:44:18 AM EDT
[#24]
http://www.amazon.com/Schlage-BE365VCAM716-Camelot-Keypad-Deadbolt/dp/B000NJDRDA
I have 2 for my house and only carry a car key now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a kettle that lights up with blue led's when it's on.  That's about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:41:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a color TV.  Oh yeah, and an automatic drip coffee maker.

I'm a pretty basic guy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:48:57 AM EDT
[#27]
My Home Automation system.

I integrate a lot with my phone, I also have remotes in various places to control lights, and such, and have my garage door connected to it. I can open my garage door from anywhere in the world if I wanted to.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:02:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Gene Cafe coffee roaster.  Nothing like fresh roasted coffee.

Well, on second thought, there is Scotch.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a Crock Pot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bullets
View Quote

^this and a safe full of guns that most people don't know about.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Amazon echo.  

A couple of badass coffee appliances:

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I have an authentic DOD 1968 Fallout Shelter sign.

But that's not a gadget....:(
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Ive got this bell that rings twice that lets me know when someone is about to knock on the door. I dont know how it works,but its never wrong.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a portable Bluetooth transmitter.  I can hook it to any electronic with a headphone jack and beam it to my in house surround sound.  My surround sound is a Russound full digital system, runs off of cat5 cables.  Every room is a different zone with wall mounted controls.  I can have four different things playing at once (DVD, TV, radio, or a CD) to different zones.  The previous owner had an electronics business and installed it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#37]
I have a homemade, gas powered version of a Sybian type device.  3500rpm!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit, I would say you win.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He just need to add some sort of trap door to catch hot chicks intruders.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#41]
I have redneck gadgets!  Goats keep the weeds & vines off the fence, keep trees trimmed below 4 feet, provide milk and if the SHTF, they are a very tasty substitution for beef.  The geese provide eggs & weed control.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#42]
This

and this

[url=http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/TwistedSister1989/media/8F6C8410-F27E-45ED-8946-7B0CCBE02F6A_zpsxux9kzdd.jpg.html][/u
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Induction cooktop
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't even own a blu-ray player.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#45]
A garage door monitor. It tells you if the garage door is open or closed. It's very nice, especially if you can't see your garage door from your house.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It rubs the lotion on its skin?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Books, and board games.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

What is this magic app called?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#49]

Kind of tongue in check, but actually this thing is pretty cool.  

We are a cell phone only house and with two young kids we wanted to come up with a way to have a home phone for emergencies without the stupid monthly costs.

I work from home most days and I have started using this more than my Cisco soft client on my PC for comfort and ease of use.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Iris home automation system from Lowes, I had a break in at my house last month and wanted something right away, so I looked online and found the Iris monitered system from Lowes, When i went to the store to buy it, I ended up with the complete home smart system, I now can control my a/c, lights, door locks, from anywhere in the world both through my phone and at any computer. I also have a security system with cameras, motion sensors, etc...that i can access anywhere.

I will be adding on the garage door opener, water leak moniters, and a couple other things soon, as it is compatible with all z-wave devices. Very easy to install everything, I had it up and running everything in about 3 hours.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top