Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2001 12:57:36 PM EDT
There seems to be a problem when I try to log on.

It will allow me to log on as long as i'm NOT in a particular forum.

As soon as I enter any forum and attempt to post, it says i'm not logged in and it won't allow me to log in.

There seems to be some major problems over there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
it still might be a hacker's revenge for them taking over a U2 message board[beer]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm having problems getting in over there too.

Anybody got any updates as to what the real problem is over there?
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
No news yet.

I wouldn't be suprised if it were an attack.
What I think may be of concern to everyone who logs in over there is the possinility that *IF* someone hacked into the site. They may hav either: 1)Obtained info about the sites users - including passwords, etc. or 2)Re-write parts of the code/routines to send copies of the passwords as users log-in or even a copy of the file in which the passwords are kept.

Now the later being the case, it is possible that that file is somehow encrypted but that can and/or may eventually be decoded.

Whatever the case, I hope the webmaster/system administrator post the details of the problem.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
If you used the same username / password combination for the AK board, y'all may want to change the one for AR15.com.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you used the same username / password combination for the AK board, y'all may want to change the one for AR15.com.
View Quote

Good point!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top