Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 8:04:35 PM EDT
People in DFW always make jokes about all the dead hookers in the Trinity River, but that river really is full of dead people.  

Story Link

Family members out searching for missing kayaker on the Trinity River found another man's body.

Edgar Castro disappeared Saturday morning after the inflatable kayak he was in flipped over. He wasn't wearing a life vest and disappeared in fast-moving water.

Teams have been searching for his body along the Trinity River in Fort Worth for the past three days.

<Continued in link>
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I never want to find a dead body
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
PFD's are a BFD.

Even if you think you are a strong swimmer
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Clicked on this thread thinking, Trinity river.

Didn't let me down OP.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad I live upstream.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Found one in the river on my 5th grade field trip. We thought it was cool.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

We did in the 80's while fishing cod in Alaska, had been anchored up in a bay for a few days ,when we were leaving one of the guy spotted what he thought was a survival suit, a trip to the beach confirmed it was a guy in a suit. we hauled him aboard tied him to tbulwarkslks nd prayed that when we drop him off in Sand Point that he didn't have any bullet holes as we had go through about 5K in .223 and 7.62x39 blasting at stuff on the beach

Boat the guy had been working on had sunk 6 weeks before with all lost IIRC
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
A few years ago they were looking for a missing couple at a lake up here and ended up finding four additional bodies from previous accidents.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Happens more than you'd think, I bet.

Happened to us in Iraq.  Looking for a pilot who crashed into the Tigris.  Found another dead guy with his head bashed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Will Wheaton and Corey Feldman jumped out of the bushes and screamed, "Shit, we're too late."
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought I found one this weekend when I was out hiking with my wife and dog. I saw a what looked like a faded shirt or jacket about the size of a torso coming out of a dirt pile. It turned out to be a boat cover that had been buried for who knows how long, but I really thought  I was going to see a decomposing body when I started digging around. Very happy it wasn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top