Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/19/2003 2:24:53 PM EDT
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=1125[/img]

well...we had to cancel some poor couple's wedding and reception, but the green hills of ohio are once again going to echo with the sound of hundreds of machineguns roaring!

THE EVENT: BULLETFEST IV
this is the 4th year i've been pleased to host what has become the world's largest cyber-shooter's event! last year, we had over 600 (probably closer to 800) folks, shoulder-to-shoulder, on the firingline! this year, we should have more than 1000 shooters present.

this event has become famous for the number of machineguns running simultaneuosly, from full auto handguns and subguns to shoulder fired machineguns to crew-served, tripod mounted machineguns to miniguns...bulletfest has it...and more!

anti-tank rifles, morters and howitzers will grace our firingline this year.

literally, our firingline is manytimes the size of knob creek's. for those of you that have been to hiram maxin or knob creek....you just ain't seen nuthin' yet!

if you want to see the fun we had last summer, go to www.tandcreative.com and order a copy of BULLETFEST III, WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARS dvd or vhs and get fired up for this year's event!

i provide plenty of steel targets (appliances, vehicles, etc.) for you to shred and you are welcome to bring your own 'junk' to put on the berm (subject to approval, of course). i provide all the cleanup after you've gone home...with some help from some good friends!

this year, we will have a wider, deeper range that is on private property to have our fun on.

WHEN: saturday, june 28th, 2003 setup will start friday morning at first shots will be at 9:30am saturday and go untill 6pm with a cease fire for lunch and small breaks to re-set the targets or correct anything that may arise.

WHERE:
snode's melon farm and restored country barn
6052 arrow road / minerva, ohio 44657
carroll county (for those of you that need to get those 20's going!)

arrow road runs south out of minerva (murray avenue becomes arrow road) and runs to state route 43. snode's is located 5 miles south of minerva and 3 miles north of route 43.

COST: in the past, bulletfest has been a free event, with most folks donating $5-20 to the local gun club it used to be held on. unfortunately, we've outgrown that facility and we had to relocate onto private property. the cost will be $10 per person (at the gate) to get onto the firingline. appropriate waivers must be signed, as is the norm for this type of event.

EYR AND EAR protection is required! no exceptions. i don't want to see anyone get anything more serious than a burned hand!

WHAT TO BRING: sun shade instant-up type shelters, coolers, water/pop/juice, a plastic tarp for your firing position (ground tarped for ease of cleanup), rifle racks, ready line tables...all the usuall tools and supplies for a day of fun.

WHAT TO EXPECT: more than one half-million rounds going downrange and lots of noise!

WEATHER: the last three bulletfests have ben sunny and hot! we've had a high of 95° and last year it was a pleasant 85°. stay hydrated! although bulletfest has yet to see any rain, it can rain very hard in a monments notice. again, be prepared.

AMMO vendors will be onsite! be prepared! last year, due to emergency, they were late to show up and guys were bumming ammo by 10am! bring plenty of ammo! you'll need it!

GUNSHOW: there will be an area set up for you to set up your tables and buy/sell firearms (legal purchases only!) and firearm related item. space will be provided for a very nominal fee.

RESTAURANT: there will be food sold onsite, including breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks/pop/etc. available thru out the day.

once again, the action will be captured by professional videographers. if you are paranoid about seeing your mug on video...stay home! this is a family oriented, fun event and we would rather not have the tinfoil hat crowd around, anyway!

CAMPING AND MOTEL INFO: will be posted soon!

i hope to see all my old friends, and a bunch of new ones, on the firingline this year!

please feel free to email me for additional information and to answer your specific questions.

more info to come as i get it worked out and as i find time.

thanks,
campybob

i'll leave this tacked here for a couple of days to get the word out to all that have been im'ing me, emailing me, calling me and threatening to sue me if i didn't get the bulletfest info up fast!

this thread is running in the ar15.com hometown (ohio) forum and the primary response thread is tacked up om the general discussion forum of the ak side of that board...and that thread will serve as the one i answer questions on most frequently.

with the many threads about bulletfest running simultaneously on all the various firearms boards, it's difficult for me get around to all of them and answer questions and update them all!

i'll see you at bulletfest!

Link Posted: 3/19/2003 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a kick @ss time!

We'll be there!

Greg
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The MUG will be there!!!

BTW, what online communities will be represented? Is this mainly an ARFCOM thing?
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Bob,

What is the spectators fee for non-shooters?
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#6]
so is semi-auto trash like myself welcome?
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#9]
cool.  i cant wait.  i had fun at the last one.  will this.... [img]http://home.attbi.com/~durk18/me_mini3.jpg[/img] be there again?  i need to foundle it some more.  [:)]  
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, that looks cool!

