Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2015 10:23:09 PM EDT
Just months after winning against a Trinity Church lawsuit designed to force Walmart to quit selling AR-15s and “high capacity” magazines, Walmart corporate says it will quit selling AR-15s of its own accord.

Moreover, corporate stresses that the decision is “not political.”

According to Gun Talk radio host Tom Gresham, Walmart corporate “confirmed” their decision to quit selling AR-15s on August 25.

Gresham tweeted, “CONFIRMED with Walmart corporate offices. Getting rid of AR-15s. They aren’t selling. Replacing with hunting guns. ‘Not political.’”

This latest gun-related decision comes after the retail giant has spent a decade shifting back and forth on guns and gun sales. In 2013, Walmart’s vacillation on guns included meetings between Walmart “representatives” and then-Attorney General Eric Holder.

TIME magazine reports that Walmart announced an end to gun sales in a third of its stores in 2006. Then, when the economy tanked in 2009, they broughtback guns to bring back customers. Now, they say they will quit selling AR-15s–the most popular semi-automatic rifle platform in America–but will continue selling hunting rifles.

http://www.weaselzippers.us/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/25/walmart-to-quit-selling-ar-15s-claims-decision-not-political/

I hate Wally World but admit they are my best source of bulk .22
I'm going to fire off an Email to wal-mart and do exactly what liberals do when a baker refuses to bake a cake for a gay wedding or someone dares to fly a confederate flag.

Did you know Hitlary once sat on wally world's BOD?.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It's over. They blew them all out at half price last week. No shortage of takers on here.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
oh, the most popular rifle in the country isnt selling?

seems legit
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

seems legit
View Quote

well, it isn't - at WalMart scale. They got in at just about the worst time, and now they're getting out and putting that money elsewhere.

don't blame them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine got rid of the ARs but still sells the Mini14. ???
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
In all four of my local stores, they put the AR-15 style rifles, any tactical style optics such as the Bushnell TRS-25, all of the handgun rail lights, tactical style rifle bags, and anything that didn't remotely cater to the traditional hunter onto clearance.  Everything that is left in the gun cases are 26"+ barreled shotguns, 22lr rifles, lever and bolt actions.  They even discontinued the 18" security shotguns.

It is crazy as each time I went in, the only thing that ever sold was the tactical stuff.  The Colts, Bushmasters, and under 20" shotguns sold frequently.  The other stuff took months to move.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Wal Mart has always been half-hearted when it comes to selling guns.  They can't really stop without alienating a large chunk of their customer base, but they don't want to deal with it anymore either.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

Appearance.  The Mini-14 looks less threatening, less likely to scare the Soccer Moms or Fudds.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Wasn't just AR's but anything " tactical ".  Not political though I do thank them for the three ARs they nearly gave me and a steal on a tactical shotgun. RIP Walmart
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Who cares.

I'm of the opinion that the "golly I got my income tax, let's get a big screen and an AR15 that I'll wanna trade for a snowmobile in the fall" put a whole fucking lot of ARs into circulation among irresponsible, poor, stupid people that like to take out their frustrations on other people.

Just like when the Chinese AKS  were cheap and easy, those were the choice of idiots everywhere, the same happened with ARS as the price plummeted and they were right next to the Huggies that Cletus had to go get.

I know it also helped popularity and I don't care. It also statistically increased the likelihood that subpar idiots would stumble on them.  I know this is an unpopular opinion on here but I don't fucking care. Keep the prices up and make it something you have to go to a gun store for and I'm fine with it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who cares.

I'm of the opinion that the "golly I got my income tax, let's get a big screen and an AR15 that I'll wanna trade for a snowmobile in the fall" put a whole fucking lot of ARs into circulation among irresponsible, poor, stupid people that like to take out their frustrations on other people.

Just like when the Chinese AKS  were cheap and easy, those were the choice of idiots everywhere, the same happened with ARS as the price plummeted and they were right next to the Huggies that Cletus had to go get.

