Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Daniel Defense is currently the only company I will buy a complete rifle from. More so when they come out with the 762.

I have had better than awesome service from them. They replaced a lower for me free of charge when the grip threads were damaged. Swapped my accessories into the new lower, put the entire rifle in a new hard case and shipped it back. All free.

I currently have a M4V1 and a MK18. Both are top of the line.

Daniel Defense is good to go.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are very Good  .. If you want the best       Colt
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They are very Good  .. If you want the best       Colt
Quoted:
Would you consider this a top of the line rifle? Any known issues?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#3]
There are a few in a local shop for $1300 - $1800, and I've wondered what makes them worth that.
I do like the looks of the copper and grey colored ones, but they just seem like another AR.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It pisses me off that I spent $360 on a 12.5" barrel with pinned gas block and then had to spend another $165 on an H3 buffer and LMT Enhanced carrier to get it function even somewhat correctly with my suppressor.

The suggestions I received were to install an adjustable gas block but it doesn't make much sense to throw another $100+ into that upper when I could just sell the barrel and get a barrel that is made right from BCM or even PSA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think they use too large of gas ports in their barrels after getting my 12.5" so I won't be buying another.  BCM uses proper sized gas ports from what I have experienced (I am sure others do as well) so that is what I will be using from now on.

This is my only issue with their SBRs. Gas ports are drilled too big, reason being to assure they'll run cheaper commercial ammo. The result is an over-gassed rifle.

It pisses me off that I spent $360 on a 12.5" barrel with pinned gas block and then had to spend another $165 on an H3 buffer and LMT Enhanced carrier to get it function even somewhat correctly with my suppressor.

The suggestions I received were to install an adjustable gas block but it doesn't make much sense to throw another $100+ into that upper when I could just sell the barrel and get a barrel that is made right from BCM or even PSA.

Agreed. That's why I didn't pick up one of the 10.3" DD when a dealer was selling for so cheap about 6 weeks ago. There was a thread about it here. Great deal, but the .080+ gas port on their 10.3"s is too much.

I've got a colt barrel cut down to 10.3" by ADCO. Gas port ~.071 as I recall. Much better.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I currently have 2 DD rifles, one of them in 300BLK. I love them and even after having an issue with one of them, their customer service is amazing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine has never given me problems, but it is noticeably over-gassed.  Would buy a BCM over it unless all you shoot is wolf.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Does DD have oversized gas ports on all their barrels or just the shorties? I have a 16" and 18" I've been happy with. Is it just a recent issue?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does DD have oversized gas ports on all their barrels or just the shorties? I have a 16" and 18" I've been happy with. Is it just a recent issue?
View Quote

Funny enough it started about two years ago and people are over generalizing when they say all of them. The lightweight barrels sit right at .063 like normal. About half of the 10.3" barrels are still made to standard spec but all the mk18s they make as whole rifles get the bigger gas ports. This was because everyone was trying to run cheap underpowered ammo and were complaining to DD about it not cycling. If someone wants the quality of a DD barrel but are having trouble with overgassing just order the cheap micro govnah from micromoa with a .063 gas port. You need to buy a gasblock anyways and should be running an adjustable if you want to use a suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Funny enough it started about two years ago and people are over generalizing when they say all of them. The lightweight barrels sit right at .063 like normal. About half of the 10.3" barrels are still made to standard spec but all the mk18s they make as whole rifles get the bigger gas ports. This was because everyone was trying to run cheap underpowered ammo and were complaining to DD about it not cycling. If someone wants the quality of a DD barrel but are having trouble with overgassing just order the cheap micro govnah from micromoa with a .063 gas port. You need to buy a gasblock anyways and should be running an adjustable if you want to use a suppressor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes way too much sense.  Please everyone just overlook this.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I really like their barrels.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol Troy. Kid tested mother disapproved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My next AR will be a DD or Troy.

Lol Troy. Kid tested mother disapproved.

Go away, the grown ups are talking.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I really like their barrels.
View Quote

Very solid barrels, i was getting under 1 inch 5 shot groups with nosler defense 62g anmo, great for SD ammo.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top