I hope I can find a way to get there!

We can only hope....
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#11]
yes...two miniguns this year...a couple of howitzers and a few morters.

after shooting the minigun for 5 seconds...they can now bury me with a smile on my face!

all semi-auto guys are welcome...but you have to try your best to keep up with the machinegunners! lol!

i will be needing assistance from those that can help with r.o. duties...we'll rotate in shifts thruout the day. i'll probaly have 15-20 r.o.'s at any given time.

handcarts should be brought along to help cart stuff to the ready line. i forgot to mention that in my initial post.

ar15com has ALWAYS sent the most attendees, but bowers, subguns, 1919a4, assaultweb, ak-47nutz, full-ato and all the other boards are invited and generally have quite a number of members show up.

the fee for spectators is still being worked out, but like everything...i'm hammering the property owner to KEEP IT CHEAP!

i really don't want to charge a dime for this shoot, but that is out of my hands, as we are on private property and the owner set the price.

i don't make a nickel off of this event...and it generally costs me the price of a really nice custom rifle to put on...but, that's my way of trying to give something back to the shooting community for all the kindness and generosity it's shown to me over the years.

rental m.g.'s will be available and, of course, a lot of the guys will let you shoot theirs for free or donations, etc.

again, i keep this event low key...it's all about having some safe fun and enjoying the day together amidst the sound and smells that only a full tilt boogie machinegun shoot can provide.

so, put off that wedding! cancel the graduation party! file for divorce! just come on out and see how we party! you really have to see this thing to believe it!

and one more thing...i'll bet ed sr. outworks any other man that shows up! his energy level is phenomenal!
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#13]
"I hope I can find a way to get there!"

YOU'RE IN OHIO...YOU have NO EXCUSE! HEHEH!

carpool bro! i'm sure you can use my post in the ohio forum to get a rideshare going. SOMEONE from your area is headed to bulletfest...guaranteed!

Link Posted: 3/19/2003 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Passengers?  Who can carry passengers with all the AMMO we will be hauling.  [:D]  I can't wait for this shoot because last year was awesome.  

I'm glad Ammunitionstore or another vender will be there.  Make sure they bring TONS of 8mm because I'll buy at least 10k for the return trip home.  

Looking forward for some fun.
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#15]
how much does it cost to guarantee a coverable spot on the line?
Link Posted: 3/19/2003 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#16]
WOO HOOO!!! We'll be there!!! And I promise not to get Ed Sr. drunk enough to fall into the river. [:D]

Need camping info as soon as you get it!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 4:23:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh, boy!  Can't wait.  Nothin like the scream of a minigun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 4:29:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll be there.

A friend of mine from the Ashland Lake Gun Club will be there with a bunch of FA stuff.  I bought 100 rounds of .50 for his MG.  I can't wait to get out there and shoot.

Link Posted: 3/20/2003 4:53:12 AM EDT
[#20]
"how much does it cost to guarantee a coverable spot on the line?"

$10 covers entry.

tripod and heavy machineguns and machinegunners with multiple fast guns get priority permenant setup spots on the firingline due to the weight of the firearms and time required to setup and move the guns.

vehicle mounted guns (like the minigun on the mule, m60 on the jeep, etc.) also get permenant setup spots.

semi-shooters will be set up on the "readyline" (behind the firingline) and rotate in and out of firing positions as they open up. i will have many of the bulletfest "old hands" and veterans guiding the newbies and sharing space on the line with them.

last year, we accomodated EVERYONE without issue and everyone got to shoot plenty! this is possible thru the fantastic courtesy and generosity of all the folks that show up.

firearm sharing, ammo bumming and general friendliness are the rules of the day.

with the large number of shooters to work onto the line, youy'll be glad to take a break from the action to go talk to people, take pictures, reload your mags, drums and belts, get a bite to eat or drink and just drink in the amazing amount of guns running.

trust me, if you only get to one shooting event in the year, THIS is the one you want to attend! this shoot is all about hosing the berm down with massive amounts of ammunition!

you will leave bulletfest with an entirely new outlook on shooting sports.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#22]
the new venue is located approximately 11 miles of the old mapleton range site (east on route 30) and south of route 30 about the same distance as mapleton is off rt. 30.

basically, it is south of minerva ohio, on arrow road. arrow road runs south out of minerva to state rt. 43. the new site is about 3 miles north of state rt. 43.

let me see if i can get a mapquest image up here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You and Tweet bringing some more of those nasty Kami-crazy test tubes again Ben? [:D]

Campy, can you put me in touch with that campsite from last year?  I volunteer to make arrangements and set up the cook station. [bounce]

Squid, I think we may need to make it a week-long trip this time...too much fun for just a three-day weekend!
View Quote

He he he. I sort of feel responsible for some of the bad behavior of oher, former members of this site. It was the free, Blue Kamakazi shooters that sent him over the edge. I did have a shitload of alcohol with me didn't I. [:D] It wouldn't be a camping trip if I didn't bring a bunch of booze. I might do up two or three gallons of jello shots this year. [:D]

I think we're planning on bringing the camper up a day early. Let me know where the camping scene is going to be at.