I know it also helped popularity and I don't care. It also statistically increased the likelihood that subpar idiots would stumble on them.  I know this is an unpopular opinion on here but I don't fucking care. Keep the prices up and make it something you have to go to a gun store for and I'm fine with it.
View Quote

I find your post ironic because I blame Wal-Mart selling cheap computers for the stupid comments I read I the internet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't been to walmart in over a decade ..
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#12]
eh I can't blame them too much, after the last panic everyone that wanted an AR now has 2.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I find your post ironic because I blame Wal-Mart selling cheap computers for the stupid comments I read I the internet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who cares.

The Internet would also be better without Cletus and Obamaphone users cluttering it up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who cares.

View Quote

No shit it's unpopular.  You want the firearm that this website is built around to cost more money, and for what reason exactly?

Your comment doesn't stop at simply being unpopular, it went full steam ahead into the "monumentally fucking retarded" category.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Seems like the only rifles that they really sold were AR15's. Everything else pretty much collects dust in the case.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I say bullshit.

The rifles have tanked in price. But everything related to black scary rifles was shit canned. Optics, weapon lights, stocks, 5.56 ammo, etc.

They smoked Holders light skinned pole but begged him for delayed implementation to not piss off the customer base.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Who cares.

View Quote

Oh whatever. I'd like to see your "statistics"

How about we keep car prices high so poor less experienced drivers can't afford them. "Statistically" that would decrease auto accidents.

Ive met a lot of people that have money and are fucking dumb as shit and have anger issues because they can buy their way out of problems.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Appearance.  The Mini-14 looks less threatening, less likely to scare the Soccer Moms or Fudds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ruger contract.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Internet would also be better without Cletus and Obamaphone users cluttering it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who cares.

The results are even better when they stock reloading equipment:
Put sum powderr in derr
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#21]
AR-15's are everywhere and in tons of calibers now.  Everyone is whoring them out now.  When you can buy a new S&W AR for $599 at the LGS, not many will pay $900-$1200 for the Colts they carry.  Members on this board might but the average guy sees the price not the name Colt.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Who cares.

View Quote

There shouldn't be only gun stores. You should be able to get guns next to the Doritos at the gas station.

Since Cletus=Dumbfuck in your opinion, I"m guessing that's your name. That is one of the stupidest things I have read in my life.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#23]
My buddy works at Walmart in sporting goods.  He been saying that Ars quit moving a while back.  He said that the tactical section was dead in sales and they sell 5-6 ruger Americans for ever  colt AR they sell
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My buddy works at Walmart in sporting goods.  He been saying that Ars quit moving a while back.  He said that the tactical section was dead in sales and they sell 5-6 ruger Americans for ever  colt AR they sell
View Quote

Precisely what I figured had happened. The whole tactical panic / fad of the last few years seems to have lost quite a bit of steam in general, and as mentioned up thread anyone that wanted an AR now owns a couple. They don't wear out very fast, so of course they stop selling as well. If everyone went out and bought a new refrigerator tomorrow the fridge makers would probably have a boom year followed by several bust years too.

Now that everything has stopped selling as well, they can finally get caught up on 22, right?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Lets look on the bright side, WalMart probably put black rifles into the hands of hundreds of thousands of people who without WalMart probably never would have taken the time to seek out an AR so that warms my heart.

10 years ago ARs were rare, now everyone has at least one and thats a good thing.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Meh... I don't know about you guys, but I can never find the incredibly unhelpful idiot whose sole job it is to stand behind the gun counter and sell me the stuff that is locked in the cases.  

It seems some vast conspiracy to thwart the second amendment:

Step 1: Have lots of ammo behind a locked glass case.

Step 2: Hire some half-retarded minimum wage worker with the attention span of a gnat and the work ethic of a cucumber and give them the key to the aforementioned case.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

well, it isn't - at WalMart scale. They got in at just about the worst time, and now they're getting out and putting that money elsewhere.

don't blame them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

seems legit

don't blame them.

Most popular rifle if the country stops selling. So will stop stocking them and sell less popular rifles!

Going off of other posters, seems like they're getting rid of "tactical" shotguns to. Seems political to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:38:05 AM EDT
[#28]
There was a lawsuit against Walmart by Trinity Church where Trinity wanted to pressure them into not selling rifles they thought were icky, but I think that was dismissed.  So, I dunno.

If ARs weren't selling at Walmart, it's because they were asking too much $ for them.  Clearance them, and they were all sold in 48 hours.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Who cares.

