Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2001 7:37:34 AM EDT
Hi all.  I recently bought an HK USP-C .45.  I noticed a problem with the way it points and shoots.

I noticed that the natural position of the gun when it's extended seems to be pointed a bit downward; I need to cock the weapon upward to find the front sight. THIS SEEMS LIKE A MAJOR PROBLEM. I'm shooting tight groups, about 3 or 4 inches below where I'm aiming at 15 yds, esp. after hte first shot.

Does anyone else have this problem with the natural position of the gun in his hand (Glocks seem to be oriented more naturally in the right direction due to the steeper angle of the grip as do 1911s)?

Is this b/c I'm used to a high 1911 style grip with my two thumbs along the slide on the left and maybe need to move my hands down on the grip a bit?

Does a Weaver stance help this problem at all?

Does a Hogue Grip Sleeve help this problem at all?

Has anyone had this gun or similar guns modifed by Robar to fix this problem.

Link Posted: 4/24/2001 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone please help!
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I haven't had any aiming problems with my USPC. I shoot in the modified Weaver stance and I find the USP series to be fairly natural pointers. Maybe ghost rings will help force your aim a bit?
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't notice that problem, however they were my first handgun besides a .22lr revolver so I couldn't comment on results of other guns. Maybe that is why I shoot my friends glock high though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a USP45c and 2-USP45 and ALL 3 shoot low. This seems to be standard accross the board as many others in our HK club have similiar sighting problem. It will take practice but it can be Mastered. I use a BeamHit in the House for Laser practice and it assisted me in getting aiming point more natural on all the weapons. You should be able to get the group size down to about 2-2 1/2" @ 25 meters with some MMC adjustable night sights offered by CAS.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#5]
You could try using a heavier slug; that will allow the pistol to recoil more before the bullet leaves the barrel and making your groups higher.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top