The food action should be intense again. Camping = massive amounts of excellent grub from my campfire.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#24]
If I can get my Dad to drive (I have a visual disability), we'll be there!  This would be my first event of this kind, so I'll be as green as can be.  I can't wait!

Is there a website set up for the event?
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Sharkman. If you are around the Pittsburgh area I plan on making the trek out there both days & you are welcome to ride along with me. Just let me know.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Count the wife and I in!  We may have another couple or two camping with us as well.  We've got a three room dome tent that could use some use.  [:)]

BenDover - When are you and Tweet heading up?  As a first-timer, it may be beneficial if we carpool up with you guys.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Campy, I'll be there but probably with a smaller crew than before. I should be able to help out hauling targets and setting up. I'll catch you at Tusco some Sunday. We will have two or three handheld F/A's.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#28]
[size=5][b][red]Only [white]in [blue]America![/blue][/white][/red][/b][/size=5][:D]
But I can't come![:(]
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
BenDover - When are you and Tweet heading up?  As a first-timer, it may be beneficial if we carpool up with you guys.
View Quote

Last year we took Friday off and departed from Cincy mid-to-late morning. I am thinking we might leave Thursday afternoon since we have the camper this year and don't have to worry about pitching a tent in the dark. [:D]

Honestly, we're flexible.

But I'm definately not staying in a campground for a week with Helldog and FrankSquid. I'll be tawlkin lahk a Noo Yawkah.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I am only a few hours away if you need additional help.
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'll be in with as much of my A-Team as possible,but [b] another word on my falling in the river and you are HISTORY! [/b] [:D]

I didn't see a thing Ed! Heard a splash but didn't see a thing! EdSr drying by an open fire oops wrong song.[:D]
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 3:10:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm going to try and make it this year. How can I NOT?
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#35]
"We've got a three room dome tent that could use some use."

uh...i can only guess about what goes on inside those thin walls!

i'll get some camping info posted soon.
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#36]
[url]http://www.canoe-ohio.com/[/url]

link to the "traditional" bulletfest campground...home of many stories, fables and adventures...including folks that accidentally ...uh...er...went for a swim!

ed, thank you for your assistance! i will reciprocate at the texas convention next fall! i only hope i'm as energetic as you!

i could not put on a show this size without the help of MANY good folks.

thankfully, the folks that attend bulletfest actually enjoy helping out and making this event the major fun shoot it has become!

Link Posted: 3/21/2003 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#38]
So no camping on site?

(Which is okay with me, just wanted to clarify.)
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 5:58:53 AM EDT
[#39]
the fee for onsite camping will be announced soon...should be cheap enough because it will be primitive type accomodations.
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#40]
 Sounds like a hell of a lot of FUN!!!!!  Like KBAKER, this Arizona boy won't be makin' it all the way to OhiO but I will definitely be thinking about how much fun you'll be having!!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#41]

I'm in for the onsite camping this year. Will talk to you about things on the trip to Knob Creek :P
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#42]
OH BOY! OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!![bounce]
QCMGR, I think we should try to get a Michigan Team AR15.com convoy organized!

Either way I'M THERE!

Link Posted: 3/21/2003 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Doah, 450 miles away!  To much for me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
OH BOY! OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!![bounce]
QCMGR, I think we should try to get a Michigan Team AR15.com convoy organized!

Either way I'M THERE!

View Quote

I will tack a sign-up list.
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#46]
"Doah, 450 miles away! To much for me."

we have folks fly in from all over the country...and carpool in from over 20 hours away.

perhaps someone in your area will be headed here and you can rideshare?

we already have 2 confirmed civilian aircraft flying in to the carrollton airport and perhaps mickeymouse will bring the helo up for the show (mickey, there is an lz onsite!).
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 4:24:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
BTW, fullauto is not needed to have a GREAT time. Last year I had a good time shooting the knobs and dials off of the washing machines with my bolt guns.
View Quote

Ya, with your 50cal bolt gun. [:)]  
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Don't forget the opportunity to meet Miss_Magnum and her 1000 watt smile! [:D]
View Quote

I got to say hello to MM![:I]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top