Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 3:48:51 PM EDT
Looked at a savage model 10 FCP at Dicks Sporting Goods. Looked good and felt good but curious about the quality of the gun. Its a Dicks "exclusive" for 750..... Could be a good thing or a bad thing. 22 inch barrel with a 1:10 twist, Accustock and accutrigger. How well do they hold up? Meaning barrel life, how good are the stocks? Would the magazine be rugged? Is it like an SPS where the stock isn't much to work with? Curious to see how they compare to my old remington 700XCR tactical..... Mainly is it a gun that my kids will say is nice after I am gone or why in the hell did he buy this pos lol....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looked at a savage model 10 FCP at Dicks Sporting Goods. Looked good and felt good but curious about the quality of the gun. Its a Dicks "exclusive" for 750..... Could be a good thing or a bad thing. 22 inch barrel with a 1:10 twist, Accustock and accutrigger. How well do they hold up? Meaning barrel life, how good are the stocks? Would the magazine be rugged? Is it like an SPS where the stock isn't much to work with? Curious to see how they compare to my old remington 700XCR tactical..... Mainly is it a gun that my kids will say is nice after I am gone or why in the hell did he buy this pos lol....
View Quote

GTG.

Savage makes a great rifle for the money.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Great rifle. I had a 10 Precision Carbine that was sub MOA out of the box (3/4" groups) only reason  I sold it was including afford a diet of 75gr BTHP ammo.

Mine hated the 77gr match kings but loved hornady 75gr match for some reason. 1:9 barrel but they are known for liking heavier ammo.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding rifle, right out of the box.
I dabble in F-class with an unmodified Model 10.
I'm no champion marksman by any means, and I'm no threat to win matches, but I'm not bringing up the rear either
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a used one off a guy for $400.
No Accutrigger though.
I replaced the trigger and bedded the action with steelbed.
Put a 3x9 on it.
Haven't been to the range with it yet. Expect it to be decent
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 110 FP that I wouldn't trade for a Remington, or a Winchester, or any other rifle.
The dang thing just shoots so well it is hard to believe sometimes.
YMMV
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got an older Model 110FP in .308 WIN, it's the tactical model, so it has the heavy barrel and all black treatment.

Outstanding shooter. The only thing I wish it had was a detachable magazine, that and I need to upgrade the optic on it something fierce.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a .308 Model 10.  The forearm part of its plastic stock moves when I squeeze it against the barrel.  It definitely needs an aftermarket stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top