Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2015 3:23:07 PM EDT
Would you consider this a top of the line rifle? Any known issues?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any known issues?
View Quote

Problem with some stocks but they'll send you a new one.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_382/265238_New_rifle_buttstock_slips_toward_the_receiver_when_fired

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
They are pretty much with Colt and BCM as being good, solid, middle of the road rifles that can take a beating and put rounds on target (assuming the guy pulling the trigger is doing his job.)

I would say they are a step above people like RRA and Stag (not that those aren't good rifles) and a few steps behind guys like Noveske, Larue, and KAC.

If you are looking at one and the price is right you can buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

The RIS II makes me happy and their integrally suppressed 300blk upper looks cool.  

Everything else is kinda "meh".
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't have a complete rifle but I have been very impressed with the DD products I have gotten.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
No LaRue is the only top Manufacturer of ARs.

Company is awesome
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Company is awesome
View Quote

lol, LaRue.  

DD is good to go
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I like their barrels. Their accessories like rails and buttstocks are ugly IMO, but I'm sure they are solidly built.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#8]
They are excellent rifles.

I made a pilgrimage there once...

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol, LaRue.  

DD is good to go
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Company is awesome

lol, LaRue.  

DD is good to go

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1763687_I_m_jerking_the_sheets_off_this_one_for_a_good_cause___M__LaRue.html

Lol you! LaRue gets my money from now on.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I think they use too large of gas ports in their barrels after getting my 12.5" so I won't be buying another.  BCM uses proper sized gas ports from what I have experienced (I am sure others do as well) so that is what I will be using from now on.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I paired up my $120 DD pencil bbl deal from AIM with a DD BCG, with a DD clamp on gas block and DD Omega Rail.  Everything fit together with such precision.

Coming from a Tier 3 AR background, I could immediately tell the difference in the quality and how well it shoots.  I'm not one to cherry pick the best group and post a pic of it to give the impression the gun always shoots like that, but so far I've seen that gun pull a few submoa groups with factory ammo out of its ass, even using a mil-spec trigger.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#12]
DD makes excellent products. I have been happy with everything I have purchased from them thus far.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#13]
They are very Good  .. If you want the best       Colt
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They are pretty much with Colt and BCM as being good, solid, middle of the road rifles that can take a beating and put rounds on target (assuming the guy pulling the trigger is doing his job.)

I would say they are a step above people like RRA and Stag (not that those aren't good rifles) and a few steps behind guys like Noveske, Larue, and KAC.

View Quote

Serious question here.... I have a DDM4v1 and I honestly can't see anything that makes it inferior to Noveske, Larue, or KAC. I hit a steel plate at 750 yards, with wolf ammo and a non-magnified eotech a couple weeks ago.

What actually makes those manufacturers better?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1763687_I_m_jerking_the_sheets_off_this_one_for_a_good_cause___M__LaRue.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Company is awesome

lol, LaRue.  

DD is good to go

I have nothing against LaRue, I was laughing about the post I quoted and his joke.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a DDM4V7 as my first "serious" AR. Thing was a tank. Wasn't a huge fan of the rail sections. Sold the upper, kept the lower. I did get a RIS II. It's one solid bastard. I'll most likely be getting one of their MK18 uppers in the future. I don't think you can go wrong with Daniel Defense really.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Company is awesome
View Quote

Roflcopter

DD > larue
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Serious question here.... I have a DDM4v1 and I honestly can't see anything that makes it inferior to Noveske, Larue, or KAC. I hit a steel plate at 750 yards, with wolf ammo and a non-magnified eotech a couple weeks ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DD and BCM barrels are produced for the masses with soulless, CHF machines that just pound slag into shape. Noveske and Larue barrels are hand turned on lathes by oompa loompas with unicorn semen as coolant. They don't even recycle the semen. They just flush it down the drain as soon as it hits steel and pass on the expense to you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
DD and BCM barrels are produced for the masses with soulless, CHF machines that just pound slag into shape. Noveske and Larue barrels are hand turned on lathes by oompa loompas with unicorn semen as coolant. They don't even recycle the semen. They just flush it down the drain as soon as it hits steel and pass on the expense to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think they use too large of gas ports in their barrels after getting my 12.5" so I won't be buying another.  BCM uses proper sized gas ports from what I have experienced (I am sure others do as well) so that is what I will be using from now on.
View Quote

This is my only issue with their SBRs. Gas ports are drilled too big, reason being to assure they'll run cheaper commercial ammo. The result is an over-gassed rifle.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have three and I pretty much agree with this. I love mine. Especially the SBR.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL!!!  Colt has really gone down hill.  Don't listen to this guy

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#23]

I've had 1 (DDM4V1) for about 5 years now and love it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, it's no Intacto.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Daniel Defense is as good as anyone.  Total guess, but it SEEMS like DD gets fewer reliability complaints than Larue or recent Noveske.

Don't even bring Colt into this.  They had their day in the sun, and let the innovators pass right by them.  Nary an innovation from Colt in decades.  

