Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2015 1:10:59 PM EDT
Anyone own either? and is it worth 6k extra to get the coupe V6?  What says GD
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the 08 Accord with the 2.4l  EX-L rated for 190 hp and a stick.  it was ok, but nothing special.  didnt want a stick or the awful mileage of the 08 v6.  not sure about the newer versions, but the old ones were real gas hogs.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't looking for power, I was looking for MPG's, so I went 4-banger.

It gets me around town at about 32, and 35ish for road trips.

I'm pretty happy with my 2014 Accord EX-L.

Those Coupe's are pretty sharp looking, though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
lol..."sporty" Accord
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol..."sporty" Accord
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
We've been looking at the Sport ourselves, mainly because it's one of the few sedans in the price range we want that's available with a stick. I've driven the Sport with both the 6-speed and the CVT. The manual version has noticeably more scoot to it IMO.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 4 door V6, and I certainly wouldn't describe the mileage as awful.  

I'm not sure I could go back to a 4cyl engine.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The new Accord Sports look very nice.  It's be cool if they made a limited edition Type-R Accord with more power, better suspension and brakes.  The current body style is very sharp looking.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Ours is a 2013 V6.  VERY pleased with it.  Mostly comfortable, great layout on the controls, great gas mileage, crisp handling, and LOTS of power.  My only complaint is that the armrests aren't designed well, so when you're on a long drive, there's no way to rest your elbows on anything.  You're pretty much stuck with your arms out the whole time, which gets uncomfortable after about hour 8 or 9.  But then again I have really long monkey-arms.

ETA:  Also, the ecoboost system is meh.  I don't think it gives you an appreciable jump in mileage on long trips, and when it's engaged and you have to stomp on it for any reason, it's got the pickup of a Vespa.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Buddy of mine is selling his 03 HFP edition in red right now. He's wanting a diesel so he's selling it but that car is alot of fun! It's well maintained and looks amazing. I have no clue how to post pics or I would show you. Most definitely worth it too have a v6 and the HFP is even better.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll have my boring, soulless turd with an extra side of boring please sir! Extra beige as well!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The new Accord Sports look very nice.  It's be cool if they made a limited edition Type-R Accord with more power, better suspension and brakes.  The current body style is very sharp looking.
View Quote

Why waste their time? Best thing that could be done for the Accord would be to turn the engine the right way and send power to the rear. Then it would handle better without better suspension, and probably stop better too because of better weight balance.

It doesn't matter how many "sport" stickers they plaster on there, it's still a boring, wrong wheel drive, soulless transportation appliance.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I think so, Accord with the V6 is a nice car for the $. Powerful and uses a 6spd auto, no CVT.

But that's me, I prefer 6 cyl.

2016 gets some interior/exterior changes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Had an 09 v6 accord. It was a peppy little thing. you could roast the tires on will and it was the automatic lol
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a 2014 Accord V6 4 door. Really nice car! It had everything in it and plenty of room for luggage in the trunk and a roomy all leather interior. Great stereo and surrounded by airbags. Really good gas mileage. I traded it in a year later for this.... couldn't be happier! Once you have all of that HP at your command, you won't go back.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top