Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2001 1:30:22 PM EDT
This Thursday in Grand Rappids (I think)MCRGO is having a state meeting and Massod is going to be speaking.There are also supposed to be several state reps there!!!!Go to the web site for details and please show your support if you can and if you car. This is a perfect oppertunity to walk the walk instead of just being all talk no action!!!!

WWW.mcrgo.org
Please email me if you want to go and we can meet up and get organized.

Email   [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I know he is in Clare MI on Wednesday at Jay's Sporting Goods.

On Thursday he will be at
DAV Hall; Chapter No. 2  
4809 Eastern Ave. , S.E.
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49508

He is also coming to the MCRGO Annual Meeting this Saturday.  You must be a member of MCRGO to attend.  If you are not a member I'm sure their will be a membership application at the door.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard his real name is something common like "joe smith," and he started writing under Mossad Ayoob to get published and get noticed by the shooting public.

Any truth to this?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:25:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, Pogo is correct.

"Massad Ayoob" translates to "Joe Smith" in Arabic.

;-)

Mas is from Arabic extraction.  I don't think he's ever changed his name or used a nom-de-plume.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Swire are you going to be there on thursday and where is the meeting on saturday?Let me know about thursday, id love to meet you.
Sgt. (Kevin)Hulka
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sgt  Hulka:
Swire are you going to be there on thursday and where is the meeting on saturday?Let me know about thursday, id love to meet you.
Sgt. (Kevin)Hulka
View Quote

No I won't make the Thursday meeting.  I'll be working late that night, plus it's 3 1/2 hours from where I live.  If you are in the Grand Rapids area I'm over that way occassionally.  The next time for sure is May 19th for the Kent County Rifle Club Garand match.

The Saturday meeting will be at:
East Lansing Marriott, University Place  
300 Mac Avenue
East Lansing

There will be door prizes plus gun raffles, as well as having Massod speak.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Do any of you know specifically where Ayoob is from?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Seem to remember that he is from New Hampshire originally, but believe ethnically Lebanese.  Also seem to remember that his father was in the jewlery business and Mas always carried a gun when working in dad'd store.  Also believe he was involved in law enforcement for quite a while.  His book "In the Gravest Extreme" is an absolute Bible for anyone with a concealed carry permit and should be required reading for those wanting a CCW license
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Mas routinely appears as an expert witness in use of force cases.  It figures there is at least one case where an attorney got the best of him.

Mas's basic concept is that there are no winners (only survivors) in a self defense shooting, and that even having survived, everything you've worked for in your life may be at risk.  

You have to KNOW there was no other way to save yourself or your loved ones, otherwise you've risked everything for nothing.  LFI-1 is geared to teach you the concepts of law that will be applied to you, if you are forced to use lethal force.  Any way you slice it, that is good info to possess.  You don't have to be the best "gunfighter" or most street experienced patrol officer to do what Mas does best.  If nothing else, Mas deserves credit for being among the 1st to provide use of lethal force instruction to non-LEO civilians.

I suppose there is no shortage of LEO's that smack their forehead and say, Doh! every time they hear Ayoob's name.  Just goes to show how being 1st to market can be a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's an anti-gun reporter's assesment of the LFI-I course.  Very interesting reading.  Worth spending a couple of minutes on.

[url]http://www.bostonphoenix.com/archive/features/99/11/25/LFI.html[/url]

Norm
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Norm,

Thanks for the article.  Almost even handed for a anti.

Still the guys maintains:

"Ayoob says he's training law-abiding citizens. But he could be training a law-abiding citizen who is planning a mass shooting. There are 900 new felons every year. There have been eight mass shootings in seven months, many by people without criminal records in the past."

In the wrong hands, what we're learning at LFI -- crudely put, how to kill and get away with it -- is nothing less than a public menace."

While his article repeately mentions the legal ramifications of even a legitimate self defense shooting.

The class in no way teachs "how to kill and get away with it"
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been to his house many times(servicing office equipment). His house is also where he keeps his inventory of books and everything...  Ammo and holsters everywhere.
Nice guy, likes his kitties...  And if that was his daughter!!!! DAMN!!!!  Just too cute.

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top