Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 7:30:53 PM EDT
They never announced the guys name, you never hear anything more about him. . . . Did they conceal his identity due to possible retaliatory threats from the terrorist/islamic community? Someone, somewhere in Texas, should be throwing him a parade if not buying the guy beer for life.

That guy is damned hero and undoubtedly saved countless lives that day. . .  I still can't find any trace of his name on the internet.

When the Canada attack occurred there were pictures, medals, ceremonies, etc for the guy who shot the terrorist but for our guy nothing?

Help me out here, is my search-fu just weak?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
He should have gotten the seventy-two virgins.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
0bama's IRS is now ass raping him over and over and over.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
He's probably in a ditch right now.

Foiled Obama's plans for more fear
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
It's probably better that he lives the rest of his days in peace.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He's probably in a ditch right now.

Foiled Obama's plans for more fear
View Quote

While highly unlikely, I wouldn't be surprised.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
He moved to New York to chase that Broadway dream.

One day he's dancing in the chorus line when the lead actress sprains her ankle...

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's probably better that he lives the rest of his days in peace.
View Quote

I guess that was my thought. You don't want the entire Jihadi community posting your family and friend's addresses on the internet.

Still too bad. . . . you want to see folks like that get the credit they deserve.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought it came out later that it was a swat team and not a lone cop who stopped them?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#9]
If YOU had been the one to do that (or something similar) would you want public credit for it? If so, why?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#10]
He should be the gray man that he is.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If YOU had been the one to do that (or something similar) would you want public credit for it? If so, why?
View Quote

Agreed. Last thing I'd want is my face in the paper.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Youtube channel

Teach at tactical training course

Design a Magpul ant-terrorist revolver attachment
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]
"Still got the shovel..."

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Shouldn't it be 144 virgins?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They never announced the guys name, you never hear anything more about him. . . . Did they conceal his identity due to possible retaliatory threats from the terrorist/islamic community? Someone, somewhere in Texas, should be throwing him a parade if not buying the guy beer for life.

That guy is damned hero and undoubtedly saved countless lives that day. . .  I still can't find any trace of his name on the internet.

When the Canada attack occurred there were pictures, medals, ceremonies, etc for the guy who shot the terrorist but for our guy nothing?

Help me out here, is my search-fu just weak?
View Quote

Do you really think this was a "traffic" cop?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I thought it came out later that it was a swat team and not a lone cop who stopped them?
View Quote

The last report I saw stated it was 5 officers that killed them, not sure if they were SWAT.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The last report I saw stated it was 5 officers that killed them, not sure if they were SWAT.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of like a firing squad where none of the shooters are supposed to know if their gun has the blank out not. No way was that fabricated to protect the real shooter....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

My understanding was a traffic cop engaged them prior to entering the perimeter, effective "stopping" them from going through with their plan.  A SWAT team engaged them, killing them.  If true, I give the traffic cop kudos for big balls.  IMHO, he essentially stopped them and should be given credit for doing so.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Kind of like a firing squad where none of the shooters are supposed to know if their gun has the blank out not. No way was that fabricated to protect the real shooter....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe. Seems logical.

Here's the story.........

"In addition, Bates said that the Garland police officer, who has not been identified, shot the gunmen and wounded, rather than killed, both of them. Four SWAT members armed with assault rifles and pistols came over within seconds, Bates said, and after dozens of rounds were fired from police and the suspected shooters, both gunmen had been killed."

Washington Post
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From someone in the know that I talked to:  Traffic cop basically incapacitated them, SWAT walked up and mag dumped into both of them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#21]
He's probably going to work every day as usual. Wondering what to have for lunch, staying up late to help with math homework, maybe worrying about a leaky roof or CC payments.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#22]
There's no way I'd want to endure the media harassment that would come along with that. Not much good would come from putting the guy's name out there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite, good catch.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Traffic cop shot them both in the head...swat day late dollar Short....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top