Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2015 7:45:13 PM EDT
So I'm trying to buy this jeep a few states away from me for my Jurassic Jeep build.  The contact information for the craigslist ad only lists a phone number, no email, etc.  

I called him around noon eastern today and left a voicemail and I also sent a text this afternoon.

Would you guys call back again around now since their probably off work at this point?  Or would you wait it out?

I'm concerned about losing this thing to someone else...I've waited for weeks, maybe a few months to find this host car.  And I don't want the guy to think I'm not serious about it, since I have a phone with an area code several states over.  But I also don't want to drive him bonkers.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Bet it's sold.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Craigslist is like banging a chick

Don't be too desperate if you want it
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I would call back. I'm trying to sell something, duh.

But for you, OP, it's about patience.  You csn't force this kind of thing.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The ad has been up for less than 60 hours...I'd be a little surprised if it's already sold, but maybe I'm wrong.  Would it not be customary to take the ad down or at least call me back and say it's sold if it is?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]

you should stalk him.

Honestly I read your other thread..... get any color Jeep and repaint it.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bet it's sold.
View Quote

Or, out of town for the 4th of July weekend.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
you should stalk him.

View Quote

Well if you read the other thread, you know how important it is to me to get the right vehicle from the start and how hard I've been searching for it.  I found one and I'm trying to lock it up.  So you might understand my frustration and angst a bit in this situation.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bet it's sold.

Drinking on a boat somewhere.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Lots  of sellers NEVER take their ads down...just let it expire....OH, and they never call back if they made the sale!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bet it's sold.

Thought about that, but why post it up on like Wednesday if you aren't going to take calls on it over the next few days?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I always block ebay buyers that are really chatty
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lots  of sellers NEVER take their ads down...just let it expire....OH, and they never call back if they made the sale!!
View Quote

So pestering wouldn't make any difference either way then, right?  If it's gone, it makes no difference to keep trying until I get an answer one way or another.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#13]
For the record, I know I'm probably overreacting.  It's just really important to me, that's all.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well if you read the other thread, you know how important it is to me to get the right vehicle from the start and how hard I've been searching for it.  I found one and I'm trying to lock it up.  So you might understand my frustration and angst a bit in this situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

you should stalk him.

I have a 92 Jeep  that I plan on doing a frame off resto this winter, after I build an entire 24x32 shop and I'll probably be done before you find a 1 in 200000 23 YO perfect condition beige jeep.

A Jeep is a Jeep.  Get one and make it what you want.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a 92 Jeep  that I plan on doing a frame off resto this winter, after I build an entire 24x32 shop and I'll probably be done before you find a 1 in 200000 23 YO perfect condition beige jeep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
you should stalk him.

I mean, I found it.  And I only had sleuths out for about 2 weeks looking.  Locking it up is another story.

It's easy to say "a jeep is a jeep" until you're doing a clone build.  Sahara stuff is somewhat hard to come by.  You gotta track down the seats, the carpet, the visors, the fog lights, the door panels, etc.  Ifs not a walk in the park to find all that stuff.  And then, it still wouldn't be mostly original, which is pretty much what I'm going for,
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I sold my last jeep on craigslist to the first caller he offered me 11k cash, raced down and took me to th bank where they counted out the money, just as the last bill hit my hand my phone rang with an offer of 16.5k cash
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I sold my last jeep on craigslist to the first caller he offered me 11k cash, raced down and took me to th bank where they counted out the money, just as the last bill hit my hand my phone rang with an offer of 16.5k cash
View Quote

Yikes!  A similar story happened to me when I purchased my m16.  That's for another thread though.

I got a call back.  It has quite a few issues unfortunately...the ad made it seem like it was almost perfect.  A guy is going to look at it tomorrow.  If he buys it, it probably won't be heartbreaking now.

This thread can be closed now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#19]
IBTL. If you get the project done I'd love to see finished pictures of it! And pictures of the restoration process!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
IBTL. If you get the project done I'd love to see finished pictures of it! And pictures of the restoration process!
View Quote

The second I find the host car I'm looking for and lock it up, I'll create a build thread.  I'll chronical what I can, even though I won't be doing a ton of the work myself.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#21]
In for the post count.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Moar post count.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top