I put DD and KAC together at the top, and honestly kinda prefer DD.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL,

DD is the rifle every colt wants to be when it grows up.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn. I was going to use a DD 12.5 barrel on a pistol I'm building. Can the gas port issue be remedied with an adjustable gas block?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

LOL,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL,

Yeah I'm not sure why but they post this type of stuff in just about every thread possible. In one even encouraging people to invest in colt As someone that deployed with a colt I can say I would never buy or trust a colt rifle, but I happily own two DD.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Damn. I was going to use a DD 12.5 barrel on a pistol I'm building. Can the gas port issue be remedied with an adjustable gas block?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a 12.5 DD barrel paired with a Geisselle super gas block that runs without any problems.

I love the finish on DD, seems a lot smoother than some of the other AR's that I have had.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is my only issue with their SBRs. Gas ports are drilled too big, reason being to assure they'll run cheaper commercial ammo. The result is an over-gassed rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It pisses me off that I spent $360 on a 12.5" barrel with pinned gas block and then had to spend another $165 on an H3 buffer and LMT Enhanced carrier to get it function even somewhat correctly with my suppressor.

The suggestions I received were to install an adjustable gas block but it doesn't make much sense to throw another $100+ into that upper when I could just sell the barrel and get a barrel that is made right from BCM or even PSA.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yea a gas block will fix it, usually not even an issue unless running suppressed.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Run away would be my advice if you want to use a suppressor.  While the adjustable gas block will fix it you would be better off buying a BCM barrel or even getting a complete barrel from MicroMOA if you want an adjustable gas block anyway.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a 12.5 DD bbl too and find it works well with an H2 buffer and Wolff extra power buffer spring.  Throws M193/M855 brass about 3-4 oclock unsuppressed and 1-2 oclock suppressed.

I put my 14.5 DD bbl upper on the same lower and it works the same way.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have a 12.5 DD bbl too and find it works well with an H2 buffer and Wolff extra power buffer spring.  Throws M193/M855 brass about 3-4 oclock unsuppressed and 1-2 oclock suppressed.

View Quote

Mine must be extra special then as even with an H3 buffer, Sprinco Blue, and LMT Enhanced carrier it still ejects between 1-2 o'clock suppressed and 3-4 o'clock unsuppressed and that is using 223 pressure ammo while my 11.5" BCM ejects at 3-3:30 o'clock suppressed and 4-5 o'clock with just a standard carrier, spring, and H2 buffer using the same ammo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#35]
An Omega 9.0 rail is almost mandatory if you have a Colt 6920. Solid and well built. If the quality of their rifles is similar to their accessories, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of their rifles.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Daniel Defense is as good as anyone.  Total guess, but it SEEMS like DD gets fewer reliability complaints than Larue or recent Noveske.

Don't even bring Colt into this.  They had their day in the sun, and let the innovators pass right by them.  Nary an innovation from Colt in decades.  

I put DD and KAC together at the top, and honestly kinda prefer DD.
View Quote

What he/she said.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#37]
DD is good to go.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

No.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a joke, right?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Mine must be extra special then as even with an H3 buffer, Sprinco Blue, and LMT Enhanced carrier it still ejects between 1-2 o'clock suppressed and 3-4 o'clock unsuppressed and that is using 223 pressure ammo while my 11.5" BCM ejects at 3-3:30 o'clock suppressed and 4-5 o'clock with just a standard carrier, spring, and H2 buffer using the same ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the bright side, with the overgassiness, it'll start running right when the insides of the receiver are caked with suppressor gunk and dragging ass on everything.   A condition that'll make a reduced mass BCG run home to mommy.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Top of the line? No. KAC holds that title.

Damn fine fighting rifle able to goto hell and beyond? Oh yes.

Id buy anything from DD with confidence (if I didnt already buy KAC first)

They are on par with BCM. They just plain work as much as you could ever expect from a 'milspec' type rifle.

IMO, I prefer them over BCM as most of their parts are made in house rather than relying on someone else. QC is truly controlled rather than just checked.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#42]
DD is a damn good rifle.  "Top of the line" or "Tier 1" is subjective and will vary on who you ask.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

On the bright side, with the overgassiness, it'll start running right when the insides of the receiver are caked with suppressor gunk and dragging ass on everything.   A condition that'll make a reduced mass BCG run home to mommy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a glass half full kinda guy aren't you

I think I have it sorted out finally but I just wish I didn't have to spend the extra money to do it.  It runs really well now though and I have never had a malfunction with it in the 400 or so rounds I have shot it thus far during my troubleshooting.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Don't have a complete rifle but I have been very impressed with the DD products I have gotten.

View Quote

I have a DD barrel on my match gun that I am very happy with.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Top of the line? No. KAC holds that title.

Damn fine fighting rifle able to goto hell and beyond? Oh yes.

Id buy anything from DD with confidence (if I didnt already buy KAC first)

They are on par with BCM. They just plain work as much as you could ever expect from a 'milspec' type rifle.

IMO, I prefer them over BCM as most of their parts are made in house rather than relying on someone else. QC is truly controlled rather than just checked.
View Quote

Um, what difference does it really make?  The standards are the standards.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#46]
My next AR will be a DD or Troy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My next AR will be a DD or Troy.
View Quote

Lol Troy. Kid tested mother disapproved.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well, it's no Intacto.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Never had any problems running suppressed with my 12.5 either.  Maybe just dumb luck on the first time I built something from the ground up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top