View Quote

Really? For an elitist your kinda ignorant of the facts.

Klebold and Harris got their guns via a straw purchase from a gun show and a personal sale.

Loughner bought his gun at Sportsmans Warehouse

Holmes bought his guns at Gander Mountain and Bass Pro Shop

Lanza stole the guns from his mother.

Hasan bought his gun from a gun store.

Cho bought his guns from gun stores.

Wong bought his guns from gun stores.

I am not sure where but I know Roof didnt buy his gun from Walmart.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:19:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Lets look on the bright side, WalMart probably put black rifles into the hands of hundreds of thousands of people who without WalMart probably never would have taken the time to seek out an AR so that warms my heart.

10 years ago ARs were rare, now everyone has at least one and thats a good thing.

View Quote

Twenty five years ago they were rare.  Twenty years ago people were buying them like they were the only gun available.

Walmart stocking them for a time did help the cause.  Their ceasing to sell them will not hurt the cause.  It may or may not hurt walmart.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep...not black and doesn't have that shoulder thing that goes up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:26:51 AM EDT
[#32]
I stopped by 2 today hoping to score, not a single evil black rifle in sight.

Surefire's were still in stock and sold at full retail.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:32:37 AM EDT
[#33]
I was told early on here when I mentioned it that it was just a reset and they were selling excess inventory.  

Just want to point out for once that it looks like the Walmart gun counter was right
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#34]
The funny thing is that if shtf, as in a foreign military invasion, ARs and AKs might be less effective than a common .30-06 bolt action rifle with a 3-9x scope because of the wide open spaces in America.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The funny thing is that if shtf, as in a foreign military invasion, ARs and AKs might be less effective than a common .30-06 bolt action rifle with a 3-9x scope because of the wide open spaces in America.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

wat
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:58:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was told early on here when I mentioned it that it was just a reset and they were selling excess inventory.  

Just want to point out for once that it looks like the Walmart gun counter was right
View Quote

Just because they are clearancing out AR's now, doesn't mean that at some point in the future when that market looks more lucrative, that they can't or won't be restocking the glass cases with EBR's.

Walmart is like any other business.  They do it for the profits.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#38]

What a bunch of Dicks.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:10:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Just because they are clearancing out AR's now, doesn't mean that at some point in the future when that market looks more lucrative, that they can't or won't be restocking the glass cases with EBR's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully they do.  This guy mentioned that some group was giving them heat about "assault weapons" and defense shotguns, and walmart caved.  Also mentioned the tac stuff being discontinued.  This was all before it was wide spread on the web and the stuff was being clearanced.  At our store the AR's sold well and they were told not to order any more a month ago.  So far his info seems correct.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#40]
LOL you guys. This has been done to death.

AR/anything "tactical" salad days + hunting season = change in floor space.

It ain't that hard. Walmart is in business to make money. You will still be able to order an AR from the catalog.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't buy  complete AR's anyway so they didn't market to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like "less likely to attract attention from Democratic politicians. The only "soccer moms" that know or care are Bloomberg AstroTurf employees.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

What a bunch of Dicks.

View Quote

I see what you did there.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I hate that. It was the only place in town that always had Colt ARs in stock for under $1000
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What a bunch of Dicks.

View Quote

I Lol-Mart'ed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Who cares.

View Quote

YEAH! We need more rules about who and how and where people can buy guns!

Idiotic elitist liberal post is idiotic liberal and elitist.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

don't blame them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

seems legit

don't blame them.

exactly.  WM's strength is buying at cheaper prices than everybody else and selling with low margins with prices that beat every other vendor.

They can't do that with AR15's because the bottom has dropped out of the market price wise.

They have no advantage, so it doesn't fit their business model.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#48]
wallys was probably the only thing keeping colt alive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like walmart figured out that they don't need the larger inventory to meet their goals which, by the way, is getting people in the door. They never gave a shit about actually selling ARs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Who cares.

View Quote

So now idiot rednecks will just shoot people with a .243 Axis. Problem solved

The local Rural King has a legitimate gun counter & sells them cheaper than Wally-world, Rednecks rejoice.

You can now buy Carhart socks, bulk dog food, tractor parts, 55 gallon drums of Roundup, and a DPMS all in one stop

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top