Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2001 1:41:45 PM EDT
This just off of Yahoo..... happened in Cincinnati, OHIO (one of the few states left that don't trust their citizens to arm themselves)

Police: Intruder Rapes, Robs 84-Year-Old

Police are investigating the rape and robbery of an 84-year-old woman that happened early Monday morning.

Police said that the intruder attacked the woman near 1:15 a.m. Monday morning while she slept. Authorities think that the intruder slipped the lock on the apartment building door, and went up into her apartment. The man raped the woman, stole nearly $60 and some jewelry, and beat the woman.

WLWT Eyewitness News 5's John London reports that the woman was treated at a hospital and released. She suffered a bruised eye and a swollen face.

London reports that the neighborhood where the intrusion took place is an area with a large senior citizen population, and that police are emphasizing awareness for residents.

"My suggestions and recommendations would be to keep a light on in their houses or their apartments," Cincinnati police Lt. Stephen Luebbe said. "If they live in a single-family residence, they keep an outside light on. If they have bushes in front of their windows, trim them back so that you could see anybody who was hiding there."

Police said that the attacker wore a ski mask, and that they have few leads as to his identity.
View Quote

I love the advice that police have to give to the other elderly people that live in that neighborhood - just like Motel 6.... we'll leave the light on for ya.....

I have a better solution for those elderly folks - and I bet you know what it is....

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The perp needs hung up by his balls. [sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top